Author

Topic: [ANN] [XMG] MAGI | CPU mining | mPoW | mPoS | [MagiPay] - page 155. (Read 2375617 times)

legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1005
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Hey guys, are www.m-core.org offline? does anyone have a link to the linux wallet? Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1005
Is there going to be a new POM campaign soon guys?

Hope Magi can do that again this year
Activity: 53
Activity: 98
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1010
Professional Native Greek Translator (2000+ done)
Is there going to be a new POM campaign soon guys?
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029
Anyone know if cryptotastic admin is in here?

The pool site's ssl cert expired a few hours ago, can't access site...

Try jjude80 https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/jjude80-1288228

was last online a few days ago
Activity: 133
Merit: 15
Anyone know if cryptotastic admin is in here?

The pool site's ssl cert expired a few hours ago, can't access site...

Activity: 5
Is there any websites out there that have integrated m-pays? Just curious!
Activity: 118
Hoping for some help for the Magi Gods.   Had a big ass storm hit my area,  lost power.   Coin-Magi wallet is saying my wallet file is corrupt.  Any know way to fix it?
Did you take a backup of your wallet.dat file, you should be able to recover from a backup file

If not, let me know and I'll have a think

thanks for the reply.  The last wallet backup I have was from before the fork.  

You should still be fine with a pre-fork backup - so long as you created no new addresses (and the system created no psudo addresses) since backing up

fist try checkwallet and repairwallet in the console (wallet tab) on your corrupt file - if you are lucky it may fix it

if not, make a backup copy of your corrupted wallet,dat file (and folder just to be extra safe), and  - restore your backup - you may need to resync the chain - but not sure

if the balance is not correct try checkwallet and repairwallet again

Thanks Starmman!  Got it back up and working with correct balance!  You are a life saver.   
legendary
Hoping for some help for the Magi Gods.   Had a big ass storm hit my area,  lost power.   Coin-Magi wallet is saying my wallet file is corrupt.  Any know way to fix it?
Did you take a backup of your wallet.dat file, you should be able to recover from a backup file

thanks for the reply.  The last wallet backup I have was from before the fork.  

You should still be fine with a pre-fork backup - so long as you created no new addresses (and the system created no psudo addresses) since backing up

fist try checkwallet and repairwallet in the console (wallet tab) on your corrupt file - if you are lucky it may fix it

if not, make a backup copy of your corrupted wallet,dat file (and folder just to be extra safe), and  - restore your backup - you may need to resync the chain - but not sure

if the balance is not correct try checkwallet and repairwallet again
{
    "version" : "v1.4.5.3",
    "protocolversion" : 71064,
    "walletversion" : 60000,
    "newmint" : 0.00000000,
    "stake" : 0.00000000,
    "blocks" : 1681950,
    "timeoffset" : -1,
    "moneysupply" : 7761064.33033605,
    "connections" : 5,
    "difficulty" : {
        "proof-of-work" : 7.89173847,
        "proof-of-stake" : 0.00861894
    },
    "testnet" : false,
    "keypoololdest" : 1520435896,
    "keypoolsize" : 102,
    "mininput" : 0.00000000,
    "paytxfee" : 0.00010000,
    "errors" : ""
}
Here is the relevant part of the output from magid getinfo... does stake 0 newmint 0 mean its not staking?
Hoping for some help for the Magi Gods.   Had a big ass storm hit my area,  lost power.   Coin-Magi wallet is saying my wallet file is corrupt.  Any know way to fix it?

thanks for the reply.  The last wallet backup I have was from before the fork. 
legendary
Hoping for some help for the Magi Gods.   Had a big ass storm hit my area,  lost power.   Coin-Magi wallet is saying my wallet file is corrupt.  Any know way to fix it?

legendary

And what is the golden number?

Im looking for the most active chat room Cheesy Where is it sir?

No one invited me yet.

I've sent you a slack invite - not sure how popular it is though
Activity: 102
How many coins is the optimum for proof of stake?
And how to set up this on a linux computer?
All I have ever set up for magi wallets is just a gui wallet which doesn't take much setup...

Would 50 coins be enough to do proof of stake mining?
Yes, I'm staking with ~16,2. Rewards though are low, now ~0.003 every forth day.
How many coins is the optimum for proof of stake?
And how to set up this on a linux computer?
All I have ever set up for magi wallets is just a gui wallet which doesn't take much setup...

Would 50 coins be enough to do proof of stake mining?
Activity: 276
Merit: 100
Total noob here, so sorry if this is a stupid question right out of the gate.

Trying to set up my wallet, but Avast flags m-wallet.exe as a virus.

Is this just my antivirus being hyperactive, or is it a real virus?

Downloaded in file m-wallet-1.4.5.3-win.zip from website http://www.m-core.org/.

Thanks
So long as you download from m-core.org all is fine - the virus warning is because Magi Wallet uses IRC as a communication protocol and so do a lot of viruses

Welcome to the magi community

Thank you very much.

More noob questions, specifically with regards to Raspbian.

I'm mining successfully, but need to know how to do the following things with SSH;

-How to I gracefully exit an SSH session without shutting down any processes?

-When starting a new SSH session, how do I get to the miner process to see what's happening (i.e. the boos and yays)?

-How do I set up the miner to restart automatically when my Raspberry Pi restarts?

Thanks so much.

Start any miner in screen, and just let screen terminal run (CTRL + a + d to detach)...
and screen -r to reattach, works fine
Activity: 23
Total noob here, so sorry if this is a stupid question right out of the gate.

Trying to set up my wallet, but Avast flags m-wallet.exe as a virus.

Is this just my antivirus being hyperactive, or is it a real virus?

Downloaded in file m-wallet-1.4.5.3-win.zip from website http://www.m-core.org/.

Thanks
So long as you download from m-core.org all is fine - the virus warning is because Magi Wallet uses IRC as a communication protocol and so do a lot of viruses

Welcome to the magi community

Thank you very much.

More noob questions, specifically with regards to Raspbian.

I'm mining successfully, but need to know how to do the following things with SSH;

-How to I gracefully exit an SSH session without shutting down any processes?

-When starting a new SSH session, how do I get to the miner process to see what's happening (i.e. the boos and yays)?

-How do I set up the miner to restart automatically when my Raspberry Pi restarts?

Thanks so much.

Jump to: