Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][ADC] AirdropCoin | Project aborted, plane crashed - page 5. (Read 13134 times)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0
Not sure about other countries, but in the U.S., flying an airplane and using it to drop anything is a good way to get a missile up your ass.
Please see the action plan to get a better idea of the project's feasibility and how we are managing risks.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
this coin has been marked for termination by operation shitcoin cleanout

target their site so they can no longer receive ipo funds
Activity: 532
Not sure about other countries, but in the U.S., flying an airplane and using it to drop anything is a good way to get a missile up your ass.
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059
you can fly over the Bermuda triangle
We have received a good question over email, one that we have previously discussed within the team but that isn't handled on the website.

Q:
"What if you don't raise enough money to be able to execute airdrop from a plane?"

A:
In this doom scenario, we will first try to see whichever aircraft is the cheapest (not being limited to airplanes only) and then we will see if we can afford it. For example, helicopters are often much cheaper to rent than airplanes. Also, if we're just a little bit short, we'll try to chip in, but it shouldn't get too crazy. If it turns out that an actual airdrop is financially impossible due to the IPO raising too little funds, we will be forced to hand out all the remaining pre-mined coins from the ground.

We will travel to the winning location to hand out the coins no matter what, even if it would cost us money of our own. We really want to go on this adventure and give the local community of the winning location what they deserve. We have already taken time off from our regular jobs to be able to do this.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
this coin has been marked for termination by operation shitcoin cleanout
Activity: 22
I have received your mail, thank you very much. I will continue to participate.
I participate in the IPCO, but I did not receive any mail.
I just checked our system. Everything went through successfully, so all is fine. The issue is that your mail client rejected the email for whatever reason. '(rejected by system)'.

Check your PM box. I've sent the contents of the email there.
Activity: 22
I participate in the IPCO, but I did not receive any mail.
Activity: 8
Hi Guys,

I'm the dev for ADC (the coin itself and the IPO app), and I thought I'd finally pop in and say hello.

TheFlyingDutchman's concerns about privacy for the moment are shared by me as well.

If the project is successful to where we can actually execute the airdrop, then we'll be more than happy to provide more or less full information about who we are, as we'll be showing up to execute the airdrop anyway.

I've been involved with cryptocurrencies since mid 2010, and I've written both open and closed source code that helps interact with cryptocurrencies. Some of it is used in the backend for the IPO tracker for AirdropCoin.

I'm happy to answer most other questions in the meantime, and I promise we'll both be quite a bit less mysterious about our identities if it the ADC funding will allow us to actually host the airdrop. From our perspective, all cryptocurrencies need a method for distribution, whether it's mining, IPO, giveaways, etc; and we thought this seemed like a lot more engaging and fun than most of the current methods.
I will not disclose my name and address at this stage, due to negativity surrounding cryptocurrency. I cannot risk my professional reputation at this stage of the project....

You have every right to remain private, but...
You expect people to pay money when you are too "afraid" to put your name on it.
Perhaps you are better suited for other types of projects?
This is the best I can do at the moment. Hopefully the community has been provided enough information to make an educated decision on whether this is a legit operation. All I can do at this point is ensure the community that we will go through great lengths to make every stage of this project a success, including the actual airdrop. It will be much easier to make our good intentions clear further down the road.

On a sidenote: Let me ask you the following question: How many cryptocurrencies are out there of which you know the devs' true identity?

Our coin dev has also agreed to post some information about himself, he will post in a bit.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Bored
I will not disclose my name and address at this stage, due to negativity surrounding cryptocurrency. I cannot risk my professional reputation at this stage of the project....

You expect people to pay money when you are too "afraid" to put your name on it.
Don't worry, people will pay anyway. We have plenty of examples already. Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!

OK you are talking about transparency (we here that in the US a lot, LOL).  Who are you?  What makes you qualified to do this?  Who is your DEV team?  What other coins have you released?  Please post real names, web pages, ect...

I still can't get over that people will hand over BTC to someone who is typing up an idea for a coin without know who they really are.

Also are you using escrow until the project is ready to happen?
I agree that it would be good to disclose a little bit more about ourselves. Now that we have completed most development we have some more time to be active in the community and provide such details:

I'm from the Netherlands, but I currently live in the United Kingdom for professional reasons. I'm a project manager for web start-ups, with many successful projects behind my name. I have been involved in software development project management in the past. This is the first time I'm involved in starting a cryptocurrency, but I have been involved in cryptocurrencies for a long time now, mostly through trading. Some of our other team members have more experience with cryptocurrencies, for example, our coin dev 'ClevelandRocks' has great experience and skills in this field.

I will not disclose my name and address at this stage, due to negativity surrounding cryptocurrency. I cannot risk my professional reputation at this stage of the project. In addition, I'm not able to reveal my identity for contractual reasons. I will reconsider once we get closer to D-Day when AirdropCoin has proven to live up to its promise.

We did consider using an escrow, but it was not an option: We need to liquidate the BTC before airdrop, since the funds are needed to execute the airdrop.

I will ask the other team members to tell something about their backgrounds as well and to possibly reveal their identities. I can assure you that our team members are more than qualified to run this project.

We will add some of this information to the website and first post of the thread as well.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1030
Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!
rofl this is hilarious, I'm putting in my last 0.1 BTC tonight. I see great potential. Don't disappoint me dev team!

You can send me that .1 BTC, I'll use it to buy silver and when I retire I'll send you a post card.  At least you'll have a nice picture to look at!!  LOL

Only if you drop the postcard from a plane Smiley

I can flush it in the airplane toilet at 35,000 feet, would that work?  They frown on opening the doors when they are flying!!!
Activity: 530
rofl this is hilarious, I'm putting in my last 0.1 BTC tonight. I see great potential. Don't disappoint me dev team!

You can send me that .1 BTC, I'll use it to buy silver and when I retire I'll send you a post card.  At least you'll have a nice picture to look at!!  LOL

Only if you drop the postcard from a plane Smiley
legendary

You can send me that .1 BTC, I'll use it to buy silver and when I retire I'll send you a post card.  At least you'll have a nice picture to look at!!  LOL
Activity: 530
legendary
OK you are talking about transparency (we here that in the US a lot, LOL).  Who are you?  What makes you qualified to do this?  Who is your DEV team?  What other coins have you released?  Please post real names, web pages, ect...

I still can't get over that people will hand over BTC to someone who is typing up an idea for a coin without know who they really are.

Also are you using escrow until the project is ready to happen?
This is almost (OK as much a stupid idea as)...  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/preann-independencecoin-a-coin-to-liberate-the-usa-airdrop-july-4th-527061  
[ANN] IndependenceCoin - A coin to liberate the USA - Airdrop July 4th
AirdropCoin was inspired by coins like AuroraCoin and SpainCoin. IndependanceCoin falls under this category as well.

However, we are taking things a bit further by making AirdropCoin community involved and tangible for the mainstream audience and press: We allow the community to decide where in the world the airdrop should take place. In addition, we are literally performing the airdrop, by dropping the coins from a plane. In this sense, AirdropCoin is a unique currency.
Pages:
Jump to: