Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] $XQN Quotient Financial Network | PoW Scrypt, PoS Blake-256 | UPDATE NOW - page 48. (Read 194427 times)

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001
if you didn't know XQN richlist is online..  Smiley
Source: http://forums.dfx.io/index.php?topic=19.msg41#msg41

Direct Link: http://www.blocktree.io/richlist/XQN
                  http://www.blocktree.io
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
has snapshot been taken Huh
legendary
Activity: 1154
just wanted to put it out there that with about 10000XQN even less I've still hit the cap stake limit... in hindsight, this may have been due to not having the client open 24hrs/day

Very good point. I think I mentioned this aspect in some earlier post about staking, but not this last one. A wallet that is not open/staking 24/7, will have tremendous influence over the stake chances. With large enough blocks (or high enough difficulty, not yet the case), one will easily have capped rewards.
Activity: 479
Merit: 250
A smart investor will want maximum rewards.
Those are achieved by staking fast, and not wasting stake value.
Conservatively, this is achieved by a block size of 14000 XQN. A slightly larger block is also reasonable, but will risk hitting the maximum stake reward if it happens to not be favored by the luck factor.

just wanted to put it out there that with about 10000XQN even less I've still hit the cap stake limit... in hindsight, this may have been due to not having the client open 24hrs/day
QUESTION: is there some some snapshot this weekend for sapient?

The snapshot is in a few hours. Tonight, not this weekend.

http://forums.dfx.io/index.php?topic=11.0

Happy Snapshooting!

excellent thank you
legendary

The snapshot is in a few hours. Tonight, not this weekend.

http://forums.dfx.io/index.php?topic=11.0

Happy Snapshooting!
for the record mac client sucks. really bad graphics issues. client flashes all the time and appears to be non responsive. apparently it is working just fine in the background underneath all the frozen crappy GUI.... because every once and a while I close it or it crashes and when I open it back up I can see everything I staked while the interface was nonresponsive.

i keep getting ssl handshake failed pop up..

what is that?

Why is this solution not posted to the ANN OP yet!? Every time I check in here someone is asking why they keep getting error messages. I remember it being a simple fix. Seems like if this is such a prevalent issue it should be clearly posted in the ANN for anyone troubleshooting.

Activity: 448
i keep getting ssl handshake failed pop up..

what is that?
Activity: 518
What is the ratio of XAI to XQN that XQN holders are going to get after the snapshot?
Activity: 73
Merit: 10
Sometimes the wallet takes a long time to sync Embarrassed

I did finally get the wallet to sync
I really think this is a long investment coin.

I agree, this and XAI look like awesome coins to me. I havn't been this pumped in a while. Looking forward to the coming weeks and months.
Activity: 994

I did finally get the wallet to sync
I really think this is a long investment coin.
legendary
I ask this.
If the max stake is 618 per stake reward. What is the engineered number for that ?
The 14k per wallet is what you need to receive a 618 per day from interest.
I get multiple stakes a day at 100-200 does this mean that potentially everyone of those can go to 618 ?
If that is the case the number of 14000 is irrelevant, that is just what gives you 618 per day not per stake ?
Does this make sense ?
What number gives me 618 per stake is what investors want.

What investors want, is not what investors need...

- Stake rewards are based on the time that coins have spent maturing (since confirmed, and not moving around).
- The staking rate on XQN is 1618% yearly, which give or take equals 4.4328% per day.
- There is a luck component in staking, that affects how fast you stake, but not how much you stake.
- On average, big blocks stake faster, small blocks stake slower. The reward % is the same for both.

A couple of examples should help.

Case 1: You have a block size of 10000 XQN, confirmed and matured for 24 hours.
Let's say this block stakes exactly at 24 hours of maturity.
Your stake reward will be 4.4328% of 10000, thus 443.28 XQN.

Case 2: You have a block size of 20000 XQN, confirmed and matured for 24 hours.
Let's say this block stakes exactly at 24 hours of maturity.
Your stake reward will be capped at 618 XQN. You wasted some stake value, because 4.4328% of 20000 is in fact 886.56, but this amount exceeds the maximum stake reward allowed.

A smart investor will want maximum rewards.
Those are achieved by staking fast, and not wasting stake value.
Conservatively, this is achieved by a block size of 14000 XQN. A slightly larger block is also reasonable, but will risk hitting the maximum stake reward if it happens to not be favored by the luck factor.

Note that a single wallet and a single address, is perfectly sufficient as far as storing multiple blocks in whatever sizes one desires. If you need some help splitting blocks or doing input control, I'd recommend you to join IRC, #quotient @freenode, and ask for guidance there.

Hope this makes a bit more sense.
Happy Staking!
Activity: 994
Activity: 270
i really wish they would fix richlist so we can see who is buying the coins
The block explorer with the rich list appears to have been broken since we switched from PoW to PoS.  I will get a all-new-code rich list up on dfx.io.
Activity: 95
I ask this.
If the max stake is 618 per stake reward. What is the engineered number for that ?
The 14k per wallet is what you need to receive a 618 per day from interest.
I get multiple stakes a day at 100-200 does this mean that potentially everyone of those can go to 618 ?
If that is the case the number of 14000 is irrelevant, that is just what gives you 618 per day not per stake ?
Does this make sense ?
What number gives me 618 per stake is what investors want.
Activity: 73
Maybe an orphaned block. You get those when mining sometimes.
Activity: 448
last few days i had a stake pop up then disapear , what is up with that ?
legendary
Activity: 1029
Merit: 1000
Staking like a king.. LOL
legendary
My wallet started staking but now auto-closes each time I tried to run it, any ideas what might be the problem?

Isn't there an error message or anything else, it just closes? Without some more information, there's not much to go on...
Perhaps post also which wallet version you're using, what OS, and anything else that might be relevant.

Happy Staking!
Activity: 342
My wallet started staking but now auto-closes each time I tried to run it, any ideas what might be the problem?
Pages:
Jump to: