Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Yet another GPU miner release! [YAC] - page 8. (Read 53305 times)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0
At full speed scrypt pulls 760w from my wall, 610w for yac using latest version.

ezo
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Surely less power consuming and therefore the heat is lower..  cannot measure, but subjective feeling, and also the fan speed is lower under same circumstances (room temp. air flow..)
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
I noticed that my temperatures when mining yac are much lower than my temps when mining other scrypt coins which makes me believe that electricity usage is lower. Has anyone measured their power usage and found a difference?

I have, it's definitely less power usage for YAC, even at intensity 15, where as on other coins I use intensity 13.  I don't remember the exact numbers, but I can test it later today and post back.  Smiley
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
I noticed that my temperatures when mining yac are much lower than my temps when mining other scrypt coins which makes me believe that electricity usage is lower. Has anyone measured their power usage and found a difference?

I noticed the same thing, must be the lower intensity...if temps are lower, consumption must be lower too...unless ambient temps changed or fan speed.
Activity: 154
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
looks like some instructions missing from cpu/gpu/drivers

got another .7 kh with v7 cl now 24.7 on my 560ti  Cheesy
Activity: 104
i used that,and something like that

card is GT645M,i can't used it,help

i'm chinese ,had bad english,sorry

get an ATI card, end of story.. don't know why you are even wasting your time trying to mine with nvidia. you'd honestly be better off purchasing YAC instead of mining it.
I doubt you can even mine without a radeon using this...not sure though.
dui bu qi Sad
legendary
Activity: 1239
Merit: 1020
No surrender, no retreat, no regret.
This version is my attempt to optimize the Keccak code as much as possible. 128-bit vector operations are used where possible. Unfortunately the core operations of Keccak are still 64-bit because Keccak is annoying. Speedup is pretty minor. My 7790 goes from 108 khash/s to 112 khash/s. This version doesn't use the vstore* functions and should work with very old compilers (not tested though).

scrypt-chacha-v7.cl
https://mega.co.nz/#!RldG2YpD!DVbjR1A8tAFBPDBHTz7_WVN0S6o3hRQwWjOFrEBD0RU

Works fine on HD48x0 hardware, though performance increase is hardly noticeable.
Activity: 637
Merit: 500
This version is my attempt to optimize the Keccak code as much as possible. 128-bit vector operations are used where possible. Unfortunately the core operations of Keccak are still 64-bit because Keccak is annoying. Speedup is pretty minor. My 7790 goes from 108 khash/s to 112 khash/s. This version doesn't use the vstore* functions and should work with very old compilers (not tested though).

scrypt-chacha-v7.cl

Don't know why but this last version bumped the hashrate from 150 to 230 for my Sapphire 7950.
Now I mine with almost the same settings as in litecoin but with lower intensity since it tops hashrate at 17 although I can run it at 19 without HW errors.

Good work.
you should be able to get more out of your 7970.. im getting 260kh/s out of my 7950s right now

Thing is I only have 2gb of system memory, that severely limits me...should change in a week or so (getting some upgrades)

what speed are you running and where are you located? I might have some extra sticks of ddr3-1333 i could send your way

just sent you a PM..

scrypt-chacha-v7.cl

Epic man, you work so hard on this...I'll try it out and post back with results. Currently running at 223kh/s with my 7970.

you should be able to get more out of your 7970.. im getting 260kh/s out of my 7950s right now

Thing is I only have 2gb of system memory, that severely limits me...should change in a week or so (getting some upgrades)

scrypt-chacha-v7.cl

Epic man, you work so hard on this...I'll try it out and post back with results. Currently running at 223kh/s with my 7970.

Those are the settings I use to run it, nothing left out. I do have 8 gigs of system ram cause it's cheap. I leave s, q and e alone. Half the time the pool communications crap out, so it's a problem on their end...

Oh and it's Win7.

Thanks man, I guess it's my ram holding me back. Same for scrypt in general, everything BUT sha256 which nets me 750kh/s

No sweat... what do you use for sha256? I seem to do better for scrypt than sha256...

Diablo kernel, and oc the crap out of my 7970: 1250mhz core and 1.19v and 75% fan on my Gigabyte 7970 WF3 OC. (non-ghz, old revision)
-g 1 -i 14
Kinda pointless, but well...not doing it anymore but I did have the fastest 7950 and 7970 for sha256 out of the guys I know.

scrypt-chacha-v7.cl

Activity: 275

Those are the settings I use to run it, nothing left out. I do have 8 gigs of system ram cause it's cheap. I leave s, q and e alone. Half the time the pool communications crap out, so it's a problem on their end...

Oh and it's Win7.

Thanks man, I guess it's my ram holding me back. Same for scrypt in general, everything BUT sha256 which nets me 750kh/s

No sweat... what do you use for sha256? I seem to do better for scrypt than sha256...

scrypt-chacha-v7.cl

Thank you again!! Increased my 7950s from 230Kh/s to 240Kh/s  Grin also able to run -I 19 no errors

Edit:
With a little more OC on the gpu I'm now getting 260Kh/s per card! Woo thank you mikaelh!!!
Activity: 138
Thank you mikaelh, sent you a small donation, hope that others send you some coins too.
Activity: 301

scrypt-chacha-v7.cl
Pages:
Jump to: