Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][ADC] AirdropCoin | Project aborted, plane crashed - page 8. (Read 13134 times)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0
dumping a bunch of paper from a plane seems illegal. at the very least it seems like it's littering. but there has to be some laws you're violating.

dumping a bunch of paper from a plane seems illegal. at the very least it seems like it's littering. but there has to be some laws you're violating.

You have a really good point
Dumping a bunch of paper is only "legal" when it's wartime propaganda.

i want to know how can you guarantee this will happen?

We are aware of litter laws and have been doing quite some research already. We have to keep an open mind and be creative here. There are ways to ensure a successful airdrop.

First let's keep a couple of things in mind that will help our case with local authorities:
  • We are not throwing used cans of coke from a plane. We are throwing money from a plane. The local community and authorities will be aware of this difference and will be more likely to be on our side because of this.
  • 'Litter' as a result from our airdrop will remain on the streets for a short time only: The local community will be 'cleaning' the streets for us, rapidly. Again, this is money we're talking about.
  • We will be printing the paper wallets onto eco-friendly paper (http://www.ecopaper.com).
  • We will organize a clean-up to clean the streets from all remaining paper wallets after airdrop.

The effects on the environment will be minimal.

Dialog with local authorities prior to the event will be the key to success. This will:
1) Prepare them for what is about to happen
2) Allow us to get them on our side and think with us
3) Make them aware of the measures we are taking to ensure safety and eco-friendliness.
4) Allow us to reach an agreement with them on execution plan.

The 4th point is very important here. Let's say the authorities are only fine with an airdrop in a certain area of the city. Or let's say they are only fine with an airdrop in the early morning, perhaps for safety reasons. Discussing these details will allow us to come to an agreement. Will will be flexible here.

If the authorities are unwilling to cooperate, we will be trying to see in what ways we can break the law relatively safely.

We are determined to execute this operation successfully, in one way or another.

Please remember that the people of the winning location will get their coins no matter what, even in the worst case scenario of not being able to execute airdrop for whatever legal or financial reason. In that case, we will hand out the coins from the ground.

If the dev drop himself from the plane i put all my btc in this coin! promise!
We can always consider adding a skydiving component to the airdrop! Wink
Activity: 14
i want to know how can you guarantee this will happen?
copper member
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025
dump it in some random small town so we can all take it over and take their shares
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!

You have a really good point
Dumping a bunch of paper is only "legal" when it's wartime propaganda.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
another kgw on release fail. bye
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
If the dev drop himself from the plane i put all my btc in this coin! promise!

Activity: 336
Activity: 14
I support you support your hometown.goodluck.
legendary
If you build a good buzz, this could work.
Edit: See post #27....Oops.
Activity: 1778
Merit: 520
awesome!  Grin airdrop my house  Grin
June 6th, the 70th Anniversary of D-Day, would be a better day perhaps?
Thank you for your suggestion. This is an excellent idea. Great for coin marketing purposes. I'll bring this up in tomorrow's daily team meeting. It will be easy to adjust the airdrop day with -1 at this stage of the project. I'll keep you posted.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
This idea is so st... special that I almost like it Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009
I vote you airdrop them all on my house.

Thanks in advance.
Activity: 223
Merit: 100
June 6th, the 70th Anniversary of D-Day, would be a better day perhaps?
legendary
Having a unique idea that rewards the founders is NOT automatically a scam.

Let them have fun.
Either support it or don't, but there is no reason to instantly call it a scam.

You guys are awesome.   Cheesy

Maybe  Cheesy

Activity: 542
I nominate the airdrop to take place directly over the White House. Let's see what happens.

Anyone second this nomination?

I was thinking the Bermuda Triangle.
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
this is actually quiet doable. Renting a small airplane is not that expensive. One can even hire a helicopter (which would probably cost less than 1000 usd for some flying around). People here are thinking of big airplanes like Boings and shit (because of the picture in the startpost) probably, but I don't think this is necessary at all.

If you think this is possible you have no idea about aviation and airspace - This is IMPOSSIBLE and will NEVER happen and even if it did (that 0.0000000000001% chance) people will most probably ignore it. These 'devs' will probably make a lot of money from this. Enjoy your millions.

I do. There are always ways to make this happen. For example: my friend is a marine and licensed for parachute jumps all around the world. He could easily drop some of that shit from a small airplane.
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
this is actually quiet doable. Renting a small airplane is not that expensive. One can even hire a helicopter (which would probably cost less than 1000 usd for some flying around). People here are thinking of big airplanes like Boings and shit (because of the picture in the startpost) probably, but I don't think this is necessary at all.
You've made a good point, the airplane in the image could be quite misleading. We'll change it to a different (smaller) aircraft tomorrow. Regarding the difficulty of being able to successfully execute an airdrop: It's definitely not impossible, it's not easy either though. We think we will be able to pull it off though. It will require great preparation and risk management.

if you need any help with things feel free to pm me. I'm also Dutch and i'm pretty good with graphics/video (freelancer for television in Hilversum here Wink, but just came back from living in Hong Kong for 2 years). Let me know.
Activity: 378
I nominate the airdrop to take place directly over the White House. Let's see what happens.

Anyone second this nomination?

You've made a good point, the airplane in the image could be quite misleading. We'll change it to a different (smaller) aircraft tomorrow. Regarding the difficulty of being able to successfully execute an airdrop: It's definitely not impossible, it's not easy either. We think we will be able to pull it off though. It will require great preparation and risk management.

Just to clarify: The people of the winning location will receive the coins no matter what. In the worst possible scenario of running into legal or financial issues, we will hand out the coins on the ground.
Pages:
Jump to: