Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [XMG] MAGI | CPU mining | mPoW | mPoS | [MagiPay] - page 35. (Read 2375360 times)

Activity: 118
Merit: 0
CPU mining of BLE and staking XMG together on one machine.

https://www.mupload.nl/img/8u79dkenvkxh.jpg

And still doing all normal computer work.

That's the way it should work instead of mining farms.

Can you tell me where I might more info on CPU mining for this? 
xms
Activity: 223
Merit: 100

hello,

same here, i discovered ble too

gr xms
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029

definitely - I did't touch BLE before, I'll take a look =)
legendary
Activity: 1019
Merit: 1003
Senior Developer and founder of ViMeAv ICT

legendary
I am connected.... So now that we see the hash war in the ASIC/SHA256 world hopefully all of us appreciate the CPU coin that is magi. ASIC mining has merit however I like CPU mining as all can participate.
Shame Bittrex didn't hold off for a couple of months - these events could have been great for Magi
Activity: 486

and what this information can give the project? growth will not be all the same if you read carefully and probably it will not give volumes. and without volume them the listing is just superfluous.

Just letting you know that the current pairing for XMG (XMG/BTC & XMG/DOGE) will increase to the 500+ that are also available on the DEX, its up to the seller to specify what crypto they wish to receive, or what payment, you can sell 1000 XMG for 1 XMG or 1 BTC if you really wanted to.
Activity: 38
Merit: 1
I am connected.... So now that we see the hash war in the ASIC/SHA256 world hopefully all of us appreciate the CPU coin that is magi. ASIC mining has merit however I like CPU mining as all can participate.
Activity: 21
Is anyone else experiencing no network connections? I'm staking my wallet after moving it to a different computer and watched the connections fall off to where I have 0 now. Huh
Activity: 343
Merit: 102
kinda sad to see Magicoin on its last breathe. I hope Joe comes back. XMG has a special place is my portfolio although i have not been staking i have been mining without opening my wallet for a long time. We still have cryptopoa and I hope Joe would not give up just yet.
Activity: 20
Without dev it would be really hard for Magi to come back to where it once was. It would be hard to convince somebody to invest, way too risky from my point of view.

And what to do then? It is this problem of such projects that if one of the developers who moved the project go away. And if he does not have normal assistants, then the project becomes problematic and normal investors will not invest.

It is not "one of the developers" ... Joe is the one and only developer, or consider him the one man team.
Activity: 546
Merit: 253
Without dev it would be really hard for Magi to come back to where it once was. It would be hard to convince somebody to invest, way too risky from my point of view.

And what to do then? It is this problem of such projects that if one of the developers who moved the project go away. And if he does not have normal assistants, then the project becomes problematic and normal investors will not invest.
Activity: 616
Looks like nothing can be done to save Magi Sad I'll keep following this ANN waiting for something good to happen. Anyway, thank you for everything.
legendary
Minerclaim down, blockreward up.
legendary
Joe, i''d just like to say a "Big Thanks" to you. I'm not surprised you've disappeared, seems you were "damned" what ever actions you took.
I wish you "Good Luck" in your future ventures.
I'd like to reiterate that!
Activity: 1248
Merit: 297
Hi,
I keep returning to this coin every few months, and it's such a shame to see it dying.
But die, it must i now believe.
To the newbies, it doesn't need forking, or taking over, if you want a coin, go develop your own.

I think the main issue is that despite months of trying to "enforce" a 250kh/s hash rate on miners, there is 1 pool which simply refuses to go with the flow.
I can see 3 miners who are contributing 15MH/s between them, so nearly 1/5th of the entire nethash.
Until this is tackled, they are spoiling it for everyone else.

Also, financially, it makes no sense to mine anymore.
I am using 100w to get 250kh/s.
To get 0.001 btc a day (£5) i need about 9500 kh/s, or 38 times more power than i am currently suing.
38 x 100w = 3800w * £0.16per kwh = £14.50 a day in power.....so i would cost me 3 times more to mine it rather than to buy it....

So it can only die, a long, slow death.

I think its only chance is for someone to make it wallet mineable only. Then , it might, just have a chance...
Failing that, time to move over to the next gen cpu coins like uraniumx, etc

Joe, i''d just like to say a "Big Thanks" to you. I'm not surprised you've disappeared, seems you were "damned" what ever actions you took.
I wish you "Good Luck" in your future ventures.

RIP - Magi
J
Activity: 560

and what this information can give the project? growth will not be all the same if you read carefully and probably it will not give volumes. and without volume them the listing is just superfluous.
Activity: 616
Activity: 486
Activity: 38
Merit: 1
Nice to still see positive posts here! Looks like there is still plenty of interest in Magi =)

Lets hope it translates to some good volume during the next bitcoin surge

I agree, but don't you agree Joe should come out and say something?

Lol why? Should satoshi perhaps say something about bitcoin? I don't know joe but things could be worse, this could be another another Litecoin fork like countless other shit coins. We have something different here. A hash algo that creates a true one cpu one vote in regards to mining. After looking through this, it is my favorite coin from a mining point of view! If joe gets hit by a bus we are still in a good place. The coin is old which is also good. Anecdotally  If we look back at how long a coin has been around it will be a good predictor of how much longer it will last. Bitcoin is 10 So it will make it at min another 10. Magi is 5 so statistically it will be around another minimum of 5. ( I get this line of reasoning from Musical Theater Plays as how ever long a musical play is popular to date tends to be half way through it life cycle) Lol :-)

You may bet on your investment on Joe, that's cool, Me? I invest time, money and computing resource to Nodes.... aka Network Effect .... which becomes adoption.

Right now my wallet has 11 connections, there are 96 Full nodes online with half probably mining pools, Block explorers and exchanges. Lets' say 50 nodes are real human users of XMG we should set a goal of each of us getting 1 friend or family memeber a XMG wallet and give them 150 coins to stake with. Actually I just decided to make it my secret santa gift Lol a USB stick with pre installed wallet and 150 coins to stake... the only gift you'll get that will keep on giving. (Along with free installation)

Secret Santa has to be "home made" this year anyways. Anyways we need nodes... don't worry about satoshi joe :-) Worst case Ontario we will fork the code next year if he doesn't come back. 
legendary
Well, one positive point.
Big miner farms go away, so the mining reward tenfolds.
Price is back like old times, mining reward as old times.
Let's make Magi great again!
How about that, Joe?
Pages:
Jump to: