Author

Topic: [ANN][AUTO-SWITCH] Profit-switch auto-exchange pool: CleverMining.com - page 133. (Read 554382 times)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Clevermining reject ratio is ridiculous at this moment  Cry

Looks like a perfectly acceptable ~3% reject average.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Thanks Frank.  I'm using BAMT from a usb stick and nothing else has ever been installed on this.  Furthermore, because we were on vacation, other computers in the local network were shut down, and my home router is tiered with a second home router, so to get access to this machine someone would have had to have hacked through two routers/firewalls....  My miner is currently resolving us.clevermining.com fine, but its possible that dns was poisoned temporarily at the ISP level to trick my miner into resolving to a different IP.  I found
using netstat that the only connection to an external IP was to 46.28.205.80:3333 from Zurich ( http://www.iplookup.ca/46.28.205.80 ).  Clearly they somehow tricked the miner into connecting to that IP address.  I have tons to catch up on after being out for almost 2 weeks so I haven't read up all the thread on this, but the speculation that it was some malicious software we downloaded is simply not possible.  It had to be either a DNS hijacking, or the BAMT software has a backdoor, or possibly clevermining purposely resolved us to this new IP.   No other possibility in my mind.  Very suspicious of BAMT as well as clevermining... Since the dns is hosted by cloudflare, it could have been someone at cloudflare too.  I may start specifying the IP in my cgminer.conf rather than the us.clevermining.com address.  That should eliminate the DNS hijacking possibility.

Anyways, thanks for pointing me to the beginning of that thread.

Rob

Not affiliated with Clevermining... just a user but this sounds like your miner was redirected.  Read this thread starting around the bottom of page 153 for what likely happened to your miner.

Basically, a bunch of miners from a bunch of different pools got redirected to a different IP address.  There were a bunch of correlations people found, but no one ever found -THE- cause as far as I can tell.  Anyone who got redirected were essentially mining for free at a pool stealing hashrate.

Restarting the miner at a minimum will fix it at least temporarily.  I have not seen anyone complain about being redirected in at least a few days so maybe the root cause has been solved.
Activity: 569
Merit: 250
Clevermining reject ratio is ridiculous at this moment  Cry

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Looking for some support from clevermining... I went on vacation on the 20th and just got back to find out clevermining stopped accumulating stats on the 23rd.  My mining rig has been humming along fine though as always, and says its still doing 2Mh/s and has accumulated 97291 accepted shares.  I've made no changes to my config and had been using clevermining for a couple weeks prior to my vacation without any hiccups.  So what's the deal?  If my rig is mining but I'm not seeing any stats in clevermining, where the heck is my revenue going???

Would prefer if someone from clevermining would contact me directly.  Any way to get hold of them?

Thanks,
Rob

Not affiliated with Clevermining... just a user but this sounds like your miner was redirected.  Read this thread starting around the bottom of page 153 for what likely happened to your miner.

Basically, a bunch of miners from a bunch of different pools got redirected to a different IP address.  There were a bunch of correlations people found, but no one ever found -THE- cause as far as I can tell.  Anyone who got redirected were essentially mining for free at a pool stealing hashrate.

Restarting the miner at a minimum will fix it at least temporarily.  I have not seen anyone complain about being redirected in at least a few days so maybe the root cause has been solved.
STT
legendary
Activity: 4060
Merit: 1448
Reads like a good advert for another pool.    Perhaps compare a few different pools to be more convincing
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068
I came across clevermining after I got my gridseed miners.  I wanted to get them going on a good pool and multicoin pools were poping up like crazy.  After doing some reading and checking around I came across the pool.  The interface was by far the best I've seen.  Which got me hooked.  I started mining there.  After 24 hours of mining I realized that my rejection rate was high!! Checked with the forum and realized that others had the same thing.  Mind you, if you look back at this thread and at ridit, that's all you'll read about.  "high reject".  

Terk tries to do his best and I can see that he replies to most requests.  Aside from the drama that has been going on for the past 2 days between the members, there was no reason to have some expert members voice their concerns and share technical information with Terk. As I am an armature still at mining.

While all this was happening, I looked at other alternatives. coinshift got my attention.  I looked to compare both pools.  I liked the idea of coinshift and the explaination of the pool towards the crypto currency health.

Here is a compairason between the 2 pools as of now:

Clevermining: 22,708.9 MH/s
Coinshitf: 2185.122 MH/s

Profit 24H outlook
Clevermining: 0.00511 BTC/day/MH
Coinshift: 0.00558

It's clearly that Coinshit with such a small percentage of Hash power is doing something wright to get a good return.  The pay is as low as 0.001 instead of 0.01 and its done without any issues.

I like Clevermining, but until these issues are sorted out and I can mine without having to keep looking and checking every hour, Coinshift deserves the hash power for now.

You're basing this on a tiny 24 hours? Anyways... Fail overs is the solution. So, see you later, i guess?
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068
Yes, us Québecois have great internet and servers Tongue

@Terk, i understand its too complicated for the many to setup manual failovers(and just about everything else). But i would be one of the few to prefer using my own failovers :3

Quick-setup miners should use an url like na.cm.com for north america, eu.cm.com for eu, etc, while advanced user will prolly want to use sf, ny, ca.cm.com etc.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
I came across clevermining after I got my gridseed miners.  I wanted to get them going on a good pool and multicoin pools were poping up like crazy.  After doing some reading and checking around I came across the pool.  The interface was by far the best I've seen.  Which got me hooked.  I started mining there.  After 24 hours of mining I realized that my rejection rate was high!! Checked with the forum and realized that others had the same thing.  Mind you, if you look back at this thread and at ridit, that's all you'll read about.  "high reject". 

Terk tries to do his best and I can see that he replies to most requests.  Aside from the drama that has been going on for the past 2 days between the members, there was no reason to have some expert members voice their concerns and share technical information with Terk. As I am an armature still at mining.

While all this was happening, I looked at other alternatives. coinshift got my attention.  I looked to compare both pools.  I liked the idea of coinshift and the explaination of the pool towards the crypto currency health.

Here is a compairason between the 2 pools as of now:

Clevermining: 22,708.9 MH/s
Coinshitf: 2185.122 MH/s

Profit 24H outlook
Clevermining: 0.00511 BTC/day/MH
Coinshift: 0.00558

It's clearly that Coinshit with such a small percentage of Hash power is doing something wright to get a good return.  The pay is as low as 0.001 instead of 0.01 and its done without any issues.

I like Clevermining, but until these issues are sorted out and I can mine without having to keep looking and checking every hour, Coinshift deserves the hash power for now.
Activity: 3
Looking for some support from clevermining... I went on vacation on the 20th and just got back to find out clevermining stopped accumulating stats on the 23rd.  My mining rig has been humming along fine though as always, and says its still doing 2Mh/s and has accumulated 97291 accepted shares.  I've made no changes to my config and had been using clevermining for a couple weeks prior to my vacation without any hiccups.  So what's the deal?  If my rig is mining but I'm not seeing any stats in clevermining, where the heck is my revenue going???

Would prefer if someone from clevermining would contact me directly.  Any way to get hold of them?

Thanks,
Rob
Activity: 289
Merit: 100
O2-Protocol.com Carbon Offset DeFi
Just want to share with you guys, that im getting paid 0.00758BTC/Mh/Day on another pool (after exchanges to BTC). Payouts are made in NXT Coin... but very very good performance. I encorage everybody to move onto NXT Coin pool as its a different coin than BTC. When more people get there higher the payout will be
Activity: 41
Reading these boards is an essay on human nature.

It doesn't matter how successful the pool is, nor does it matter what external influences (such as alt-coin market dynamics) exist, nor how effectively the pool operator manages his obligations, there will still be people who complain.

I'm not talking about legitimate complaints, I mean those who just whine at every opportunity, every "burp" in the system.

Really a sad story.

nice text Grin

who is not happy here.......there is plenty of other pools......right?? 
Activity: 25
I'm curious, is that canadian server still active? I switched to the us.clevermining.com for over night and just now went back to the ca.clevermining.com. I'm assuming it's still there because I've gotten 3 shares off of it, but just want to be 100% sure. (still learning how things are, this is only my 3rd day at this so far lol)

Canadian server is currently handling all the US traffic. It has proven itself very efficient and its reject ratio are very low for all American miners regardless of west/east location. Even users from west states are having lower rejects and higher accepted hashrate here than they were having using San Francisco server.

This is why I didn't bring back the old servers. There are still there standing as reserve in case any issues happen, but for now we don't use them. I will be deciding about infrastructure changes later this week including probably changing European server to a different one, possibly relaunching Asia server, and deciding what should be the final setup for North America.

Why change the European server? So it can handle more miners? Or something else wrong?

I'm in Europe and can confirm that EU server consistently is give me high reject   rate (almost double) than "older" NY server or the new montreal server. That's why I do not use it.
Activity: 81
Merit: 10
I'm curious, is that canadian server still active? I switched to the us.clevermining.com for over night and just now went back to the ca.clevermining.com. I'm assuming it's still there because I've gotten 3 shares off of it, but just want to be 100% sure. (still learning how things are, this is only my 3rd day at this so far lol)

Canadian server is currently handling all the US traffic. It has proven itself very efficient and its reject ratio are very low for all American miners regardless of west/east location. Even users from west states are having lower rejects and higher accepted hashrate here than they were having using San Francisco server.

This is why I didn't bring back the old servers. There are still there standing as reserve in case any issues happen, but for now we don't use them. I will be deciding about infrastructure changes later this week including probably changing European server to a different one, possibly relaunching Asia server, and deciding what should be the final setup for North America.

Why change the European server? So it can handle more miners? Or something else wrong?
Activity: 616
Merit: 522

Activity: 616
Merit: 522
Hi Pieran,
thanks for the advice, but unfortunately it doesn't appear to have helped - after an albeit short test - I'm still getting 45% rejections at intensity 16. Any other advice?
I think it's an issue with the pool rather than with your miner.  I was mining here without a problem until there was a sudden "bug" that jumped my rejects from <5% to >60%.  Our op said that this was an unintentional bug that would be fixed within a couple of hours.  I tried for a bit for a couple days afterward and the rejects continued.  I switched my miners over to a different pool and all settings worked normally with minimal rejects.

I keep checking back here to see if the reject complaints die down because I really like this site and pool.  But I think it's going to take an "aha" moment from the hosts before I can jump back in.

This is strange and probably unrelated as this issue has been fixed as confirmed by several users.

What are rejects messages? What do they say? Which server do you connect to?
Activity: 24
While I realize this is the wrong place in the forums to offer this, I figured I would put it out there to the CleverMining community first.  My wife is relocating jobs out of state and it's going to be problematic to take my entire setup with.  I had a little more than 12Mh/s total and sold four video cards off one rig to a friend.  The motherboard, processor, memory, risers and power supply are still left from that one.  Would anyone be interested in any of that?  What about a 4.3Mh/s (4100WU) rig using five Sapphire R9 290's, complete with high speed blower fan and 1200W UPS (we have lots of brownouts in our area)?  I also have two 280x's and two 7970's not doing anything right now.  Basically took the whole DDOS situation to shut down and prepare to relocate.  Please don't reply in the thread to clutter it up even more.   Wink  Just send me a PM if interested.

Thanks!
Activity: 11
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Hi,

Are going to introduce scrypt-n coins to CleverMining anytime soon.

Thanks. Wink

Please let me clarify something:
There is no miner that can mine scrypt and scrypt-n at the same time. A seperate pool has to be created, since CleverMining cannot switch your coin algorithms, it can only point at different pools.

Same with SHA-256 and scrypt, you can't have a pool with same ip that can switch between them.
Activity: 123
Merit: 100
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
--scrypt -o stratum+tcp://eu.clevermining.com:3333 -u xxx -p  --thread-concurrency 27400 --lookup-gap 2 --gpu-engine 880 --gpu-memclock 1250 --gpu-powertune 20 -w 512 -I 18 -g 1

Hi,

I would try to lower the intensity a bit. Maybe try with -I 16 as a starting point.

If you are using lookup gap 2 try lowering intensity even more, like I 13.....   Lookup gap 1 and you can push it to like 19 or 20.
Activity: 20
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
--scrypt -o stratum+tcp://eu.clevermining.com:3333 -u xxx -p  --thread-concurrency 27400 --lookup-gap 2 --gpu-engine 880 --gpu-memclock 1250 --gpu-powertune 20 -w 512 -I 18 -g 1

Hi,

I would try to lower the intensity a bit. Maybe try with -I 16 as a starting point.

Hi Pieran,

thanks for the advice, but unfortunately it doesn't appear to have helped - after an albeit short test - I'm still getting 45% rejections at intensity 16. Any other advice?

Using mobile broadband?
Can you post a screen of your miner?

Hi gUMMO414,

By mobile bb do you mean Wireless? If so no I'm not. Cable all the way.

By a screen shot do you literally just mean a shot of CGWatcher and CGMiner running?

Thanks!

Yea, from CGminer should be enough
Jump to: