Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] $XQN Quotient Financial Network | PoW Scrypt, PoS Blake-256 | UPDATE NOW - page 43. (Read 194427 times)

Activity: 411
Merit: 250
rig on an algorithm Blake can somehow use it?
Activity: 882
Merit: 500
MiG Messenger - earn while chatting
Pretty significant decrease in the max reward cap.  Now I'm trying to figure out optimizing my block sizes.  A block of roughly 500ish will max out the reward if it were to immediately stake after 16 hours, but there is already so much competition on the network that we know it won't.  I guess as my stakes mature I will resize them into blocks of 50-200 coins and see what works.  The other interesting factor at play here is there is no cap on time.  Your stakes will continue to gain weight forever and ever.  Even if you have 1 XQN, eventually it will stake and you will get the full reward as long as it is under 16.18 XQN.  Not sure at what point it becomes advantageous to not worry about maxing out the reward and focus solely on getting your stakes as fast as possible to compound interest faster.

Not sure from a network security standpoint what is a better approach but I could see XQN doing better at attracting new members to its community because of this.  You don't have to have a lot of XQN to still get your full reward.  I think a big part of why HYP is suffering right now and failing to grow their community is that the difficulty has grown to where you need a lot of it to stake properly.  Lots of little guys out there who maybe have 2000 HYP and would love to play but they get frustrated and dump and never come back.  Yes, there is the HYPerpool but the concept of a staking pool is still new and feels unnatural and requires a lot of trust.  If PoS is to be a viable form of securing a coin network though, I think it would be worthwhile to flesh that concept out some more until it gets to the point where the average user can figure out how to mine at a staking pool as easily as they can figure out how to point their BTC miner at BTCguild.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
Why my xai too then ?

Who knows, a trojan can steal anything.

Must of unlocked your xai wallet while you had the Trojan downloaded.
Activity: 17
Merit: 1
Why my xai too then ?

To remove the trojan just delete the trojan and the sideloaded files under c:\user\appdata\roaming\windows\live\ - maybe the visual basic compiler service has to be stopped.

I have lost all my XQN, so i am out here - bye
Activity: 270
Good catch jyap, thank you.  I deleted those posts. 

ONLY use links posted by me and always double check links in quoted posts.
I have the feeling that it is internal. I have multiple other wallets open and none of those coins were touched. Some of them worth more than my xai and xqn. I think its a dumb thief or a system error maybe ?

Look at this link in this post.

You guys got fucked.

Trojan wallet:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-xqn-quotient-financial-network-pow-scrypt-pos-blake-256-update-now-854299

The URL was re-written.

You are right - ive downloaded the 26,5MB instead of the 11MB file. Maybe tibolt's forum account was hacked?
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
I have the feeling that it is internal. I have multiple other wallets open and none of those coins were touched. Some of them worth more than my xai and xqn. I think its a dumb thief or a system error maybe ?
Im on the latest version. Updated yesterday. Hopefully there is something we can do to get the coins back. My XAI are gone too. If you have those in a wallet I would be careful too
Activity: 73
Hmm seems odd. What wallet version are you on?

Someone hacked my comp or it is a system thing. My coins and my partners coins dissappeared. 2 separate locations. Hopefully its something to do with the new wallet. Im looking at 140k coins been stolen.
Someone hacked my comp or it is a system thing. My coins and my partners coins dissappeared. 2 separate locations. Hopefully its something to do with the new wallet. Im looking at 140k coins been stolen.
How did that happen?

I was just about to post the same, someone has stolen my xqn and xai. Encrypt your wallets guys
I was just about to post the same, someone has stolen my xqn and xai. Encrypt your wallets guys
Take care of your XQN - somebody has stolen my XQN and transfered them to Qa2LdPrMJoVR945L4BGh1ntaDKcoXpehxh
legendary
time to stock the shelves boys   Grin

This upcoming fork is VERY interesting. This is the only high PoS I see worth having atm.

Ya think so? I'm not so sure. I see difficulty sky rocketing and block times going to shit (assuming folks try to not hit the max reward)

Block times should still remain the same. It's just that the random "lottery" for staking will be harder in general, hence the difficulty skyrocketing.

I mean, the alternatives in high PoS bring zero to the table really. They merely exist, and in the cases of some, don't even work very well at their mere existence.

I would like to see one of these coins overtake do-nothing Novacoin at least. Maybe this will be the one.

+1 well said my friend.
Staking works very well.

Staking is working if i put some coins into wallet?
Activity: 392
Staking is working if i put some coins into wallet?
legendary

This upcoming fork is VERY interesting. This is the only high PoS I see worth having atm.

Ya think so? I'm not so sure. I see difficulty sky rocketing and block times going to shit (assuming folks try to not hit the max reward)

I don't think the cap will screw up block times, if it does it wouldn't be a long term issue IMO.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Crackpot Idealist

Activity: 46
Merit: 0
Pages:
Jump to: