Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] $XQN Quotient Financial Network | PoW Scrypt, PoS Blake-256 | UPDATE NOW - page 40. (Read 194427 times)

legendary
Activity: 1154
Merit: 1001
To me it looked like it has been sweeping multiple small blocks into larger ones for whatever reason but now that you said something maybe I've got it wrong and all it is doing is not splitting blocks after they stake if they take too long to do so.  Possible I'm seeing something happening that isn't there, I need to pay closer attention I guess.

I can positively confirm that tiny blocks are frequently combining when they stake (I have several of size 200~300 that did so, resulting in about 1K~1.3K block size after the stake), but similarly, if such a merged block stakes fast enough next time, it will split (just had one, merged into 1K, and at the next stake, has split into 2x 500).

Based on how slow/fast blocks are staking, they either merge, split, or remain at their original size (plus stake reward). I have all 3 examples in stakes from my last 24 hours, and the wallet seems to be doing a pretty good job. Some more advanced controls over the various thresholds would be really nice though.  Wink

Happy Staking!
Activity: 882
Merit: 500
MiG Messenger - earn while chatting
@incognitoworker:
Mine are also combining. IIRC, this is happening in order to reach a valid stake weight. In other words, the individual/tiny blocks are not carrying enough weight to stake separately. At the current stake cap, I would not be too bothered, it really looks like ~1K is about the block size necessary for frequent staking, at least for now. Yes, you will hit the cap all the time, but so does everyone else (emission is under control).

Happy Staking!

I'm confused as to what conditions are necessary to trigger the auto-recombining of blocks and how it comes up with what it deems is the appropriate number of coins to auto-recombine.

As there is no cap on how long a given block of coins can gain stake weight, it seems as if the ideal staking strategy here would be to have all of your coins broken down into as many small blocks of coins as possible as just about any block of coins is always going to max out the reward possible anyway whether its a block of a few thousand coins that stakes after a day or a block of 5 coins that stakes after 6 months.

Imagine we have 2 addresses each starting off with the same quantity of XQN.  The first address keeps all their coins combined into 1 block at all times, while the second address has all its coins split into 10 blocks of coins at all times.  While each address may contain the same number of coins at the outset, we should expect the second address to end up staking more blocks on average.  Why is that?  Well even though the big block in address 1 stakes more frequently than the individual little blocks in address 2, all the coins in address 1 end up spending a good chunk of their time maturing after staking and waiting to become re-eligible for staking, effectively cutting address 1 out of the running to stake another block for long stretches of time.  Even though the individual blocks 1/10 the size contained in address 2 each take on average 10x as long to stake as the one big block in address 1, address 2 should end up staking more blocks in the end as when address 2 does stake a block, it still leaves most of its coins free to continue competing for more stake blocks and is hence never out of the running.  Since pretty much anything that stakes is going to end up hitting the max reward of 16.18 by the time it stakes anyway, XQN for all intents and purposes has a flat reward such as ORB and CLAMS right now.

To sum up the point I am trying to make, if all of this is logically sound, then the ideal staking strategy for XQN would be to have all of your coins broken down into as many small blocks as possible at all times.  If this is the case, it is a bit frustrating that the auto-recombining of blocks is hampering me from implementing an ideal staking strategy.  Further, encouraging stakers to keep all of their coins broken down into many small blocks increases security for the blockchain as well.  A hoard of stakers obsessively breaking down there coins into smaller and smaller blocks will drive the competition for blocks and the network difficulty sky high.

Cedric, remove the auto-recombination of coins please.  It is counter productive and discouraging active stakers from implementing what is good for themselves and the XQN network.

I honestly haven't seen blocks recombine, maybe I am just oblivious to what it's doing.

To me it looked like it has been sweeping multiple small blocks into larger ones for whatever reason but now that you said something maybe I've got it wrong and all it is doing is not splitting blocks after they stake if they take too long to do so.  Possible I'm seeing something happening that isn't there, I need to pay closer attention I guess.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000
Crackpot Idealist
Mine combined and I'm not using a stealth addy.

Abacus allocations and instructions posted:

http://www.blockchainsingularity.com/abacus.htm

Thanks! But I'm not sure if shares are calculated correctly, my balance should be higher. I only used one address, controlled by coin control so I am sure all I had was on that address. Is anyone else balance incorrect ?
Thought the same aswell.I have only one address.And my balance was higher aswell

Are you using a stealth address?

same here and it completely pissed me right the fuck off.
Activity: 644

Thanks! But I'm not sure if shares are calculated correctly, my balance should be higher. I only used one address, controlled by coin control so I am sure all I had was on that address. Is anyone else balance incorrect ?
Thought the same aswell.I have only one address.And my balance was higher aswell

no
Activity: 73
Merit: 10
Mine combined and I'm not using a stealth addy.

legendary
Activity: 1050

legendary
Activity: 1050
@incognitoworker:
Mine are also combining. IIRC, this is happening in order to reach a valid stake weight. In other words, the individual/tiny blocks are not carrying enough weight to stake separately. At the current stake cap, I would not be too bothered, it really looks like ~1K is about the block size necessary for frequent staking, at least for now. Yes, you will hit the cap all the time, but so does everyone else (emission is under control).

Happy Staking!

I'm confused as to what conditions are necessary to trigger the auto-recombining of blocks and how it comes up with what it deems is the appropriate number of coins to auto-recombine.

As there is no cap on how long a given block of coins can gain stake weight, it seems as if the ideal staking strategy here would be to have all of your coins broken down into as many small blocks of coins as possible as just about any block of coins is always going to max out the reward possible anyway whether its a block of a few thousand coins that stakes after a day or a block of 5 coins that stakes after 6 months.

Imagine we have 2 addresses each starting off with the same quantity of XQN.  The first address keeps all their coins combined into 1 block at all times, while the second address has all its coins split into 10 blocks of coins at all times.  While each address may contain the same number of coins at the outset, we should expect the second address to end up staking more blocks on average.  Why is that?  Well even though the big block in address 1 stakes more frequently than the individual little blocks in address 2, all the coins in address 1 end up spending a good chunk of their time maturing after staking and waiting to become re-eligible for staking, effectively cutting address 1 out of the running to stake another block for long stretches of time.  Even though the individual blocks 1/10 the size contained in address 2 each take on average 10x as long to stake as the one big block in address 1, address 2 should end up staking more blocks in the end as when address 2 does stake a block, it still leaves most of its coins free to continue competing for more stake blocks and is hence never out of the running.  Since pretty much anything that stakes is going to end up hitting the max reward of 16.18 by the time it stakes anyway, XQN for all intents and purposes has a flat reward such as ORB and CLAMS right now.

To sum up the point I am trying to make, if all of this is logically sound, then the ideal staking strategy for XQN would be to have all of your coins broken down into as many small blocks as possible at all times.  If this is the case, it is a bit frustrating that the auto-recombining of blocks is hampering me from implementing an ideal staking strategy.  Further, encouraging stakers to keep all of their coins broken down into many small blocks increases security for the blockchain as well.  A hoard of stakers obsessively breaking down there coins into smaller and smaller blocks will drive the competition for blocks and the network difficulty sky high.

Cedric, remove the auto-recombination of coins please.  It is counter productive and discouraging active stakers from implementing what is good for themselves and the XQN network.

I honestly haven't seen blocks recombine, maybe I am just oblivious to what it's doing.
Activity: 882
MiG Messenger - earn while chatting
@incognitoworker:

Happy Staking!

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

Great!
I signed up and requested a ticket for XAI. I give you updates about it. Smiley

legendary
Activity: 1154
Merit: 1001
@incognitoworker:

Happy Staking!
Activity: 736
How do you guys keep your blocks under 500??
All my blocks autocombine to 1100-1300 each block?
Is there a rpc comand to change wanted block size for staking?
Thnx for free xai, and happy staking!
Activity: 236
Merit: 100
In dreamland; he awaits you.

I think the snapshot was taken on 2014-12-18 (block 51860)

Are you sure of your balance on that day?

Block explorer at http://explorer.quotientcoin.com/address/Qiqe7jiLYRT26hheGhBhWcrNth8UzN5wbk is somewhat showing wrong balances (before block 51860 showing 10k at one point), hard to know. I've calculated it going backwards basing on wallet and it seems it's OK Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1316

I think the snapshot was taken on 2014-12-18 (block 51860)

Are you sure of your balance on that day?
Activity: 236
Merit: 100
In dreamland; he awaits you.

Activity: 467
Activity: 270
anyone want to buy 30k
0.5 btc and will throw in 1k bonus
I may move on price if it a reasonable offer Wink
Activity: 270
Thank you for the update.  I was wondering what happened lmao.
It's stiiiiill running.... 2/3 through now....probably because I have tons of other stuff running right now, but the script will finish tonight....  Thought it would take 1.5 hrs....going on 5.5 hrs now Tongue
Activity: 530
Thank you for the update.  I was wondering what happened lmao.
Pages:
Jump to: