Author

Topic: [ANN] [XMG] MAGI | CPU mining | mPoW | mPoS | [MagiPay] - page 508. (Read 2375642 times)

legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1005
Perhaps a noob question, but will solo mining @ abt 90Kh/s do something and how to setup.
Running on localhost for some time, but really no way to check if it's doing any good, minerd is only reporting hashrates, no shares or whatever.

Thanks
Welcome in our friendly Magi community.
Maybe this post can help you

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8825278

Hope its still current!

Activity: 276
Merit: 100
Perhaps a noob question, but will solo mining @ abt 90Kh/s do something and how to setup.
Running on localhost for some time, but really no way to check if it's doing any good, minerd is only reporting hashrates, no shares or whatever.

Thanks
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1009
Coin of the Magi!
hey  can i still use cpu mining XMG?

Yes, please do it. We continue to place this as a high-priority concern to be optimized.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
hey  can i still use cpu mining XMG?
legendary
Coin of the Magi!
By the way, this last month rise is very exceptional, what could be the reason, besides the trade bot?

Well, no one would tell the real driving force behind the market, and I am not convinced either by the role of the passive trading bots in this case that without active markets moving nothing would happen. Especially when it rises up by 3k satoshi by more than 20btc volume in the past days. What's point of the trading bots in this case???

There are some volumes recently that already reflects what's going on in the market. I don't want to be so conclusive, and I don't want any parts be conclusive on the trading bots' party either.

But even the price of 20 cent is already a very high price, mostly because of the BTC price.

I don't think such a statement can stand. We got pricing at ~1.5K satoshi few months ago, and now somewhat stabilized around ~ 5 - 6k recently, ~ 8 - 9k in just past few days. The difference already told the difference.

The whole crypto is expanding and going to be expanding into a larger scale no one can imagine, just like one can't tell the nowdays from last year. MAGI ranks around 300, and I don't think it is the 20 cent that would nail us down right here.

By overviewing the recent markets, there is an apparent progressing. Would does MAGI's pickup make it be a reason? We can't exclude the factor that efforts of making mining be available to general users here; despite how the things were coming out efficiently, what's important is we did it at somewhere. One can't just imagine the generic mining that this cryptoland is eager for, if not being aware much right now, soon or later, for the sake of decentralization. MAGI doesn't want to claim for a solution already done, but definitely made something and is trying to make it further more. Would there need a reason? This is surely something nontrivial!!

legendary
Coin of the Magi!
Lets see what will happen in the future with Magi.
Think Magi has a great roadmap, active dev/team & community. Thats why i'am a huge fan of this unique currency.

When we have completed the current roadmap I'm sure we never see 8K again.
Until that moment I guess everything is still possible.

You can try to let your coins grow by selling 15% of your coins at higher prices and buy back at lower prices.
But always keep a certain amount of coins because you have no guarantee of the price going lower.

If you don't want to gamble with your coins just keep them staking. It gives 3-4% profit a year.

By the way, I love tulips.

I don't think pricing is all, and we aren't targeting at pricing only either. OFC all depends what goal one is into the game for. I am keen to something in the long run and certainly want to drive fluctuating away that is exactly in part the goal we love to see.
legendary
Activity: 1019
Merit: 1003
Senior Developer and founder of ViMeAv ICT
Think Magi has a great roadmap, active dev/team & community. Thats why i'am a huge fan of this unique currency.

When we have completed the current roadmap I'm sure we never see 8K again.
Until that moment I guess everything is still possible.

You can try to let your coins grow by selling 15% of your coins at higher prices and buy back at lower prices.
But always keep a certain amount of coins because you have no guarantee of the price going lower.

If you don't want to gamble with your coins just keep them staking. It gives 3-4% profit a year.

By the way, I love tulips.
legendary
Majority of us is not big holders you dont have to feel like chump , most ppl have 1k to 5k magis , magi is now stabilized at 8k sat it wont go lower , maybe its a good time to invest in few before it starts to rise again bc this wont last for long Smiley

I would not give guarantee of not going lower.
Magi will continue to go up and down for ever ..... but I guess,
after a few years the currect price of 8k will be seen as a bargain for early investors.

But even the price of 20 cent is already a very high price, mostly because of the BTC price.
(Magi has been much higher then 8K already, I sold Magi for around 30k a little time ago)

Also the BTC price will go up and down forever.

By the way, this last month rise is very exceptional, what could be the reason, besides the trade bot?

Trade bot is... or someones bot is trying to lower XMG price at least on bittrex, someone wants to get in at this/lower price and accumulate and i dont blame him.
In near future i can see btc price only going up but who knows for sure. I was not telling anyone to sell house to invest in tulips Wink, but there is clear pattern of few fair/similar coins like Magi going on the rise. And there is clear pattern of crash and burn of some hyped up s..tcoins so i think 20 cent is undervaluation for Magi. Early investors invested 2-3 years ago not now and now finally they are willing to sell at this price with nice profit, and you can see clearly they want more for xmg day by day. I was only giving advice to buy small amounts if you have extra $ to play with i am not selling my xmgs now or in near future, i have nothing to gain from it Smiley
I just wanted to give advice if someone from community wants to buy few k that is the good time to do it now...
Anyway higher price will gain Magi larger community, more exposure, ppl will buy smaller amounts and Magi will become even more decentralized, more ppl will start mining... i cant see anything bad about it  Smiley
I'am sure you & TheFrisian are right about above words.
Activity: 168

EDIT: Are there any giveaways happening soon? I know Magi is looking to market and I'm up for another graphics challenge or something

We still have the 1000 likes giveaway (only 23 likes to go)
Go here https://www.facebook.com/CoinMagi/ Like and post your walletadress at the 1000 likes post.

1000 XMG is a huge reward with the value at this moment!

Great reward, congrats to a winner Smiley
Activity: 168
Majority of us is not big holders you dont have to feel like chump , most ppl have 1k to 5k magis , magi is now stabilized at 8k sat it wont go lower , maybe its a good time to invest in few before it starts to rise again bc this wont last for long Smiley

after a few years the currect price of 8k will be seen as a bargain for early investors.

(Magi has been much higher then 8K already, I sold Magi for around 30k a little time ago)

Trade bot is... or someones bot is trying to lower XMG price at least on bittrex, someone wants to get in at this/lower price and accumulate and i dont blame him.
In near future i can see btc price only going up but who knows for sure. I was not telling anyone to sell house to invest in tulips Wink, but there is clear pattern of few fair/similar coins like Magi going on the rise. And there is clear pattern of crash and burn of some hyped up s..tcoins with higher price than M. so i think 20 cent is undervaluation for Magi. Early investors invested 2-3 years ago not now and now finally they are willing to sell at this price with nice profit, and you can see clearly they want more for xmg day by day. I was only giving advice to buy small amounts if you have extra $ to play with i am not selling my xmgs now or in near future, i have nothing to gain from it Smiley
I just wanted to give advice if someone from community wants to buy few k that is the good time to do it now...
Anyway higher price will gain Magi larger community, more exposure, ppl will buy smaller amounts and Magi will become even more decentralized, more ppl will start mining... i cant see anything bad about it  Smiley
legendary

"Planet Magi is for the future"

ooo better than the moon! prepare the rockets
Nice well done TritonDreyja!
Cool picture.
Activity: 284

"Planet Magi is for the future"

ooo better than the moon! prepare the rockets
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
legendary

The latest developments and developments in progress will have influence. Also Magi is starting to reaches more people.
legendary

EDIT: Are there any giveaways happening soon? I know Magi is looking to market and I'm up for another graphics challenge or something

Go here https://www.facebook.com/CoinMagi/ Like and post your walletadress at the 1000 likes post.

1000 XMG is a huge reward with the value at this moment!
Activity: 575
Merit: 502

legendary
Activity: 1019
Merit: 1003
Senior Developer and founder of ViMeAv ICT

legendary
It will come in time Hefty.
Btw the total amount of sell is almost equal as the buy amount. What will happen if the buy amount will be higher? Mean on Bittrex.

Supply vs demand. My experience tells me that when buy orders get higher than sell orders as you said, price goes up.
Thanks Mozsi for you reply.
About Yobit maybe it will become better with Magi there.
I'am always carefull with the exchanges, lets say i learned from Cryptsy!

Yobit is a bit of a double-edged sword, they are bad for support and very bad for upgrading wallets after a hard fork and general wallet maintenance, and sometimes do some pretty dodgy stuff - however a lot of supply on there can really drive up volume and price. I tend to class it as a riskier asset - but still invest in there albeit less than the other exchanges. It has been around for a few years and they didn't run off with everybodies money yet.
Thats right Starmman. I also use Yobit and had no bad experience there yet. So i'am happy with it
I must say i'am very proud of our dev, team & community.
After the launch of Magi all worked very hard to achieve good results for Magi. Looking at the roadmap its only the beginning of a new great period for Magi (XMG)
Keep up the good work all and lets see what will happen in the bright looking future for Magi.
Besides the roadmap there are lots of goals to achieve.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029
It will come in time Hefty.
Btw the total amount of sell is almost equal as the buy amount. What will happen if the buy amount will be higher? Mean on Bittrex.

Supply vs demand. My experience tells me that when buy orders get higher than sell orders as you said, price goes up.
Thanks Mozsi for you reply.
About Yobit maybe it will become better with Magi there.
I'am always carefull with the exchanges, lets say i learned from Cryptsy!

Yobit is a bit of a double-edged sword, they are bad for support and very bad for upgrading wallets after a hard fork and general wallet maintenance, and sometimes do some pretty dodgy stuff - however a lot of supply on there can really drive up volume and price. I tend to class it as a riskier asset - but still invest in there albeit less than the other exchanges. It has been around for a few years and they didn't run off with everybodies money yet.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029
A week ago I started mining this coin after a 12 month break, and I'm so glad I did. I accidentally lost the coins on my original wallet while trying to upgrade though :/

My jaw dropped when I saw the price of Magi at literally 10x more than it was before I stopped and now 1 Magi is worth more than a Canadian quarter haha Smiley

Keep up the awesome work and I'll continue to mine and trade. Just wish I had more Magi in my wallet lol, I feel like a chump compared to most of you.

Welcome back to the Magi community Triton, I hope you manage to find your old wallet.dat file

If it makes you feel better, I lost a bit of my stash too - I was caught out by the recent rise following the poloniex delisting I moved my funds to cryptopia but set my orders much lower as I thought the value would drop, so a lot of my magi were converted to BTC

Best thing is to be actively accumulating again
Jump to: