Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][ADC] AirdropCoin | Project aborted, plane crashed - page 3. (Read 13134 times)

legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!
What was the specific need for privacy again?

One the one hand you'll be performing a very public 'spectacle' as you say on your website. On the other hand you want to keep your identity private. What if the media wants to talk to someone. You're going to need a lot of media attention so that initial investors get a return.

But it doesn't sound like your team is willing to even put a name or face on this project.

I hope you understand why everyone is so skeptical about this. It would be very easy to keep the IPO money and not deliver.

Well, for one, we already have multiple people in the thread saying they wish we would die or that they'd airdrop our dead bodies somewhere they'd never be found. While it's overwhelmingly likely it's just internet tough guy talk, why would we take the risk that an unstable person would follow through on a threat of violence before it's necessary to take that risk?

We'll be more than happy to reveal our names closer to the event.

You need to toughen up if you plan on being around here. These nutters are harmless.

There is no risk to revealing your identity other than you have a bad reputation already or plan on running after you grab the loot.

So far you guys have show no signs you know shit about air drops, airplances or even making a proper alt coin.

True, some decent graphics in the OP and smooth ad copy, that's about all.
They don't provide much to instill confidence, do they?
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Daily update from the AirdropCoin team:
The first 24 hours of the IPO have passed. We're off to a good start; so far we have raised 2.25 BTC. We'd like to thank all participants who have decided to invest so far.

The IPO will remain opened for another 7 days. Please note that early investors get a bigger reward in ADC (higher multiplier). Please see our website for more details on the IPO.

We're currently putting all our efforts into the cryptocurrency itself, which will be released in 7 days. The code is close to final and we will soon be ready to start the premine.

We've had 128 location votes so far, see below for an alternative view the voted locations (we display a heatmap on the website):

We've had some negative reactions from certain members of the community, but it was anticipated. This is a very ambitious project in a scene that is surrounded by distrust. At this point, we can do nothing more than to ensure the community that we will go through great lengths to successfully delivering what we have set out to do. It will be easier to show our good intentions further down the road. Please note that there is a plan B in the worst case of not being able to execute the airdrop.

Airdrop commences in 73 days, 13 hours and 4 minutes at the time of writing this post.

Thank you to all supporting our project.

So far so good! let's air-drop this! already
The 2.25BTC plane getting hot: http://www.spi0n.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/crazy-landscape-plane-RC.jpg

Activity: 39
Merit: 0
Daily update from the AirdropCoin team:
The first 24 hours of the IPO have passed. We're off to a good start; so far we have raised 2.25 BTC. We'd like to thank all participants who have decided to invest so far.

The IPO will remain opened for another 7 days. Please note that early investors get a bigger reward in ADC (higher multiplier). Please see our website for more details on the IPO.

We're currently putting all our efforts into the cryptocurrency itself, which will be released in 7 days. The code is close to final and we will soon be ready to start the premine.

We've had 128 location votes so far, see below for an alternative view the voted locations (we display a heatmap on the website):
http://s27.postimg.org/658gsswcz/Untitled_1.jpg

We've had some negative reactions from certain members of the community, but it was anticipated. This is a very ambitious project in a scene that is surrounded by distrust. At this point, we can do nothing more than to ensure the community that we will go through great lengths to successfully delivering what we have set out to do. It will be easier to show our good intentions further down the road. Please note that there is a plan B in the worst case of not being able to execute the airdrop.

Airdrop commences in 73 days, 13 hours and 4 minutes at the time of writing this post.

Thank you to all supporting our project.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250

One the one hand you'll be performing a very public 'spectacle' as you say on your website. On the other hand you want to keep your identity private. What if the media wants to talk to someone. You're going to need a lot of media attention so that initial investors get a return.

But it doesn't sound like your team is willing to even put a name or face on this project.

I hope you understand why everyone is so skeptical about this. It would be very easy to keep the IPO money and not deliver.

Well, for one, we already have multiple people in the thread saying they wish we would die or that they'd airdrop our dead bodies somewhere they'd never be found. While it's overwhelmingly likely it's just internet tough guy talk, why would we take the risk that an unstable person would follow through on a threat of violence before it's necessary to take that risk?

You need to toughen up if you plan on being around here. These nutters are harmless.

There is no risk to revealing your identity other than you have a bad reputation already or plan on running after you grab the loot.

So far you guys have show no signs you know shit about air drops, airplances or even making a proper alt coin.
Activity: 8
And we're back up!
IPO will be down for about five minutes.

legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1030
Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!
With 2 BTC, they may not get a plane, but it's a hell of a weekend drinking and toasting the stupid fucks here!!!
Activity: 168

Activity: 406
I've read some pretty ridiculous/stupid things on the internet in my lifetime.

But this may very well take the cake.

And the fact you have garnered over 2 btc's on this junk just speaks volumes to the collective IQ of the crypto community.
Hello there. I am looking for all coins that can be mined using CPU. Can you tell me if these can be mined using CPU? Please msg me back to let me know? Thanks.

There's no current plan to implement any mining algorithm that would dissuade GPU mining, but there of course won't be any restrictions on CPU mining.
legendary
This is so fucking lame its not even funny... it's just sad...

Beyond the obvious legal issues:
  • Dropping anything from a plane (money or not) is illegal.
  • No private flight company (plane or helicopter) will accept your business knowing what you plan to do as they can and will lose their aviation license.
  • Tell the cops its all right you littered that banana peel on the road because its "Bio-degradable" see if they give a shit.
  • You couldn't pay enough people to retrieve these papers after they are thrown to the wind. They will land in bushes, trees, on top of houses and not easy to reach places (god forbid someone hurts themself trying to retrieve your stupid tickets, you will have a pricey lawsuit on your hands).

There is also the major issue of confining this disbursement to a single location.
So everyone in the world is supposed to get behind your coin so a single city can benefit?
What the hell is that?

And, the worst part is, other than this "air-drop" theres nothing new or innovative about this coin. So after the airdrop, then what? It's just a litecoin copy? riiiight that will last.

In this situation I would say you obviously haven't put any thought into this but the unfortunate reality is that it looks like you have put a lot of thought into this and its still a retarded concept. That's sad.
How can something that someone obviously put a lot of effort into suck so unconditionally?

Project development is not for you. Go home.

But, but....  Think about the children!!!  and the DEVs!!!

I am still voting for Djibouti!!!
Hello there. I am looking for all coins that can be mined using CPU. Can you tell me if these can be mined using CPU? Please msg me back to let me know? Thanks.
Yes you will be able to mine AirdropCoin using your CPU
Activity: 168
Look at what the FAA says:

"No pilot in command of a civil aircraft may allow any object to be dropped from that aircraft in flight that creates a hazard to persons or property. However, this section does not prohibit the dropping of any object if reasonable precautions are taken to avoid injury or damage to persons or property."

Time to reveal what reasonable precautions will be taken, just in case you plan on doing this in the States.
Activity: 22
Activity: 350
Vires in Numeris
This is so fucking lame its not even funny... it's just sad...

Beyond the obvious legal issues:
  • Dropping anything from a plane (money or not) is illegal.
  • No private flight company (plane or helicopter) will accept your business knowing what you plan to do as they can and will lose their aviation license.
  • Tell the cops its all right you littered that banana peel on the road because its "Bio-degradable" see if they give a shit.
  • You couldn't pay enough people to retrieve these papers after they are thrown to the wind. They will land in bushes, trees, on top of houses and not easy to reach places (god forbid someone hurts themself trying to retrieve your stupid tickets, you will have a pricey lawsuit on your hands).

There is also the major issue of confining this disbursement to a single location.
So everyone in the world is supposed to get behind your coin so a single city can benefit?
What the hell is that?

And, the worst part is, other than this "air-drop" theres nothing new or innovative about this coin. So after the airdrop, then what? It's just a litecoin copy? riiiight that will last.

In this situation I would say you obviously haven't put any thought into this but the unfortunate reality is that it looks like you have put a lot of thought into this and its still a retarded concept. That's sad.
How can something that someone obviously put a lot of effort into suck so unconditionally?

Project development is not for you. Go home.
goodness gracious, hope OP and his "team" die a horrific death and then somebody airdrops there body into the atlantic ocean where no will find them, I would contribute to an IPO for that

This seems like an appropriate and levelheaded response.

In all seriousness, we're aware flying a 777 over a major city and dropping tens of thousands of wallets is on the extravagant side of unlikely. One the other hand, we are pretty confident we can muster up something more impressive than throwing a couple dozen wallets with paper parachutes off a hillside.

We will execute on an airdrop appropriate to the size of the IPO raised and the location chosen. Hopefully we can meet up with some fellow cryptocurrency enthusiasts at the event and spread a bit of awareness that it's not all super serious and up our own asses about how important and dismissive we are in magic internet money land.

So far we've raised 2.2249 BTC, and London or the Netherlands are in top contention for the spots. It's admittedly not quite yet to the point where we'd be able to do anything terribly impressive, but if we can find enough other people who think this would be entertaining, we should be able to pull off something approaching the spirit of the coin.
goodness gracious, hope OP and his "team" die a horrific death and then somebody airdrops there body into the atlantic ocean where no will find them, I would contribute to an IPO for that
Please read the project plan, we will not allow votes for locations above seas.

The following is taken from the 'Details' section of the website:

Votes on locations above seas, oceans or big lakes will also be disqualified.
legendary
If anything this thread is good for the sheer entertainment!!
Activity: 311
Pages:
Jump to: