Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][ADC] AirdropCoin | Project aborted, plane crashed - page 6. (Read 13134 times)

legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1030
Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!
This is almost (OK as much a stupid idea as)...  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/preann-independencecoin-a-coin-to-liberate-the-usa-airdrop-july-4th-527061 
[ANN] IndependenceCoin - A coin to liberate the USA - Airdrop July 4th
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
Quick update: Our web dev will add a live tracker that automatically tracks the number of BTC invested to the site shortly.

i cant believe this is actually a real coin  Grin  Huh Shocked Roll Eyes am honestly dumbfounded. This idea is sooooooooo far gone beyond the realm of sanity it might actually work.
Yes, the idea is crazy. However, we will proof that it's possible in the next few weeks. It will require determination, creativity and open-mindedness. It's a great opportunity for us to make a positive difference.

thanks but no thanks, good luck though.
Thank you, we need it Smiley
Activity: 81
Merit: 10
i cant believe this is actually a real coin  Grin  Huh Shocked Roll Eyes am honestly dumbfounded. This idea is sooooooooo far gone beyond the realm of sanity it might actually work. thanks but no thanks, good luck though.
Important announcement from the AirdropCoin team:
We have just enabled the IPO system. You can now join the IPO as an investor!

Go to our website, http://www.airdropcoin.com, and navigate to the 'Invest' section to join the IPO or to read further details.

The IPO period closes at 00:00 AM GMT on 31st of March 2014.

For any questions, feel free to ask in this thread or send an email to [email protected].

Good luck!

Some of the important details, taken from the website:

Less than 40 BTC raised:
20% of the premine (7 million ADC) goes to the IPO participants
80% of the premine (28 million ADC) goes to the airdrop

Between 40 and 200 BTC raised:
30% of the premine (10.5 million ADC) goes to the IPO participants
70% of the premine (24.5 million ADC) goes to the airdrop

More than 200 BTC raised:
50% of the premine (17.5 million ADC) goes to the IPO participants
50% of the premine (17.5 million ADC) goes the the airdrop

Distribution
The earlier you join the IPO, the better you will be rewarded. This is a measure we have decided to take to compensate investors who choose to take a bigger risk by joining the IPO at an early stage, rather than to wait until the last day of the IPO to see who else invests. The logic will be as following:

Investments on days 1 and 2 (23-24 March 2014): 1.5x multiplier
Investments on days 3 and 4 (25-26 March 2014): 1.3x multiplier
Investments on days 5 and 6 (27-28 March 2014): 1.1x multiplier
Investments on days 7 and 8 (29-30 March 2014): 1x multiplier

For further details, go to the IPO section of the website.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
This is amusing. Obvious troll plan is obvious
Important announcement from the AirdropCoin team:
We are ready for the next step towards executing a successful airdrop, now that we have finalized the scope of the project (see project details).

Tomorrow (Sunday March 23rd 2014) we will be opening up the project to investors through an IPO (Initial Public Offering). This will allow us to fund operational expenses like travel, accomodation, video equipment, legal assistance, pilot(s) and aircraft(s).

We have just finalized developing an automated system to ensure the IPO is smooth, error-free and secure.

You will be able to join the IPO on our website, http://www.airdropcoin.com, by going to the 'Invest' section. We will make a separate announcement in this thread tomorrow once the IPO is opened.

IPO details (taken from the AirdropCoin.com website):

How many of the premined coins go towards the IPO contributors?
The total amount of premined coins that will be sent to our IPO participants will depend on how much the IPO raises. The more is raised, the bigger the share that goes to the IPO participants.

The investors cannot receive more than half of the premine, which is to ensure that the winning location receives a big share during the airdrop. Whatever is left of the premine after the IPO will be airdropped.

Less than 40 BTC raised:
20% of the premine (7 million ADC) goes to the IPO participants
80% of the premine (28 million ADC) goes to the airdrop

Between 40 and 200 BTC raised:
30% of the premine (10.5 million ADC) goes to the IPO participants
70% of the premine (24.5 million ADC) goes to the airdrop

More than 200 BTC raised:
50% of the premine (17.5 million ADC) goes to the IPO participants
50% of the premine (17.5 million ADC) goes the the airdrop

Distribution
The earlier you join the IPO, the better you will be rewarded. This is a measure we have decided to take to compensate investors who choose to take a bigger risk by joining the IPO at an early stage, rather than to wait until the last day of the IPO to see who else invests. The logic will be as following:

Investments on days 1 and 2 (23-24 March 2014): 1.5x multiplier
Investments on days 3 and 4 (25-26 March 2014): 1.3x multiplier
Investments on days 5 and 6 (27-28 March 2014): 1.1x multiplier
Investments on days 7 and 8 (29-30 March 2014): 1x multiplier

To determine on which day investments were made, the system will be checking the blockchain based on GMT time zone.

Example: Let's say I invest 2 BTC on day 2 of the IPO. In this case, my investment will count as a 2 * 1.5 = 3 BTC investment after multiplier adjustment. When I invest 2 BTC on day 8 of the IPO, my investment will count as a 2 * 1 = 2 BTC investment after multiplier adjustment.

The IPO AirdropCoins will be distributed over the investors based on relative investment size, taking into account the multiplier.

Example: How to calculate my share in ADC?
Let's say I invested 5 BTC on day 3 of the IPO.

20 BTC were raised on each day of the IPO (the 20 BTC raised on day 3 includes my own investment).

This means that a total number of 20 * 8 = 160 BTC were raised it total

Since 160 BTC were raised in total, 10.5 million ADC will go to the IPO contributors (30% of the premine).

To calculate my share, I first have calculate the total number of BTC raised after multiplier adjustment. This is calculated as following: (20 * 1.5) + (20 * 1.5) + (20 * 1.3) + (20 * 1.3) + (20 * 1.1) + (20 * 1.1) + (20 * 1) + (20 * 1) = 30 + 30 + 26 + 26 + 22 + 22 + 20 + 20 = 196 BTC after multiplier adjustment

I invested 5 * 1.3 = 6.5 BTC after multiplier adjustment which means I should receive (6.5 / 196) * 100% = 3.316336530612245% of the total number of premined AirdropCoins that go to the IPO contributors.

3.316336530612245% of 10.5 million ADC = 348,215.3357142852 AirdropCoins

In this specific scenario, I will receive 348,215.3357142852 ADC as a compensation for my investment.

When will I receive my share in ADC?
The IPO closes just before the currency is launched, at 00:00 AM (GMT) on the 31th of March 2014. You will receive instructions on how to access your share in ADC shortly after.
Activity: 120
Merit: 100
What if all your wallets get sucked in airplane motor?

How about flying over Krim, im sure people there need money.There could be couple Russian jets, but im sure theyll understand.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
just call it dropcoin uh?

Like drop in price?

is this the trend nowaday, isn't it?
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!

Like drop in price?
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
legendary
Activity: 1014
Merit: 1001
Great idea but you should call it "Aircoin" or sth. "Air-drop-coin" sounds a bit dopey.
Perhaps you are right, it's too late to change now though! AirCoin also exists already. We'll stick with dopey 'AirdropCoin'. At least it's descriptive Wink
You could still change to "Air-D-Coin" or similar. The "drop" in the name doesn't sound really cool and I doubt that this name will spark excitement (in public).

Good luck  Cool
Great idea but you should call it "Aircoin" or sth. "Air-drop-coin" sounds a bit dopey.
Perhaps you are right, it's too late to change now though! AirCoin also exists already. We'll stick with dopey 'AirdropCoin'. At least it's descriptive Wink

lol, nice idea, just don't try it anywhere with anti-littering laws. That includes most of the world.

there is just no way that airdrops of paper wallets are getting allowed? you will be fined harder than this coin could ever worth..

Please read the action plan in the first post of the thread or in the 'Details' section of the website to understand how we are going to make this happen. We've put a lot of thought into maximizing the potential of success for the operation.

One a side note: We are finally ready for our big announcement (later today).
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
there is just no way that airdrops of paper wallets are getting allowed? you will be fined harder than this coin could ever worth..
legendary
Activity: 1014
Merit: 1001
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
lol, nice idea, just don't try it anywhere with anti-littering laws. That includes most of the world.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!
Big announcement?
Like you found sponsors and don't need to do an "IPO"?
Quick update: We have added map with an overview of all votes so far, this will be updated daily. You can see it here: LINK

We will move to a heat map once the number of votes exceeds 10,000.
This needs to happen!

I wrote about it over here.
Nice article sir!

We have been brainstorming quite a lot today due to the issues brought up by the community and we think we have found a feasible solution. Big announcement to come today or tomorrow. Stay tuned!
Activity: 323
Merit: 250
The lion roars!
This needs to happen!

I wrote about it over here.
Pages:
Jump to: