Pages:
Author

Topic: ANN [XC] Privacy Based Smart Chain with Automated Build System - page 3. (Read 130157 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Hey all, I had used the latest wallet in the summer to sync and stake without probs, what further actions need I take apart from downloading new wallet when its out and using old wallet dat? Thank you.
Activity: 13
There is a new XC wallet, for now only linux but other OS builds are coming and will be posted here : https://github.com/XCurrency/xc

Join XC slack for more info : https://xcurrency-slack.herokuapp.com/

Thanks m8. Nice to see some developments again.

Do we have an exchange yet that we can add XC to ?

Maybe Kucoin or any one of those other new exchanges that are popping up ?

XC is currently listed at : https://novaexchange.com/market/BTC_XC/

They are channging owners now so all deposits are disabled, this is their latest news :

2017-12-10 17:44 - Ongoing discussions with new owners
Discussions with new owners are going well and it seems very likely that there will be a simple way to migrate from old site to new site (same domain, just new management). Hopefully this will be ready around February 2018. More information will be published as soon as we know more.

Its a top priority having XC listed at more exchanges but it will come when all OS builds are ready and the swap has been made next week so they start the exchange with the new wallet.

Activity: 413
Merit: 250
There is a new XC wallet, for now only linux but other OS builds are coming and will be posted here : https://github.com/XCurrency/xc

Thanks m8. Nice to see some developments again.

Do we have an exchange yet that we can add XC to ?

Maybe Kucoin or any one of those other new exchanges that are popping up ?
Activity: 13

Activity: 223
Merit: 102
This is a very good project, very sorry to find too late, want to be one of them but lost the best investment opportunities.
Activity: 490
Saved you from a scam? Send me some BTC!
What a coincidence, one of the old fudders turns up on the day we get an update.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
What is happening with this coin?

I remember when it was a top 20 coin. 2013/2014   . Back in the days of Mintpal even. Smiley

where can i buy it and what is the "swap"?

Try reading the fine thread.

Right? I don't get the lack of interest in this coin. If the tech is open source and is at least as good as any of the other privacy options out there, how does it have such a low mcap? It seems like it should be worth at least as much as SDC. Especially given the recently renewed interest in privacy options a la XMR and ZEC. I remember a time when the DASH (or rather, DARK) community ran a full-on balls-to-the-wall coordinated FUDfest because they were afraid of this coin. I mean, for people who can read the code, what is it about this coin that when they look into it, they go, 'This coin is not worth buying at this price.'?

Maybe it's just because it's not mine-able? I know the mining had to be stopped early because it was in danger of 51% attacks. Is it a problem that it's PoS only and there are a few ppl with over 5%, and several that own over 1%?

Maybe it's just that it seems like it's dead, even if it's not, because there is no activity here (or anywhere else that's easily searchable) from devs/community. As far as I know you can't google the slack logs, so unless you sign up for the slack and log in all the time, there's no way to know what's going on. I don't know what it is, but it could probably use a little bit of marketing, or at the very least a sign of a pulse.

The privacy is based on CoinShuffle, which is not competitive with Bitcoin, much less XMR's passive obfuscation, because it requires other active participants to mix coins with.

Given XC has no active users, there are no other coins to mix.

So while CoinShuffle works OK for BTC's very high volume, it's completely ineffective for XC.

If the coin seems like it's dead, it probably is.

This thread was just a brief revival for pump and dump creation.

Latest commit ecac75e on Aug 25

Activity: 413
So much for 2017...

Wtf man...is Dan just giving us the silent treatment ??
Always the same with these solo devs it seems. Alot of promises and then *poof* they're gone.
Think we really had a good thing going there last year.
Bit worried this is not coming off the ground again...
Activity: 364
Merit: 19
Activity: 301
So much for 2017...

I remember when it was a top 20 coin. 2013/2014   . Back in the days of Mintpal even. Smiley

Ah Mintpal... those were the days! A scammer claiming to be in Japan while his phone reveals him to be in London. Good times!

We don't know what's happening, that's why we're kicking off here.

You can't buy unless you have BTC on Nova, or you do a deal with someone privately. There was supposed to be a swap for a new coin, new tech and blockchain, but.... here we are.
Activity: 631
Merit: 258

Activity: 1008
Merit: 253
I am willing to sell 5k XC for 0.5btc.

PM if interested.

https://www.novaexchange.com/market/BTC_XC/

While it's trading asks are too low than what is reason to buy this coin at high price?

Terrible show I agree. He should reply and keep communications open with us. I expect he is full out with blocknet right now which i get but still come on some XC update just to say something would take 2 mins.

Dan say something here for the bct users

Well, he's not too busy to log in to bct apparently, he was last online 14th of December. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this a very poor performance.

Feels like the old familiar trick that's been used in crypto for many a year, promise an update, create a bit of a buzz and some hype, then dump ya bag on the plebs.

Is that what it is Dan? Are we the plebs? What happened to the update? The new website? Bittrex?
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
we are exchangeless or there is somewhere for xc now?

how about stocks.exchange  I hear they were adding coin from nova

Cryptopia would be good but i heard they got expensive lately.

Whats the latest with xc anyway been under the radar for months and years now

There is no exchange or apparent support from devs. Was told we were going to get new wallet/genesis block multiple times but no follow thru or communication. I was willing to help fund new exchange listing but because Dan can't even take a minute to communicate with us, I refuse to donate anything. He can pay for it himself. For all of you Block supporters ( I am too), don't even tell me we're going to be on the DX. That's not good enough. Rant over...

Terrible show I agree. He should reply and keep communications open with us. I expect he is full out with blocknet right now which i get but still come on some XC update just to say something would take 2 mins.

Dan say something here for the bct users
legendary
Activity: 1455
Merit: 1033
i also want to sell 6450 XC for 0.6 BTC. (only with escrow)

PM if you are interrested
Activity: 65
I am willing to sell 5k XC for 0.5btc.

PM if interested.
Activity: 727
Merit: 501

There is no exchange or apparent support from devs. Was told we were going to get new wallet/genesis block multiple times but no follow thru or communication. I was willing to help fund new exchange listing but because Dan can't even take a minute to communicate with us, I refuse to donate anything. He can pay for it himself. For all of you Block supporters ( I am too), don't even tell me we're going to be on the DX. That's not good enough. Rant over...
Lot of work is being done lately in BLOCK. I suppose when block new decentralised market place will be fully implemented we will have news about XC. BTFD just in case...
Activity: 301

legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

Pages:
Jump to: