Author

Topic: [ANN] [XMG] MAGI | CPU mining | mPoW | mPoS | [MagiPay] - page 151. (Read 2375617 times)

Activity: 82
Merit: 0
Anyone know what's going on with Luckypool?  Any ETA for them getting back online?

Given this harsh price drop probably never again.  Cry
Activity: 25
Anyone know what's going on with Luckypool?  Any ETA for them getting back online?

It is profitable for me because I use the laptop and cellphones, that I already own, to mine.
That makes my equipment costs $0

I have even put two old android cellphones, that were just sitting in a drawer, to work.
In the apartment in which I live, utilities are a fixed price each month, so I am not paying any more than I would.

(Electricity charge $0)

I LOVE MAGI COIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (XMG)

Steve C.

In this case it makes sense, since any profit made is net profit, and if you watch the efficiency of the miner and prevent overheating the toll on the hardware should not be much higher than normal usage. That's why I have the miner always running, when I use my computer. (okay when I play online I turn it of, to be sure to have the max performance)
Activity: 53

[/quote]

you guys're mining XMG right? may I ask what is the profit, or did you get any profit back from that invest?
cause I saw that CPU mining just not efficiency. don't know if til the cpu die, did it mined enough the money that you invest for hardware?
thank you!
[/quote]

It is profitable for me because I use the laptop and cellphones, that I already own, to mine.
That makes my equipment costs $0

I have even put two old android cellphones, that were just sitting in a drawer, to work.
In the apartment in which I live, utilities are a fixed price each month, so I am not paying any more than I would.

(Electricity charge $0)

I LOVE MAGI COIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (XMG)

Steve C.
I recently found XMG these days and I feel intrigued through the project. Could it be still rewarding to my own this  coin?

I hope so, historically - for me, Magi has been my most profitable coin for trading - its been a little slow the last few weeks, but the price is at a very good entry point

I'm new to crypto and Mag/XMG and I'm an IT Guy, so not the best financial analyst/advisor/..., but the price of magi/XMG  in the last month is very promising, even though BTC was falling. In any case XMG, through the PoS, seems suitable for long term investments (#HOLD). Grin
Disclaimer: I am not a financial advisor!!!
Activity: 70
I recently found XMG these days and I feel intrigued through the project. Could it be still rewarding to my own this  coin?
Yes I guess. It can be still rewarded.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029

I hope so, historically - for me, Magi has been my most profitable coin for trading - its been a little slow the last few weeks, but the price is at a very good entry point
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001
you guys're mining XMG right? may I ask what is the profit, or did you get any profit back from that invest?
cause I saw that CPU mining just not efficiency. don't know if til the cpu die, did it mined enough the money that you invest for hardware?
thank you!

I started mining some days ago, but at present I don't think you could get the hardware cost back soon. Even with a raspberry Pi where the power cost are minimal, the return is pretty small. 2 week mining in an pool with one Raspberry Pi 3 ~ 0,55 XMG (or less) = a year about 15 XMG or so. To get the price for the PI back it would take rough 8 year (not counting the electricity, other stuff like Internet, SD-Card, ... ), but if you have hardware at home or you don't have to pay electricity it might be worth a shot (or running in the background of your computer, with lower efficiency).

I hope this info might help a bit. btw. here is a link to a claculator https://bitcoingarden.org/forum/index.php?topic=4544.msg230586#msg230586

Activity: 190
Merit: 10
hello

I'm currently solo mining with 140 kh/s how do I know if I found a block and on wich wallet will I get the payout?
and on witch kh/s is the max hashing rate before I get less block reward?
and is this for each wallet or is this for each miner?
and how does the chain know my hashing speed?

you can add the parameter --coinbase-addr= to your miner calls, and regardless on which wallet you are mining it should be paid out to that public-address, or at least that is how I understood the documentation. Like this you will always know where the reward will be paid out.

(just for solo mining)

I hope this information is helpful.  Roll Eyes

thank you!
legendary
https://m-core.org/

Magi website is back online!
Great to hear - I'll update the reddit page too EDIT: Earl3000 beat me to it LOL

Well it was easy, since the homepage was down I check every day reddit, than m-core.org and than again reddit.  
Than rinse and repeat Grin

Okay sometimes I check this forum Roll Eyes

Haha, lets see if we get any price movement over the weekend - volume has been pretty low lately
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1005

Great to hear - I'll update the reddit page too EDIT: Earl3000 beat me to it LOL

Well it was easy, since the homepage was down I check every day reddit, than m-core.org and than again reddit.  

Nice welcome here!

legendary

legendary

legendary
hello

I'm currently solo mining with 140 kh/s how do I know if I found a block and on wich wallet will I get the payout?

you can add the parameter --coinbase-addr= to your miner calls, and regardless on which wallet you are mining it should be paid out to that public-address, or at least that is how I understood the documentation. Like this you will always know where the reward will be paid out.

(just for solo mining)

I hope this information is helpful.  Roll Eyes
legendary
hello

I think you'll get a block (and therefore balance) added to your wallet - I wasn't brave enough to try solo mining before though

the balance will be sent to the wallet which found the block - if you are running multiple wallets then you will be effectively running multiple solo efforts - I don't think its recommended to run the same wallet on multiple servers - so I think most people create a solo pool - as I say didn't try it so could be wrong

there are a few solo miners on the reddit page - maybe some better experience could be found there

reddit.com/r/coinmagi
Activity: 11
hello

legendary
We are about to buy some XMG as well. I suppose it is cryptopia for me because the stories associated with yobit aren't good.
Bittrex trading for magi is pretty good too - yobit wallet has been out of date for about 6 months so avoid if you want to transfer in/out

EDIT: I seem to make more trading profits on 'topia as there is less liquidity on there
Jump to: