Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] $XQN Quotient Financial Network | PoW Scrypt, PoS Blake-256 | UPDATE NOW - page 38. (Read 194427 times)

Activity: 80
Merit: 10
The wallet is disabled on bittrex.
Is the network having troubles?
legendary
Activity: 1154
Merit: 1001
Yes kyma, there was a recent update that changed the maximum stake reward from 618 to 16.18 XQN. I suppose that's the change you're wondering about. You need to be running the latest wallet in order to continue staking, and preferably, split your coins into smaller inputs. Best to read the last couple of pages on the thread for a bit more information...

Happy Staking!
Activity: 479
Merit: 250
legendary
The graph seems to show the precise trigger of the latest release, before = high stakes up to 618 XQN, after = capped stakes up to 16.18. The graph source might have been updated late though (as in, showing forked data for some of the time range). Nope. Looks good.
Activity: 530
Merit: 500
Happens when a large holder stops staking.

ahhhh ok, that makes sense!
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
Happens when a large holder stops staking.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Can anyone explain what is going on here?  I am updated to the newest version.

i´m not sure, maybe the pulse-beat of the quotient heart? Smiley
Activity: 530
Can anyone explain what is going on here?  I am updated to the newest version.

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
Quotient latest client auto runs every time I boot the computer on win7, even when auto run at system login is unchecked. Is there a solution for this?

Options.. Then un tick run on startup?
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
Quotient latest client auto runs every time I boot the computer on win7, even when auto run at system login is unchecked. Is there a solution for this?

Activity: 882
MiG Messenger - earn while chatting
So, since the max cap is now 16.18 from the previous 618, wouldn't that require for each bunch of coins to be around 366 instead of 14,000 to hit the cap with max efficiency per stake per address?

It really does matter.  I pointed out in a previous post that pretty much any size block is going to hit the reward cap by the time it ends up staking, so it is effectively a flat reward.

Honestly, if I knew that this change was being proposed, I would have said I am against it.  The original max reward of 618 coins would have been saturated eventually anyway and we would end up in this same spot.  It seems there were enough impatient holders out there is influence the change though.

I don't know, but in my experience, moves such as this tend to alienate and discourage new holders from jumping into the community.  I'm old school though.  I say price is never a good reason to fork a coin and alter the parameters laid down in the genesis block.  But things work differently these days so just go with the flow.
Activity: 518
So, since the max cap is now 16.18 from the previous 618, wouldn't that require for each bunch of coins to be around 366 instead of 14,000 to hit the cap with max efficiency per stake per address?
Activity: 882
MiG Messenger - earn while chatting
Could you guys provide me with a couple of example transactions where this is occurring, a couple links to the block explorer?  I guess I'm getting caught up semantically with the terminology, but when I think of blocks I'm thinking of....well, blocks in the blockchain.  When you are talking about splitting and auto-recombining of blocks, I think you mean that your UTXO's (unspent tx outputs) are getting combined in the stake transaction, but from quickly clicking through a few blocks in the block explorer I haven't been able to track down a live example of this happening.

I'd like to see it in the block explorer...

Trying to think of a way to explain what we mean.  I guess even thought you are developing 2 coins, you haven't really lived in this world very long.  Have you ever heard that thing people say about learning spanish in a classroom environment?  I've always heard that if you learn spanish in the classroom, then go to Mexico and try to communicate with native spanish speakers, neither of you will understand each other even though you are both technically speaking the same language.  You are like the guy that learned spanish in the classroom and we are like the natives.  This isn't the point of my post, just thought it was an interesting and apt analogy.

When we say blocks of coins we mean all of our chunks of coins that are eligible for staking.  All of our stake eligible inputs you could also say.

This would be what happens in a standard PoS transaction.  Coins stake, the single (chunk, block, input) of coins splits and becomes 2.

In this one, for some reason it was decided that these inputs would be too small if the block of coins were allowed to split into 2, so the coins stake and the earned stake is added but we only end up with 1 block of coins rather than the standard 2.

Now this is the one that really bugs the piss out of me.  Here, for some reason it is decided a whole group of inputs are too damn small, so the client sweeps them all into one during the stake transaction.  I have never seen this happening before.

Yes, exactly this happened to me too, I made small groups, like 178 XQN x 3, 200 XQN x 10 and so on....and it took my whole group of coins, like 8 groups, 1600 XQN and calculate like one, 16.18....personally, I don't like that, and before was much more better, and as I can notice many people left XQN because of that, I hope that solution will come very fast, or turn back to old, will be the best !!

Maybe to make like 10 addresses and send to every address 200 coins, anybody try that ?

Yes, if you put all your chunks of coins in different addresses you should be fine.  It isn't an optimal solution for larger holders who may want to make their blocks of coins even smaller than that, as you'd end of with an ungodly large number of addresses and it would take forever to do.  But no sense in whining about it, I trust Cedric is looking into the issue and is investigating a solution.
Activity: 266
Does anyone received XAI from Abacus? Or how long does it take normally till a ticket is processed?

I'm going to run through the queue and start sending out coins later tonight Smiley

How do you get on the queue, is it automatic, or do you need to register somewhere?

Read this:

Abacus allocations and instructions posted:

http://www.blockchainsingularity.com/abacus.htm

recieved my coins.cheers dev Cheesy
Same here!  Smiley Thanks a lot!  Cheesy
Activity: 296
@pisko:

You need to update your wallet to the latest version (check the OP). Stakes generated by earlier wallet versions will only be staking "orphans", meaning, too large stakes, that will be refused by the network. In addition, I would recommend splitting your inputs to 500~1000 XQN tops. Even then, they will hit the new cap, 16.18 XQN reward.
With the current difficulty, and for the amount of coins you are holding, 3 days without staking is perfectly normal. It is much tougher to get a stake now, not just for you, but for everyone holding XQN.

Happy Staking!

thanks for answer
so it mean: sell that coins... i lost a enough yet with them and 16 coins for 1k XQN for staking few days is no more cool... Sad
legendary
@pisko:

You need to update your wallet to the latest version (check the OP). Stakes generated by earlier wallet versions will only be staking "orphans", meaning, too large stakes, that will be refused by the network. In addition, I would recommend splitting your inputs to 500~1000 XQN tops. Even then, they will hit the new cap, 16.18 XQN reward.
With the current difficulty, and for the amount of coins you are holding, 3 days without staking is perfectly normal. It is much tougher to get a stake now, not just for you, but for everyone holding XQN.

Happy Staking!
Activity: 296
hello
i want to ask if i can wait some reward with my 16k coins (3x5k,1x1k) which staking third day and nothing...
i had them on my windows wallet but after about 3k nonaccepted rewards and a lot of host disconnecteds and second errors i moved coins to my linux wallet and there they staking staking and just staking...
i have to wait or what... i seen there somethink with new dificulty or what but three day?!?
Activity: 644
Could you guys provide me with a couple of example transactions where this is occurring, a couple links to the block explorer?  I guess I'm getting caught up semantically with the terminology, but when I think of blocks I'm thinking of....well, blocks in the blockchain.  When you are talking about splitting and auto-recombining of blocks, I think you mean that your UTXO's (unspent tx outputs) are getting combined in the stake transaction, but from quickly clicking through a few blocks in the block explorer I haven't been able to track down a live example of this happening.

I'd like to see it in the block explorer...

Trying to think of a way to explain what we mean.  I guess even thought you are developing 2 coins, you haven't really lived in this world very long.  Have you ever heard that thing people say about learning spanish in a classroom environment?  I've always heard that if you learn spanish in the classroom, then go to Mexico and try to communicate with native spanish speakers, neither of you will understand each other even though you are both technically speaking the same language.  You are like the guy that learned spanish in the classroom and we are like the natives.  This isn't the point of my post, just thought it was an interesting and apt analogy.

When we say blocks of coins we mean all of our chunks of coins that are eligible for staking.  All of our stake eligible inputs you could also say.

This would be what happens in a standard PoS transaction.  Coins stake, the single (chunk, block, input) of coins splits and becomes 2.

In this one, for some reason it was decided that these inputs would be too small if the block of coins were allowed to split into 2, so the coins stake and the earned stake is added but we only end up with 1 block of coins rather than the standard 2.

Now this is the one that really bugs the piss out of me.  Here, for some reason it is decided a whole group of inputs are too damn small, so the client sweeps them all into one during the stake transaction.  I have never seen this happening before.

Yes, exactly this happened to me too, I made small groups, like 178 XQN x 3, 200 XQN x 10 and so on....and it took my whole group of coins, like 8 groups, 1600 XQN and calculate like one, 16.18....personally, I don't like that, and before was much more better, and as I can notice many people left XQN because of that, I hope that solution will come very fast, or turn back to old, will be the best !!

Maybe to make like 10 addresses and send to every address 200 coins, anybody try that ?

Lmao.Can you tell who left because of this.Its been like this from start.I have been on this coin since day one and its always auto combined blocks
legendary
Honestly, while the stake rate was nice, I'm in this coin for the features listed in the OP, like asset indices and connection with algorithmic trading in the future.

Recall that something like Peercoin has a negligible rate and is doing fine. Use case is more important than becoming yet another high PoS coin. We have too many of those and they honestly aren't doing all that great market cap wise.

Novacoin still wipes the floor with them and it's stake is less than the 25%-30% per year as quoted by the current difficulty metrics. I think that needs to change Wink

+1

To those frustrated with the new stake earnings: Just remember that relative to all other XQN holders, you are staking exactly the same as before, which is a relative % of your holdings. Observe how your position in the XQN rich list will not really change, unless there is some significant trading happening (someone buying or selling a bunch).

Less coins generated by staking also means that the emission has slowed down, and a lot. This alone does not increase the value of XQN, but makes it much easier to sustain it, and provides an easier balance to demand (which is not much at this point). 

What's important now, is that we build a use case that promotes and encourages trading and transacting. Once this happens, there are less coins sitting in wallets (staking), and so the staking competition eases up a bit. Soon enough, XQN will become much more than just an ever-growing balance sheet...
Activity: 518
just started mining this l. looks good.
Pages:
Jump to: