Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][0.8.6] Hirocoin - X11 - NGW - Secured Blockchain - Time Warp Limitation - page 61. (Read 271641 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
We're not in Wonderland anymore Alice
A bug in OpenSSL, used by Bitcoin-Qt/Bitcoin Core, could allow your bitcoins to be stolen. Immediately updating Bitcoin Core to 0.9.1 is required in some cases, especially if you're using 0.9.0
---------------------------------------------------

what about this ? Hirocoin wallet has same issue? I thing yes

Ok I've spoken to Hiro about this - only version 0.9.0's payment request feature is affected it seems, so there's no immediate urgency to update for us at least. We fully intend to upgrade to 0.9 core but this will happen once we are happy the issues have been resolved, and we are ready to port the code.

Thanks for your help though!
great, thanks
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Bitnation Development Team Member
I gave the design comp a go, love this coin!

Modification suggestions welcome.

I like the design. Regarding constructive criticism, I'd ask you to look at whether you feel it would be ideal for a payment gateway style icon - while we do want a nice looking, cool logo for us users it's very important to the future of the coin that we make sure it can be easily accepted by the financial world's consumers and businesses.

Have a look at some others - Paypal, HSBC, VISA, Mastercard, Santander - all of their logos are instantly recognisable as being their brand, and their brand only :-)

Thanks for your work so far guys, let's keep this going!
A bug in OpenSSL, used by Bitcoin-Qt/Bitcoin Core, could allow your bitcoins to be stolen. Immediately updating Bitcoin Core to 0.9.1 is required in some cases, especially if you're using 0.9.0

Ok I've spoken to Hiro about this - only version 0.9.0's payment request feature is affected it seems, so there's no immediate urgency to update for us at least. We fully intend to upgrade to 0.9 core but this will happen once we are happy the issues have been resolved, and we are ready to port the code.

Thanks for your help though!
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
I gave the design comp a go, love this coin!

Modification suggestions welcome.

Activity: 644
Merit: 500
A successful scam coin, ninja launched at 2am. Then instamined by the developers and a few that were up late and caught it. Look at the first page, there are comments such as "its still low difficulty there is something wrong." That slow diff adjustment was on purpose so that the instamine could go on all night while everyone else was asleep.

Well, nothing is really wrong with the scam, it went off quite well. Now selling for 1400 satoshis..

it was a Friday night early saturday morning, what is your bedtime 8:30?

Activity: 196
I guess ill get the ball rolling.... Could of went all out with gradients, shadows, textures, etc., etc., but kept it simple.
Wanted to preserve original logo and reason for hot pink color change was to attract more female users (green made
look dull anyways)
. More professional looking and friendly as well. Thoughts?
Constructive criticism btw.

I think the idea is to move towards something more professional in the sense that a little godzirra grabbing a plane isn't exactly professional. You want something that is "coin/symbol". Also, I think baby blue isn't touching that goal either. As well as white background being not very eye catching.

Thanks for the constructive criticism.. i acutally did a mini poll consisting of 12 females (ages 22-35) and all have only heard of bitcoins. showed logos of dogecoin, darkcoin, vertcoin, and my hiro design and asked them to pick their 2 favorite logos. dogecoin had 12 votes, hiro (my design) had 8, vert had 4, and no one picked darkcoin. personally i think darkcoin's logo is sick and one of the best but amongst the females that participated no one liked it. all of them picked dogecoin hence that is why dogecoin has the most female users something about that cute dog that makes it friendly to females, who knows. im pretty sure others will make a more 'manly' logo for hiro and the majority of the voters will be male which puts me at a disadvantage. all in all what is the end game for hiro?? do we want investors or end users?? i dont know.. if we want investors sure this logo sucks... do we want end users?? then this logo is good... once again who knows and hope to see others make some logos
Activity: 658

I guess ill get the ball rolling.... Could of went all out with gradients, shadows, textures, etc., etc., but kept it simple.
Wanted to preserve original logo and reason for hot pink color change was to attract more female users (green made
look dull anyways)
Constructive criticism btw.

I think the idea is to move towards something more professional in the sense that a little godzirra grabbing a plane isn't exactly professional. You want something that is "coin/symbol". Also, I think baby blue isn't touching that goal either. As well as white background being not very eye catching.

We've not upgraded to 0.9.0 yet. We're on 0.8.6. I'll notify Hiro about this immediately though.

look dull anyways)

That looks great! The only thing I'd say is to make sure it scales clearly as low as 16x16px for the smallest sized icons. The shadow may cause that to look slightly out.
300x300             64x64           16x16

look dull anyways)

*Edit
didn't realize it had to scale down to 16x16 made some minor adjustments.

*Edit
another design green theme. reply for changes

Activity: 140
We're not in Wonderland anymore Alice

Dear Hirocoiners,

Hirocoin is evolving. There has been a discussion and poll about our logo, and while the initial results where clearly in favor of keeping the logo how it was, we now see a 50-50 split to change it.
We've decided to go ahead and ask the community to create a more professional looking logo.

Here are the core points we want to put across :

• Secure
  • Advanced
  • Trustworthy
  • Digital
  • Hirocoin is a payment gateway

For colors ; we like green and/or blue.

After a week we'll select 5 logos and post a poll were we allow the community to vote on their favorite logo.

The current bounty is 31,000 HIRO.

Are you a Hirocoin supporter ? Do you want to help to increase the number and quality of entries to the contest ?
Send any ammount of HIRO to the following adres : HLRUJao3JD1CVCYtJFDdAHigqYjDeNHgQu

If you want to be on the list of donators, send me a PM first.
If, for any reason, the contest is cancelled, we will return all donations to their senders.
Click on this link to view the address in the block explorer : http://explorer.hirocoin.org/address/HLRUJao3JD1CVCYtJFDdAHigqYjDeNHgQu
For a list of donations received so far you can visit out forum : https://www.hirocoin.org/forum/index.php?topic=81.0

where do we submit our work

Hi there! You can submit your work in the official announcement thread on the main site. Feel free to submit here for critique as there's higher traffic, but to be eligible for the bounty, you should submit whatever your final design is to the thread I just linked.

Can't wait to see what you guys come up with!

Remember to follow the guidelines - we're looking for something the average Joe would be happy to be associated with!
Activity: 588
Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?
A successful scam coin, ninja launched at 2am. Then instamined by the developers and a few that were up late and caught it. Look at the first page, there are comments such as "its still low difficulty there is something wrong." That slow diff adjustment was on purpose so that the instamine could go on all night while everyone else was asleep.

Well, nothing is really wrong with the scam, it went off quite well. Now selling for 1400 satoshis..

You may not have noticed but our Earth is a round planet.
Not round like pancake but round like an egg... ehm... American football... ehm... well, you get it...

And because of that, it's always 2am somewhere on this planet...

You're welcome

Anyway, I happened to be awake when HiroCoin was launched but I didn't mine it... Looking back, that's stupid Cry

I agree with this, although most users on here are american, not all are, which means not all devs are american either and choose your times. Smiley
Dear Hirocoiners,

Hirocoin is evolving. There has been a discussion and poll about our logo, and while the initial results where clearly in favor of keeping the logo how it was, we now see a 50-50 split to change it.
We've decided to go ahead and ask the community to create a more professional looking logo.

Here are the core points we want to put across :

• Secure
  • Advanced
  • Trustworthy
  • Digital
  • Hirocoin is a payment gateway

For colors ; we like green and/or blue.

After a week we'll select 5 logos and post a poll were we allow the community to vote on their favorite logo.

The current bounty is 31,000 HIRO.

Are you a Hirocoin supporter ? Do you want to help to increase the number and quality of entries to the contest ?
Send any ammount of HIRO to the following adres : HLRUJao3JD1CVCYtJFDdAHigqYjDeNHgQu

If you want to be on the list of donators, send me a PM first.
If, for any reason, the contest is cancelled, we will return all donations to their senders.
Click on this link to view the address in the block explorer : http://explorer.hirocoin.org/address/HLRUJao3JD1CVCYtJFDdAHigqYjDeNHgQu
For a list of donations received so far you can visit out forum : https://www.hirocoin.org/forum/index.php?topic=81.0

where do we submit our work
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002
Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

You may not have noticed but our Earth is a round planet.
Not round like pancake but round like an egg... ehm... American football... ehm... well, you get it...

And because of that, it's always 2am somewhere on this planet...

You're welcome

Anyway, I happened to be awake when HiroCoin was launched but I didn't mine it... Looking back, that's stupid Cry
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005
My mule don't like people laughing

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1050
Guys, please, take it to PM !
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
don't see why the price is falling

Instamine SCAM

There is a network of scammers that post bad things about a coin and then demand BTC to erase the posts: scam_exposer and sitefive.

Shutup Scam Exposer, we all know you run the real SCAM
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6039800

Holy Cow... is this for real? Would someone really blatantly blackmail like that? This isn't a game, that's serious-jail-time illegal stuff.

sitefive is a pathetic scammer just like many of the scamcoin devs launching coins.  I am not associated with that pathetic scum.

coiner777 is just mad at me because I stopped his scamcoin in its tracks.

I would like to apologize to the hirocoin community for this nonsense in their thread.

Here is something that you should apologize to the hirocoin community for! If you are so apologetic about being called out on your scams, why not apologize for all the rude slander you have thrown around this thread already. I don't really understand how you get off apologizing for a "false accusations" against you, but not for your own false accusations.
Activity: 518
Oh good, betarigs have x11 rigs for rent Smiley i will get some to mine some more hiro at this difficulty Smiley yeeey
Pages:
Jump to: