Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Yet another GPU miner release! [YAC] - page 10. (Read 53344 times)

legendary
Activity: 1241
Merit: 1020
No surrender, no retreat, no regret.
Here's a new version which should fix HW errors for most people.

scrypt-chacha-v6.cl
https://mega.co.nz/#!NhFFxSzC!I7gIqnxyL7LLR5rP8E60bAjAQQFGueDHv1wygufQm0c

Remember to delete your *.bin files.

If you are still getting HW errors, you need to increase either thread concurrency or lookup gap.

Code:
C:\DOCUME~1\GHO~1.TH~\LOCALS~1\Temp\OCL34E.tmp.cl(135): error: bad argument
          type to opencl vload/vstore: expected pointer to scalar with
          addrSpace global/local/private/constant(vloa [2013-06-26 09:42:44] Failed to init GPU thread 0, disabling device 0
 [2013-06-26 09:42:44] Restarting the GPU from the menu will not fix this.
 [2013-06-26 09:42:44] Try restarting cgminer.
Activity: 1395
Merit: 505
CPU miners also got their hash rates cut in half.  We just need to be patient and wait for the difficulty to drop
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
How much until GPU mining becomes useless?

Doesn't seem really profitable when other coins give more than 0.017btc a day at 248kh/s (you can get 650kh/s with the same card and mine FTC)

I'm still mining it, despite my card doing 150kh/s (can't go over 12224 for TC since I only have 2gb of system memory)
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
How much until GPU mining becomes useless?
Trying it now...seems like yac either killed my card or my win 7 install got borked with your v5 kernel somehow (?)
I can't mine other coins either, getting tons of hw atm.
(this is when trying to mine ltc)

You will probably need to restart that computer.

I did...but same thing.
Tried the new kernel and it works! Problem is I'm stuck at -i 12 since I can't up TC more than 12224 in my pc. (2gb system memory)
Activity: 104
currently getting 230Kh/s from my 7950 no hardware errors with the following settings..

-I 17 -g 2 -w 256 --lookup-gap 2 --thread-concurrency 19712

time to try this out on the rig

Thanks again mikaelh!!!
Activity: 301
Merit: 250
Trying it now...seems like yac either killed my card or my win 7 install got borked with your v5 kernel somehow (?)

You will probably need to restart that computer.
Activity: 406
The cryptocoin watcher
Works here, getting the expected rate at I 15 with no errors.

scrypt-chacha-v6.cl

If you are still getting HW errors, you need to increase either thread concurrency or lookup gap.

scrypt-chacha-v6.cl

thank you  Grin

scrypt-chacha-v6.cl

Activity: 138
Merit: 100
Yeah, it's probably a good idea to hold off mining for a while. Difficulty should actually adjust faster that way. There's a bug in v5 causing the HW errors. I'll release a new kernel soon.

Sweet, thanks mikaelh. tried all settings and all gave me HW errors sooner or later.
The v5 script bug means that most GPUs are offline, for example http://yac2.ltcoin.net/ is down from 35 to 5 MH/s, so difficulty should adjust soon.
Yeah, it's probably a good idea to hold off mining for a while. Difficulty should actually adjust faster that way. There's a bug in v5 causing the HW errors. I'll release a new kernel soon.
Activity: 1395
Merit: 505
So it appears we'll have to all stop mining for awhile and let a few unprofitable bagholders hang on until the difficulty adjusts back down a level that matches the negligable reward
Activity: 756
Merit: 501
Gotta love this coin, it just wants to punch you in the face then chew on it for good measure.  Tongue
Grin

Thanks for the clue with the first version of the miner, my 5770 got no accepted shares with v5 but v1 gets me a whopping 25kH.
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
Diff and reward change slowly.  Wink

With the pool I'm using, I'm getting block times of 35 - 45 minutes after the N change. Factoring in the very slow difficulty adjustment and the pending July 7 N factor change (12 days ETA),  yields will probably be still recovering when it does a massive tank again. Gotta love this coin, it just wants to punch you in the face then chew on it for good measure.  Tongue
It doesn't appear to me that the hardware error messages are impacting the hashrate or the acceptance rate onto the pool I use.

For comparison, I utilized the original kernel hanzac distributed, and got ~87 KH/sec and 9 shares accepted in 5 minutes - it generated no hardware errors, it just had a low hash rate.  Mikaelh's v5 kernel gives me ~ 143 KH/sec and 14 accepted shares in minutes even with the posted hardware errors.  (This is with a 7850)

mine on folks...

which pool are you using?
Activity: 693
Merit: 500
It doesn't appear to me that the hardware error messages are impacting the hashrate or the acceptance rate onto the pool I use.

For comparison, I utilized the original kernel hanzac distributed, and got ~87 KH/sec and 9 shares accepted in 5 minutes - it generated no hardware errors, it just had a low hash rate.  Mikaelh's v5 kernel gives me ~ 143 KH/sec and 14 accepted shares in minutes even with the posted hardware errors.  (This is with a 7850)

mine on folks...

Activity: 820
Yes that reinforces my point.  Until the reward and diff change it is not profitable to mine with my GPU.  I'll carry on CPU mining it like I have since day 1.
Activity: 756
Merit: 501
Pages:
Jump to: