Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [XMG] MAGI | CPU mining | mPoW | mPoS | [MagiPay] - page 54. (Read 2375603 times)

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029
I mentioned about the solar staker a few months ago and promised I'd send an update when I hear more

looks like they will be in production in a few more months, when I get hold of one, I'll see if I can get a magi qt running on there too =)

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.41385192

From what I saw, it will be based on the Pi Zero W and that device only has half gig of RAM.

I was running the CLI wallet on one for a short time and with most unnecessary services disabled in Raspbian it was choking and struggling to keep in sync with the blockchain (CLI wallet uses, on average, 650-750 MB RAM). I guess if the GUI wallet is a bit more optimized, it might work but I'd stay away from this one device personally.

I was always under the impression that running a wallet under a daemon was much lighter than the qt version (following my conversations with the EGC dev team), maybe its not the case for all coins - I'll have to do some experimentation when I get my hands on the staker to see if its possible to run mulitple PoS wallets under the PiZero - at least it'll be a fun task
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
I mentioned about the solar staker a few months ago and promised I'd send an update when I hear more

looks like they will be in production in a few more months, when I get hold of one, I'll see if I can get a magi qt running on there too =)

From what I saw, it will be based on the Pi Zero W and that device only has half gig of RAM.

I was running the CLI wallet on one for a short time and with most unnecessary services disabled in Raspbian it was choking and struggling to keep in sync with the blockchain (CLI wallet uses, on average, 650-750 MB RAM). I guess if the GUI wallet is a bit more optimized, it might work but I'd stay away from this one device personally.
legendary
Guys, we need help! In my wallet does not work PoS mining. Is this how it should be?  My Wallet v1.4.6.2 . The number of coins 220. but PoS not working, writes not staking.

Hi there!

Did you follow the steps in this guide already?

http://telegra.ph/MAGI-PROOF-OF-STAKE-MINTING-MANUAL-01-09
Activity: 247
Merit: 12
Guys, we need help! In my wallet does not work PoS mining. Is this how it should be?  My Wallet v1.4.6.2 . The number of coins 220. but PoS not working, writes not staking.
Activity: 82
computer went off by mistake during XMG wallet update.

now when launching I get "error loading block database" and the wallet will close.

can anyone recommend a fix?

thanks.

I would reload the Block chain.
1) Backup your Wallet
2) delete Blockchain folder (depending on OS it's somewhere else)
3) download Blockchainsnapshot
4) sync wallet.

There should be at least one post(in the last month = last 3-4 pages) should describing this in detail.
I hope it helps
Activity: 500
Merit: 105
computer went off by mistake during XMG wallet update.

now when launching I get "error loading block database" and the wallet will close.

can anyone recommend a fix?

thanks.
legendary
Faulting application name: m-wallet.exe, version: 1.4.5.2, time stamp: 0x5afc732d
Faulting module name: m-wallet.exe, version: 1.4.5.2, time stamp: 0x5afc732d
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000ed713c
Faulting process id: 0x1500
Faulting application start time: 0x01d412deb2ff46ef
Faulting application path: C:\m-wallet-1.4.6.2-win\bin\64\m-wallet.exe
Faulting module path: C:\m-wallet-1.4.6.2-win\bin\64\m-wallet.exe

Huh  Crashing in several hours...

Thats a new one on me. Did anybody else see anything like this?
Activity: 102
Faulting application name: m-wallet.exe, version: 1.4.5.2, time stamp: 0x5afc732d
Faulting module name: m-wallet.exe, version: 1.4.5.2, time stamp: 0x5afc732d
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000ed713c
Faulting process id: 0x1500
Faulting application start time: 0x01d412deb2ff46ef
Faulting application path: C:\m-wallet-1.4.6.2-win\bin\64\m-wallet.exe
Faulting module path: C:\m-wallet-1.4.6.2-win\bin\64\m-wallet.exe

Huh  Crashing in several hours...
legendary

I think it is better to stake with HDD, not with microSD card?

For me, the interesting thing is staking 'off the grid', I'll certainly get hold of one when they are availble =)
Activity: 102

I think it is better to stake with HDD, not with microSD card?
legendary

legendary
Hi all, thanks for the message.
Good to see our friendly Magi community will stay active here. For your info; i will never leave Magi but have some health issues for sometime now. Good thing i can share is thats i'am doing better every day.
I hoped i was back & 100% active again but guess it needed more time. Still i hope it will be soon.
Hang on all! The awesome Magi community is strong enough & on its way to Magi's 4th birthday.

Keep up the good work Joe!

Glad to hear you are recovering, and good that you are treating health with priority =)

Agreed, the magi community will help the coin progress

Take care, look forward to hearing more from you when your health recovers!
Activity: 113
Merit: 105
bunny
Is CoinMagi the only coin using the m7m hash? I've looked in a few places and don't seem to find other coins using this algo.

If I remember correctly NOBL (noblecoin) changed their mining algo to m7m at some point, but now it's full PoS. (using Magi's PoSii today)
Activity: 21
Is CoinMagi the only coin using the m7m hash? I've looked in a few places and don't seem to find other coins using this algo.
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1005
Hi all, thanks for the message.
Good to see our friendly Magi community will stay active here. For your info; i will never leave Magi but have some health issues for sometime now. Good thing i can share is thats i'am doing better every day.
I hoped i was back & 100% active again but guess it needed more time. Still i hope it will be soon.
Hang on all! The awesome Magi community is strong enough & on its way to Magi's 4th birthday.

Keep up the good work Joe!
legendary
seems that there are a few green candlesticks starting appear again in the alt world, magi is usually a few days behind, so lets see if they last - hopefully we are at or near the bottom (although only time will tell)
legendary
i wish i can be optimistic like you guys  Cheesy
I always look forward to the downturns as much as the upturns, as its a good way to pick up cheap coin - there is always the chance that it doesn't pick up again, but I'd much rather buy 5000XMG at the price of 2000 with the hope its going to rise than 1000XMG at the price of 10,000 (same cost) knowing that the price is around ATH and will at some point potentially drop again.
Activity: 133
Merit: 15

It's easy. Just listen to the markets, Cheesy
Most saying BTC is well over values and we're in the end stages of a "Market wide correction".

BTC's huge value in December was not sustainable and now the market is lowering the price to a level that they can work with and have stable for commerce! (A coin gaining/loosing 5-10% of it's value a day is terrible for buying and selling goods to the general public!)

That, in turn, is dragging other coins down with it. Once BTC is stable again the coins will also start to grow (slowly!) in value again.
Activity: 20
legendary
That's indeed a lucky position. If you put hard earned money at risk that you are actually dependent on, it's much more difficult to survive the hardships that inevitably come with crypto.
I only put money that I can afford to lose into crypto due to the speculative nature of everything
Pages:
Jump to: