Author

Topic: [ANN] [VIA] ★ Viacoin ★ ~ the future of digital currency ~ ★ - page 161. (Read 825850 times)

legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1001
Two options for VIA right now: 1. No official confirmation about Zynga and long downtrend.
                                             2. Official confirmation and panic buying...

First option 1, then option 2.   Wink
why the dev team not to official announce this great news?
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
Two options for VIA right now: 1. No official confirmation about Zynga and long downtrend.

First option 1, then option 2.   Wink
Activity: 707
Merit: 505
it's quiet... too quiet...
legendary
good news for XCH, why the price of via is going down again?

Possible reasons:
1. Miners are dumping to get daily electronic fees and profits
2. Weak hands are selling because btc crashes.  Cry  
3. Ppl don't get an official news or confirmation from dev team about cooperating with Zynga.
so we belive the price of via will come back to its normal level.
glad to wait for that in this situation.

Official confirmation is more likely ,and we wait for the update.
Activity: 461
Merit: 250
Thanks for explanation, if I understood correctly it is similar to counterparty in some ways?
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
I'm curious, how does clearwallet know how many addresses have been generated and what their labels are? Does it store that information on the server?

Yes, there is some metadata stored about that, like how many addresses and the labels you might have assigned, your wallet preferences from user settings etc. It does not know the private keys though.

Basically it is not a wallet services in the sense of something that keeps your private keys. It's just a fancy browser app that stores some user preferences server side.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Do you plan to develop XCH wallet to desktop use?
I would rather keep them in my wallet if i can.
+1

It can be done.
Send them (or more accurately 'assign' them) to the Viacoin address on your desktop and sure enough that is where they will go and you can be happy that you are in control of the keys.

The downside though is that you wont be able to see or interact with your XCH because the client does not have that functionality at the moment but like drak said earlier you can just import your private key into clearwallet at any time and sure enough your XCH will be there Smiley

#hackish

I used the wrong, word, it sweeps them. Clearwallet is not a centralized keystore, your private keys never leave your browser. They are deterministically generated from you seed passphrase. This means you cannot import private keys, what happens is you sweep which transfers the tokens from your "import" to a key generated by your passphrase. So you can store CH assets on any other wallet, but this is how you'd spend them.

I'm curious, how does clearwallet know how many addresses have been generated and what their labels are? Does it store that information on the server?
Activity: 448
Hi,

our community manager is right! We need to stop talking price and start contributing to value. The contest http://www.reddit.com/r/viacoin/comments/2k0k81/viacoin_and_clearinghouse_present_the_future_of/ is a very good start to find real-world applications. The big advantage of a community driven project is that it boundles brain power from around the world. People are comming from all kind of proffessions. You should think about how via/clearinghouse can revolutionize your specific business. Once we know our market better we can reach out for adoption. Please participate.

edit: does anybody wants to buy a genesis-mining contract account for a discount? I would like to sell it. You can mine viacoins with it.

KarmaKaguy
Activity: 36
Merit: 0

Possible reasons:
3. Ppl don't get an official news or confirmation from dev team about cooperating with Zynga.

pretty much .

Pretty sure the news were not fake but that doesnt mean that  Zynga will end up using VIA/XCH .

Need to hope for the best !
Activity: 371

Possible reasons:

legendary

Possible reasons:
Activity: 36
looks more like someones exit tbh .
Activity: 840

Possible reasons:
legendary
Activity: 24
Rather than speculate on who is or isn't following Drak on Twitter, funnel some of that energy into "The Future of _____" contest in which a 500 word essay or video could earn you 1000 VIA + 10000 XCH: http://www.reddit.com/r/viacoin/comments/2k0k81/viacoin_and_clearinghouse_present_the_future_of/

It closes November 15th, and there is only 1 entry so far.

10 free VIA just for a valid entry!
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
http://fuk.io - check it out!
this is pushing great Smiley
legendary
Activity: 938
HashHarder has updated to the latest v0.10.5 version. Help spread the hash!
legendary
Activity: 1064
+1

It can be done.
Send them (or more accurately 'assign' them) to the Viacoin address on your desktop and sure enough that is where they will go and you can be happy that you are in control of the keys.

The downside though is that you wont be able to see or interact with your XCH because the client does not have that functionality at the moment but like drak said earlier you can just import your private key into clearwallet at any time and sure enough your XCH will be there Smiley

#hackish

I used the wrong, word, it sweeps them. Clearwallet is not a centralized keystore, your private keys never leave your browser. They are deterministically generated from you seed passphrase. This means you cannot import private keys, what happens is you sweep which transfers the tokens from your "import" to a key generated by your passphrase. So you can store CH assets on any other wallet, but this is how you'd spend them.
Activity: 840
Can some of the Chinese follows in this thread please spread the word about the Viacoin upgrade. The upgrade is mandatory http://blog.viacoin.org/2014/11/01/v0-10-5.html

I just did it, https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9418010

And I modified the links on the OP
Activity: 707
Merit: 505
+1

It can be done.

#hackish
Jump to: