Author

Topic: [ANN][AMS] AmsterdamCoin™ | 100% PoS, Masternodes, Obfuscation, Seesaw - page 142. (Read 272300 times)

copper member
Activity: 1024
Merit: 513
txbit.io - cryptocurrency exchange
Check out the new poll!

Please consider that:

Bitcoin has thousands of ready the use software components like mobile wallets that will work almost out of the box if we take bitcoin as code base. Also the maintenance is mostly done by the bitcoin team. We can grow with them by just merging their changes into our codebase. This way we always have what bitcoin has. The downside for some people will be that theres no pos or masternodes in bitcoin. The question is, are those features valuable enough for the purpose of AMS as a payment method. That question is yours to answer. Please vote.
copper member
Hi! How many masternodes at the moment? Where I can find this statistic?

If you open the wallet you can see them in the masternodes section.
copper member
how do i setup a master node step by step if i have the 100k coins?

Please follow this tutorial: https://youtu.be/2BMCbYJHB88

It should be the same for AMS, except that you need 100k AMS for a masternode.
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
how do i setup a master node step by step if i have the 100k coins?
Activity: 263
Merit: 101
La Liberté guidant le peuple
Hi! How many masternodes at the moment? Where I can find this statistic?
Activity: 1540
Merit: 502
For those of you that need a current block chain with peers for ams, simply download this file and overwrite all of your files in the roaming/amsterdamcoin2 folder.

www.bitcoinlasvegas.net/files/AmsterdamCoin2-blockchain-with-peers-July-2017.rar

Vegas

Thx Vegasguy, this helped indeed .... within no time it resynced

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
how to get an invite to the slack channel?
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003
"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!
For those of you that need a current block chain with peers for ams, simply download this file and overwrite all of your files in the roaming/amsterdamcoin2 folder.

www.bitcoinlasvegas.net/files/AmsterdamCoin2-blockchain-with-peers-July-2017.rar

Vegas
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
this coin need a slack channel. a lot of people would buy but they think that the coin is dead. a lot of people would like to invest in this coin if they can see that there's is a dev actually working on this coin.
Activity: 661
Merit: 500
We only want the FACTS!
Dev, you should contact coryvmcs1 or whatever his name was, he posted here. They edited the source somehow to make it work for the pool, contact them maybe?

I decided to create a new Amsterdamcoin based on the current Bitcoin code. Lean and mean without PoS or masternodes. Keeping in mind the goal of this coin as payment option. Lots of things were already done for Bitcoin and thats where we profit. I think thats the best way to go.

Please let me know if anyone has a better idea.

In the last month several PoW only coins were victims of 51% attacks and double spend attacks.  These were coins with considerable value to make it worth renting the hashing power to perform the attacks.  So, if the new coin does not have the difficulty of BTC or LTC, you will need to deal with a threat that is not dealt with even in the newer code base of Bitcoin.

Choose your coin algo wisely, but even CPU only algos will be GPU mine-able someday and that is when the 51% attacks will come, after you have worked hard to build up the value of the coin.

Hybrids do have advantages, with or without Masternodes.
did i miss something???

cause the wallet syncs very very slow , 2 days in a row the wallet still not syncs , it stucks at 6 weeks ??
"just" swapping to waves or eth wouldn't be my choise , AMS need his own chain ,  also think bitcoincode is good for exceptation in holland and that is what we need

swapping it to NXT or Omni, hint hint..

no , the dev wants coins with his own blockchain.. and stand alone coin Smiley so no swapping to other platfroms Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1031
"just" swapping to waves or eth wouldn't be my choise , AMS need his own chain ,  also think bitcoincode is good for exceptation in holland and that is what we need

swapping it to NXT or Omni, hint hint..
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1005
Activity: 161
Dev, you should contact coryvmcs1 or whatever his name was, he posted here. They edited the source somehow to make it work for the pool, contact them maybe?

I decided to create a new Amsterdamcoin based on the current Bitcoin code. Lean and mean without PoS or masternodes. Keeping in mind the goal of this coin as payment option. Lots of things were already done for Bitcoin and thats where we profit. I think thats the best way to go.

hmm, keeping either pos or masternodes would be good imo. You just gotta figure out a way to do it. Maybe take some x11 base with masternodes and POS im sure there is some out? If not then go with what you can, but it definitely needs to be changed.
copper member

Activity: 161
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
Is there a reward now?

reward? ...

what reward? ... and for what? ...

#crysx
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
Damn the sync is slow, like 3hrs gone and only a few thousand blocks. Dev, you need to find a way how to make it faster or some lightweight wallet..
edit: the wallet gets stuck on syncing pretty often, and only a restart of wallet helps with that.. like every hour or so.. really needs a fix

as ive mentioned so many times before ...

and been attacked by the 'dev' for 'bitching' about it without fixing it myself ( as if i know how to ) ...

the cause tho - is the orphan blocks that clog the sync / blockchain download and bring it to a halt ...

IF the cause of that can be found - a fix can be found ...

but hey - im 'just' a user of the coin ... right? ...

#crysx
Damn the sync is slow, like 3hrs gone and only a few thousand blocks. Dev, you need to find a way how to make it faster or some lightweight wallet..
edit: the wallet gets stuck on syncing pretty often, and only a restart of wallet helps with that.. like every hour or so.. really needs a fix

as ive mentioned so many times before ...

and been attacked by the 'dev' for 'bitching' about it without fixing it myself ( as if i know how to ) ...

the cause tho - is the orphan blocks that clog the sync / blockchain download and bring it to a halt ...

IF the cause of that can be found - a fix can be found ...

but hey - im 'just' a user of the coin ... right? ...

#crysx
Hi Chrysophylax,

You were absolutely right when it comes to orphan blocks. You also said that the RPC interface is broken. Thats where we still disagree.

I dont see any other solution then to take a solid codebase and do a swap.

thats awesome kees ...

is there a codebase you are looking at swapping at? ... dash or any other? ...

btw - i just tried to run the daemon again - and it drops rpc connections continuously ... we can disagree on this all we want - this is happening on my end ... though the compilation of the daemon is under centos 7 x64 - which requires a different approach to the compilation under debian based os - like ubuntu for instance ... so it may be the compilation itself broke the rpc connectivity - but as mentioned before - that highly unlikely as ALL the other daemons that compile in the same fashion under this same centos 7 x64 os - all work and have no issues with rpc connectivity ... so im stumped as to what it could be ...

either way - a rebase /swap would be very beneficial ...

tanx much for the reply ...

#crysx
Jump to: