Author

Topic: [ANN][AUTO-SWITCH] Profit-switch auto-exchange pool: CleverMining.com - page 130. (Read 554382 times)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Is there a problem with the webpage? I have not been able to see my stats for the past day, just times out with a Cloudflare "Host Error" message.

I'm seeing the same problem. I was just about to post, but you beat me to it.

I checked my local logs and it looks like my miners are still in communication with the server, so maybe just the web server is down.

I have no problem getting in.
Maybe it's a CloudFlare region problem?

Yeah, my miners are still connected and I have received payment from yesterday, so that seems to be going good.

My regional Cloud Flare server seems to be in Chicago if anyone else wants to compare notes. Smiley
Activity: 5
Hmm... $1.84 for 1mh on ltc per daily power cost $1.20, pool fee 0.04$ = profit 0.60 cents/day.

Methink some miners better turn off their mining machines.

Had better turn them off? This only makes sense if a) there is no profit (your calculations say there is) and b) you're selling your Crypto to pay for your electricity. Or if you're mining but you're a bear.

Let me point out the variable that you seem to have forgotten ; Power cost:

It make sense if you're running a 250/mh farm at higher than 0.1 kwh. As stated by some users who have farm, sometimes they pay upward of 0.2kwh. It would cost such user  @ 0.2kwh a minimum of 13 000$ for power per month for 14 000$~ worth of LTC. But truth is, such power drain is often considered industrial which crank up the price even more.

At the moment there's profit for your average GPU miner who pays 0.1kwh, therefore :

My power provider charge only 0.051 for electricity, but if i use more than what a regular house would use , the price go up to 0.2 after the first 30kw And if i was using 84kwh, the cost would be 0.36kw after the first 50kw. So would pay easily pay 0.3 even tho small miners here(where i live) normally only pay 0.051.

So Again, unless they want to gamble whether the price go back up to 700$+ SOME miner will have to shut down Wink

I few thoughts about mining "profits"...
 "Mining when not profitable" might be the best investment youve ever made.

That is SO INCORRECT! It's not complicated. If the cost of mining is greater than the cost of the coin you are better off buying the coin, otherwise you are overpaying.
Activity: 81
Merit: 10
Is there a problem with the webpage? I have not been able to see my stats for the past day, just times out with a Cloudflare "Host Error" message.

I checked my local logs and it looks like my miners are still in communication with the server, so maybe just the web server is down.

Same here
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

I have no problem getting in.
Maybe it's a CloudFlare region problem?
legendary
Activity: 1150
Merit: 1004

Activity: 28
Activity: 174
Merit: 100
16Q3R8NAfK63DvkTUGgLdPScyMU8uSAJUH
Hmm... $1.84 for 1mh on ltc per daily power cost $1.20, pool fee 0.04$ = profit 0.60 cents/day.

Had better turn them off? This only makes sense if a) there is no profit (your calculations say there is) and b) you're selling your Crypto to pay for your electricity. Or if you're mining but you're a bear.

It make sense if you're running a 250/mh farm at higher than 0.1 kwh. As stated by some users who have farm, sometimes they pay upward of 0.2kwh. It would cost such user  @ 0.2kwh a minimum of 13 000$ for power per month for 14 000$~ worth of LTC. But truth is, such power drain is often considered industrial which crank up the price even more.

At the moment there's profit for your average GPU miner who pays 0.1kwh, therefore :

My power provider charge only 0.051 for electricity, but if i use more than what a regular house would use , the price go up to 0.2 after the first 30kw And if i was using 84kwh, the cost would be 0.36kw after the first 50kw. So would pay easily pay 0.3 even tho small miners here(where i live) normally only pay 0.051.

So Again, unless they want to gamble whether the price go back up to 700$+ SOME miner will have to shut down Wink

I few thoughts about mining "profits"...

First off, unless you are selling each and everything coin you mine on a daily basis there is really no such thing as "profit per day".  I do however, understand that most miners use things like mining calculators that into account power consumption and such but here is really the correct way to think about the relationship between mining, power consumption and profit...

Your mining rig basically allows you to "purchase" coins at a greatly reduced rate compared to a typical exchange.  This purchase of course happens once a month when you pay your power bill.  For example lets say you are running a 5 Mhs rig that uses ~2000W.  Over the course of the month you might generate about 26 LTC.  At $0.10 per KWh your monthly power costs would be around $144.  Therefore, you have effectively purchased 26 LTC for $144 or for about $5.54 per litecoin...far cheaper than anywhere else you could get one at the moment.

Now lets say 2 months from difficulty rises to 12000 and now youre only mining 13 LTC a month.  Your power costs would obviously stay the same @ $144. At this point the "mining calculators" might tell you that you are breaking even (or even losing money) but you are effectively buy 13 LTC for $144 or $11.07 per light coin.  So as long as you think the value of the LTC is going to eventually top $11.07 then you are not mining at a loss.

My point is this...if you think that LTC is going to crash and be worth far less in the future than it is today then yes pull the plug.  The days of quick short term profits and 30 day ROIs are clearly over.  If on the other hand you believe that a LTC (or any other crypto) is worth far more than its valued today then dont even think about unplugging that rig. "Mining when not profitable" might be the best investment youve ever made.
Activity: 345
Merit: 250
Hello, i have bitcoin wallet 0.8.6 , and on the website it shows that i was payed 0,0109 btc , i have over 100 confirmations on the blockchain but nithing in my wallet. Do i need to upgrade it to bitcoin core? Or version 0.9 or what is going on?

Address is 1HxQbgxcfeADoF8ma6eZ9XHrf9MLTDdVk2

Txid. fe109a8673ebb8eae7ac46d93cd1ccff52889b0565be2a8a2ee3c9c958ba87dd
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

Activity: 434
Yes, if you switch to 14-day average on Coinwarz, scrypt-n is marginally better than LTC. Saying CoinWarz does not present real data is a bit of a false statement right there. I clearly stated that as of now scrypt-n is under LTC, not on average. However, the X11 coins like HiroCoin seems to be a good alternative because of the power/profitability ratios.

Mining is about averages when it comes to multipools, so looking at the 1 day is kinda stupid IMO.
Activity: 265
Yes, if you switch to 14-day average on Coinwarz, scrypt-n is marginally better than LTC. Saying CoinWarz does not present real data is a bit of a false statement right there. I clearly stated that as of now scrypt-n is under LTC, not on average. However, the X11 coins like HiroCoin seems to be a good alternative because of the power/profitability ratios.
Scrypt-N coins are worse than LTC these days profit-wise. With the ASICs invasion coming soon, we should really look into X11 coins.

I really don't get this X11 hype. Some people mistakenly think it's some anti-ASIC messiah.
It's a chain of algos that had an important design requirement to support ASICs.

X11 is significantly more trivial for hardware makers to build hardware for than it has been for Scrypt.
And should X11 hardware be made, it will be speedups similar to what we've seen for bitcoin.
So I really don't get where the hype is coming from. Guess more uninformed masses as usual...

The point is not so much about the ASICs, but about profitability and energy savings. Right now X11 is better energy-wise, eating only half of what scrypt and scrypt-n makes GPUs eat for 0.004 BTC/mh/s/day.

Can I see your data on where Scrypt-N is worse then LTC?
Scrypt-N coins are worse than LTC these days profit-wise. With the ASICs invasion coming soon, we should really look into X11 coins.

I really don't get this X11 hype. Some people mistakenly think it's some anti-ASIC messiah.
It's a chain of algos that had an important design requirement to support ASICs.

X11 is significantly more trivial for hardware makers to build hardware for than it has been for Scrypt.
And should X11 hardware be made, it will be speedups similar to what we've seen for bitcoin.
So I really don't get where the hype is coming from. Guess more uninformed masses as usual...

The point is not so much about the ASICs, but about profitability and energy savings. Right now X11 is better energy-wise, eating only half of what scrypt and scrypt-n makes GPUs eat for 0.004 BTC/mh/s/day.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100

Activity: 345
Hello, i have bitcoin wallet 0.8.6 , and on the website it shows that i was payed 0,0109 btc , i have over 100 confirmations on the blockchain but nithing in my wallet. Do i need to upgrade it to bitcoin core? Or version 0.9 or what is going on?

Address is 1HxQbgxcfeADoF8ma6eZ9XHrf9MLTDdVk2

Txid. fe109a8673ebb8eae7ac46d93cd1ccff52889b0565be2a8a2ee3c9c958ba87dd
off topic for those interested...

CoinSolver is introduction a Scrypt-N Multipool. http://coinsolver.com/blog/
Activity: 616
Merit: 522
Hello,

I just pointed my miners to your pool but i get a lot of rejects and if i try to decrease my TC i get very low kh/s .

A lot of time i get this message:

Rejected untracked stratum share  from pool 0   

Any suggestions?

p.s. I cannot see my stats (Host down) when i go searching my account

Rejected untracked stratum share are not real rejects. There is some miscommunication between the pool and the miner.

For reject stats, you need to ignore the top line in cgminer/sgminer as it mistakenly counts these untracked lines. Your real rejects are in per-GPU stats. These numbers are correct.
Jump to: