Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [XJO] Joulecoin | SHA256 | First SHA256 data coin | Major upgrade 0.10.4.2 - page 57. (Read 139724 times)

IMZ
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
Eight: experiment with programs that make XJO's price genuinely independent of BTC's -- ??

Nine: develop a showcase in-house exchange. It will encompass Trusted Traders, policies to increase XJO's price by selling coin in-house (but buying on automated exchanges), physical bullion sales (managed by National Chapters), FIAT-TO-XJO trades (again NC's), interim volume-raising tactics -- ??

Ten: some experiments in 'micro-centralisation' (related to the anti-parasite techiques).

Conclusion: one of two things is about to happen: change or not-change. If the remaining Joule community members think that All Will Be Okay if they hodl, and perhaps put a fox tail on the aerial, then my ideas will be dismissed as insulting and unwelcome bullshit. Or the community might say, 'Joule is a satisfactory 1st-gen coin in the technical sense, but there are NO cases of such coins spontaneously returning to health. Joule is oddly 'neutral' (only 18 pagez on BTCtalk!). It somehow didn't take off in the first place. More to the point, we know that it will not at this moment in crypto history suddenly outcompete coins like NXT and Unobtanium. So . . . what if we accept this guy's suggestions, and see what we can learn?'

M.

IMZ
legendary
One: state frankly that Circumstances have left the Joule very very near to being beyond redemption.

Two: decide therefore that it is entirely reasonable to undertake a truly radical project to revive it.

Three: the central notion -- my political analysis -- is that crypto coin-communities have marketed their coins lopsidedly: they have 'faced inwards' and expected the world to find them. This -- and I apologise for my bluntness -- is because so many Internet folk have poor general social skills. (They confuse the Internet with the real world.)

Four: we begin a spirited experiment aimed at solving a problem that any anthropologist would immediately see: there is no community mechanism to deal with anti-social elements. Guys, I began my involvement in revolutionary politics in 1982. The dynamic here is clear. You assume that everyone will take no more than they give. This is the radical aspect of the relaunch.

Five: we focus on the community rather than the coin. That is, the Joule becomes rather like the Neutral Territory Cafe, a place where talented characters from the cryptosphere can meet: quite serious, the exact opposite of the pathetic prevailing electronic high-fives tl;dr model in place elsewhere.

Six: National Chapters becomes a focus. Things like trading bullion require local knowledge.

Seven: 'consultancy culture': the Joule community (let the price of the coins tag along behind) begins introducing friends and neighbours and small merchants and family and colleagues and organisations to cryptos -- and not just the Joule. A nice set might be Bitcoin, Unobtanium, NXT, Joule. WE ASSIST THESE PEOPLE IN A HANDS-ON MANNER FOR AS LONG AS IT TAKES.  We employ a wide range of novel approaches THAT ALL INVOLVE FACE-TO-FACE AND TELEPHONE COMMUNICATION.

Okay, got some visitors. Back shortly

M
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
Hey, Referee!

Ahhhh -- but what are thoughts on my suggestion of Radical Action? Without Total Enthusiasm from you, it would be a fizzer.

Mark, Australia

Could you sum up your ideas in a list, so I can thoroughly study your ideas.

We as community can get this coin back on track again Smiley
IMZ
legendary
Hey, Referee!

Ahhhh -- but what are thoughts on my suggestion of Radical Action? Without Total Enthusiasm from you, it would be a fizzer.

Mark, Australia
legendary
Good to see some active people over here.

I'm still here, and currently in the background there is something cool in the works, something that you guys will love  Cheesy I think everything will be finished in less than two weeks.

Joulecoin is one of the few coins that is not created by the dev to get rich quick, it has a long pow stage, gets updates regularly, etc.

Instead of supporting shitty scam coins everyone should go back to basic and support legit coins, like how it was back in 2012/2013.

I'll keep you guys updated Smiley
IMZ
legendary
@ roll call: wait

@ Spazzdla and mining: even if the erupter isn't strictly profitable, I would like to learn something about mining -- if I can srart cheaply.

@ seeking knowledge? I've been an unaffiliated scholar all my life.

@ ferocious trading? It will work, but the buy-sell split on cryptsy is 10% (low volume!). So we will need to work at it.

Mark (IndiaMikeZulu), Australia
legendary
Activity: 1722
Important Note: most of us will remain committed to other coins. Good. My Krazee Ideah is that Joule be a venue for proving how poor most coin-communities are at development. Whatever successes we achieve here will then be evidence for the same tactics in other communities. And Joule will meantime be revived.

Spazzdia, what do you think of the idea of putting our countries of origin at the bottom of posts?

And would you be prepared to explain to me about minng?? I am an UTTER.klutz with computers. Can I really get a disco light miner for just a few bucks?

And good on you for sticking with your coin! We all need, I argue, to give to cryptos as much as we want to get.

Mark (IndiaMikeZulu), Australia. NXT and Unobtanium

Depends what you want to know.. I am currently starting this course on youtube.. it's not legit or gets me anything but knowledge but IMO that is way underrated and the fancy paper saying you learned it hyper over rated.. ne ways.. For what the miner is actually doing I know some basics but I need to spend more time learning about cryptology to really get it.  Learnt some basics like ceares code, Viegnere's code and the masonic code.

As for setting up a miner I highly recommend youtube.. google the S1 set up and the R-box setup.  The eye-boot guy is really good at explaining how to make the R-Box work.   It takes like 10 mintues to setup even with downloading the required files.

Canada.
IMZ
legendary
Important Note: most of us will remain committed to other coins. Good. My Krazee Ideah is that Joule be a venue for proving how poor most coin-communities are at development. Whatever successes we achieve here will then be evidence for the same tactics in other communities. And Joule will meantime be revived.

Spazzdia, what do you think of the idea of putting our countries of origin at the bottom of posts?

And would you be prepared to explain to me about minng?? I am an UTTER.klutz with computers. Can I really get a disco light miner for just a few bucks?

And good on you for sticking with your coin! We all need, I argue, to give to cryptos as much as we want to get.

Mark (IndiaMikeZulu), Australia. NXT and Unobtanium
legendary
Hmmmm. . . .

May I humbly ask for a roll call?

Ref? Have you bailed?
Balu?
Charlie?
Spazzdia and Micro -- you still using those little miners? Could I buy one and learn?
(Look for John later)

Mad Krypto Scientist Idea One: we always put our nation of origin in our signatures cause there are many developmental benefits to be had -- MAILING stuff within countries. Stuff like bullion!!

Idea Two: develop a STRONG dynamic of peer-to-peer trading. For six months, at least, if we only BUY joules on the automated exchanges, and we arrange here on this site any sales we make, the price should rise. It is a fair practice, showing concerted community effort to develop XJO.

Idea Three: at the same time, all active members ferociously trade the coin. Keep a 'core' holding, but buy and sell on every market price-change.

I am 100% still mining this coin.. I will mine it until it dies lol, for sure you could buy one and learn!! I'd suggest eye-boot unless you want to spend some decent $.  If you do want to spend a bit of $ bitmaintech or rockminer.. or kijijj but do not pay more than $2 a Ghash/sec.  I've put some $ into prevent the coin from dying.. it will not go under $200 marketcap.. but at that point some might consider it "dead".

I'm sitting on a decent amount of joule via mining and buying lol.
IMZ
legendary
Hmmmm. . . .

May I humbly ask for a roll call?

Ref? Have you bailed?
Balu?
Charlie?
Spazzdia and Micro -- you still using those little miners? Could I buy one and learn?
(Look for John later)

Mad Krypto Scientist Idea One: we always put our nation of origin in our signatures cause there are many developmental benefits to be had -- MAILING stuff within countries. Stuff like bullion!!

Idea Two: develop a STRONG dynamic of peer-to-peer trading. For six months, at least, if we only BUY joules on the automated exchanges, and we arrange here on this site any sales we make, the price should rise. It is a fair practice, showing concerted community effort to develop XJO.

Idea Three: at the same time, all active members ferociously trade the coin. Keep a 'core' holding, but buy and sell on every market price-change.

IMZ
legendary
Hmmmm . . .

Just bought six k joule so I wouldn't seem like a wanker when I come to chat.

So . . .  SOME people might say this coin is circling the drain: cap down to seven k.

One of IndiaMikeZulu's Crazy Ideas is to launch our own training-coin. And I am fascinated by the relations between the tech nature of a coin and its community. Gee, you could almost use a coin as a neutral place for hanging out (if the coin didn't represent a threat to anyone.)!!

So, here's a coin heading for its first birthday, its dev is on board, just had wallet update, and it is dead easy to mine. Let me keep looking.

Mark (IndiaMikeZulu), Western Australia
legendary
John, read your pm's, something interesting is planned, I need your approval.

legendary
Joulecoinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001
V500, are you a UNO-vian? Fancy meeting you here.

+1
legendary
There any easy way to tell if a coin has been 51%ed?

IMZ
legendary
V500, are you a UNO-vian? Fancy meeting you here.

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Joulecoin has been updated to be in line with Bitcoin 0.9.2.1. This brings all the fixes and features from Bitcoin 0.9.2.1 (e.g. coin control) to Joulecoin.

Compile from Github or download the latest Windows wallets here:

Windows QT Wallet 0.9.2.1
Win32 http://www.joulecoin.org/joulecoin092r1win32.zip
Win64 http://www.joulecoin.org/joulecoin092r1win64.zip
Win32 (Dropbox) https://www.dropbox.com/s/m28vqd243zhl490/joulecoin092r1win32.zip
Win64 (Dropbox) https://www.dropbox.com/s/z523hmm2i2sxxjr/joulecoin092r1win64.zip
Win32 (Mega) https://mega.co.nz/#!Js4FGBTA!FeHTkRK0JTpHAte24400Egfda2NhZrHs8GCR7XCvluI
Win64 (Mega) https://mega.co.nz/#!h8w0SD6K!EIU8cfo-_WdgC2RdP3JTCN4TX0UQTTVINjsPVmSKGPA

For those building in Linux, the new build sequence is:

./autogen.sh
./configure
make

Great, all seems to be working. I will continue to mine this coin, and hope this survives the altcoin demise that is happening.
Activity: 56
Joulecoin has been updated to be in line with Bitcoin 0.9.2.1. This brings all the fixes and features from Bitcoin 0.9.2.1 (e.g. coin control) to Joulecoin.

Compile from Github or download the latest Windows wallets here:

Windows QT Wallet 0.9.2.1
Win32 http://www.joulecoin.org/joulecoin092r1win32.zip
Win64 http://www.joulecoin.org/joulecoin092r1win64.zip
Win32 (Dropbox) https://www.dropbox.com/s/m28vqd243zhl490/joulecoin092r1win32.zip
Win64 (Dropbox) https://www.dropbox.com/s/z523hmm2i2sxxjr/joulecoin092r1win64.zip
Win32 (Mega) https://mega.co.nz/#!Js4FGBTA!FeHTkRK0JTpHAte24400Egfda2NhZrHs8GCR7XCvluI
Win64 (Mega) https://mega.co.nz/#!h8w0SD6K!EIU8cfo-_WdgC2RdP3JTCN4TX0UQTTVINjsPVmSKGPA

For those building in Linux, the new build sequence is:

./autogen.sh
./configure
make
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Sorry guys, but the dev is definitely not on the same level as me. I quit, good luck to everyone.

Sorry it didn't work out.

There was no pre-mine, insta-minte, IPO or such, so there is limited XJO available for promotion.

I am still open to working with anyone who wants to see XJO succeed.

just keep going. I like the coin.

OP needs update though. Coinex should be removed and new second exchange wouldn't hurt i think. Maybe try getting this on swisscex, polo or ccex?
Activity: 56
Sorry guys, but the dev is definitely not on the same level as me. I quit, good luck to everyone.

Sorry it didn't work out.

There was no pre-mine, insta-minte, IPO or such, so there is limited XJO available for promotion.

I am still open to working with anyone who wants to see XJO succeed.
Pages:
Jump to: