Author

Topic: [ANN] Zcoin (XZC) - Implementing ZKP privacy without trusted setup - page 184. (Read 663229 times)

Activity: 1004
Merit: 268
Firo (FIRO)
when trying to open the wallet i get this :  cannot obtain lock on data directory home/user/.zcoin. zcoin is probably already running
any idea on how to get it to stop thinking its running?

In Windows open your process manager and make sure Zcoin is not running anywhere.

Go into your .zcoin folder and delete the .lock file.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001
To weird to live To rare to die
when trying to open the wallet i get this :  cannot obtain lock on data directory home/user/.zcoin. zcoin is probably already running
any idea on how to get it to stop thinking its running?
LBX
Activity: 1025
Merit: 534
A
soon we are going to see a nice x10  Grin

really hope this.. i'm holding from too much time  Grin
need to be patient and hold your coin, dont stress when some one dump that is very important rule,  soon or later this coin is going to the moon

you are right  Smiley
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
soon we are going to see a nice x10  Grin

really hope this.. i'm holding from too much time  Grin
need to be patient and hold your coin, dont stress when some one dump that is very important rule,  soon or later this coin is going to the moon
Activity: 143
Merit: 100
soon we are going to see a nice x10  Grin

really hope this.. i'm holding from too much time  Grin
Activity: 476
I wonder if something major is coming.
Activity: 368
Merit: 250
80 BTC buy wall on Bittrex!  Smiley

Another 260 BTC of buys on Bittrex now Smiley
80 BTC buy wall on Bittrex!  Smiley
Activity: 453
Merit: 261
Look Morty magic internet money
If I extract the file it dissapears and if I try to open it nothing happens. tried it on a other pc there it seems to work fine but I dont want to use it there.. Its probably my own fault but dont understand what it is and why its only with zcoin

What OS and version  ? And where did you download from ? Did you check if it is your antivirus? It should be nothing to do with the app if you extract it and it disappears since it is packaged normally .

I'm on windows 10. It probably is my antivirus. Allthough normally I get a pop up and can decide if I allow it or not but this time is doesnt react at all if I try to open it. I'm a real noob technical speaking when where talking about OS hmm

Yes, it's correct . I used windows 10 and I got the issue like yours the reason is that you open the windows defense (anti-virus software of microsoft) so
you must close this software  then download ans install again . it's normal. Good luck, guy.

Tried to download and open with smart firewall off and auto protect off but still didnt work. I know its my antivirus but still its a bit frustrating since I only have this problem with zcoin
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001
To weird to live To rare to die
Going to buy some more zcoins....hoping that some impatient traders will sell me some cheap coins today on Bitrexx Smiley
Activity: 294
Merit: 123
The World’s First Blockchain Core
If I extract the file it dissapears and if I try to open it nothing happens. tried it on a other pc there it seems to work fine but I dont want to use it there.. Its probably my own fault but dont understand what it is and why its only with zcoin

What OS and version  ? And where did you download from ? Did you check if it is your antivirus? It should be nothing to do with the app if you extract it and it disappears since it is packaged normally .

I'm on windows 10. It probably is my antivirus. Allthough normally I get a pop up and can decide if I allow it or not but this time is doesnt react at all if I try to open it. I'm a real noob technical speaking when where talking about OS hmm

Yes, it's correct . I used windows 10 and I got the issue like yours the reason is that you open the windows defense (anti-virus software of microsoft) so
you must close this software  then download ans install again . it's normal. Good luck, guy.
Activity: 728
MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash
i will buy some coin love this project. I will join to slack i think is the best way to get close to the dev team

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Yes, it's right. We watched this zcoin for a while and I joined this project 2 weeks ago.
I feel that there are some special things coming here and I never miss this chance to get a big profit from my investment.
Activity: 1004
Merit: 268
Firo (FIRO)

just downloaded the wallet but it doenst open Undecided searched for it on google but seems like a hassle to solve. I only have it with zcoin anyone else has this problem?
Activity: 1134
Merit: 501
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
Hi guys, hopefully someone can answer me a question.

When testing a wallet backup the client starts downloading the Blockchain again from scratch, although this time it gets stuck at block 722. Ive deleted all related zcoin files and started again but it always freezes at block 722. Where is the Blockchain stored? Can I point the client to it again? Why did it stop at block 722 this time? Is there a way to change the wallet.dat file for my backup without restarting the chain download?

Thanks for any assistance.

I believe this is being worked on at the moment. Head over to the slack and ask them there

Thanks!
Jump to: