Author

Topic: [ANN][AUTO-SWITCH] Profit-switch auto-exchange pool: CleverMining.com - page 173. (Read 554384 times)

Activity: 616
Merit: 522
I plan to enable email and SMS alerts but still have lots of background technical works to do plus all the usual daily stuff with the pool. I hope alerts will be coming in the next two weeks.
Activity: 265
Merit: 250
Use cgwatcher and your problems will disapear (almost)

Ya... the problem is I'm using CGWatcher and it was showing my miner was still working in the morning even though cgminer froze and the coolers on the gpus were still noisy. CGWatcher was showing miner hashrate at 1.3 Mh/s when I found it... so I'm guessing there was a bug somewhere. Will try to setup the mail system in CGWatcher though, thanks for that info Smiley Still would be nice if the multipool itself could send the alerts.
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
I also switched from Waffle after mining there almost a month, CM's site is waaaaay better, I just wish I knew what coins I was mining, Is there a way to see?
I do understand the reasons why the coins aren't displayed though.

Email alerts would definitely be a nice feature, especially because (using CGwatcher) if your rig loses internet connection, it cant send you any emails.

Waffle was also mining mostly Doge and LTC, with around 2% in other small coins.

Is CM able to switch coins based on the block rewards? For example, I know wafflepool will always switch to Doge when the block reward is going to be over 200k. Although I don't know exactly how that works.

Keep up the good work Terk! It's only been a couple days, but I'm liking CM so far!

I have noticed we mine mostly doge and LTC anyway, with a bit of Aur and rarely some lower coins. While it is technically a few percent higher than straight LTC, running the site like this is a lot of overkill if we are going to mine only 2 or 3 coins anyway for not much increase in profit. I really like this mining pool which is why I am staying here.

In the last couple of days yes, but take a look couple days before and we've been mining lots of other coins. It's not because I decided it, it's because this is how the market is shaped these days and we mine what's profitable. I have no idea what we'll be mining tomorrow and wether we'll be sending 80% of our hashpower to 2-3 coins or if it will be more spreader like it was just couple of days ago.
Hi Terk,

Since joining CM I have been consistently missing around 400kh/s to 700kh/s according to my WU. I don't get this problem with middle or waffle, can you check this out for me? many thanks

1KZQ3KVfk9nABZ14A5oFR34tjrDzxPoBbu

Nothing wrong with this username from my side.

You have 2.81 MH/s accepted on average in the last 24 hours and 0.15 MH/s rejected (the site doesn't show rejected 24h avg, I checked it manually - more detailed stats are on my todo list). That means that your total hashrate detected by the pool was 2.96 MH/s on average in the last 24 hours.

I see that you have some small rig running on the Oregon server and most of your hashpower at Europe. I even double checked if it's the Oregon what's missing, because it's a similar number to what you're reporting, but everything is fine as well. I checked manually in regions databases and in the last hour you had 0.317 MH/s in Oregon and 2.638 in Europe = 2.955 MH/s combined, which is exactly what the central database and the website is reporting for your last hour (on the website the main dial rounds it to 3.0, but on the 24h chart when you mouse over the point it's 2.9547.

What is your WU? Is it far from the 3 MH/s what the site reports as your average 24h accepted+rejected? The most common mistake that people make is to check one hour average from the webpage, which is always an estimate and is vulnerable to variance.

If the difference to the 24h avg is really that high, then did you have any MH/s logged on your backup pool? It's possible that your miners disconnect and spend some minutes on another pool? I can't think of anything else.
Activity: 4
Use cgwatcher and your problems will disapear (almost)
https://i.imgur.com/mdSVuJ9.png
it can reset your miner or pc if your HR goes belou a certain value, or get accidentally close, or gets to hot.
https://i.imgur.com/zdhB8cb.png

you can set it to send emails for that as well, best of all its free.

Also you can get cgremote (paid beta 10$) and monitor several miners over the internet
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-wJYi4WCqIRc/UftAJD-ncvI/AAAAAAAAAe8/RPwHbdkmK-4/s1600/miners_rows.png
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
+1

I left CM for wafflepool for that reason.  wafflepool has an ugly website, but someone made wafflestats which is beautiful and sends out email alerts for payouts and low hashrates.  I wish CM had something like this.

http://waffles.wilschrader.com/stats?address=192wH2yhWVyjiUkzf2qppnATSvmQkuMsxA
Is there a way to let me know when my mining program is not working with this multipool? If not, can Terk please implement some alert system via email?

I had a problem last night, cgminer froze and could only see the problem in the morning, thus losing around 6 hours of mining.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
To everyone concerned about profitability: I am working hard on new ideas to implement to adapt to new market conditions and boost our profitability. Take a look at bigger picture and see how we're doing comparing to other multipools.
Here's a current screenshot from poolpicker.eu which compares multipools:

CleverMining is the most profitable pool in the span of last 3, 7, 21 and 28 days. A single worse day can always happen. It won't matter much in the long term.
Perhaps something like Wemineall has would work. They split part of the hashrate amongst a few smaller coins so it doesn't destroy them, while the majority of the hashrate stays on the big coins. Everyone's hashrate still counts for all the coins so it won't take profits away from anyone. Maybe take the lower hashrate region server and put it on the lower coins.
I have noticed we mine mostly doge and LTC anyway, with a bit of Aur and rarely some lower coins. While it is technically a few percent higher than straight LTC, running the site like this is a lot of overkill if we are going to mine only 2 or 3 coins anyway for not much increase in profit. I really like this mining pool which is why I am staying here.

There is no question which is better than multipools

but that profit itself is not good

You need to look for any new coins that have a volume of trade and the price is right

Today, there are better coins that give you more profit.
Activity: 1

To everyone concerned about profitability: I am working hard on new ideas to implement to adapt to new market conditions and boost our profitability. Take a look at bigger picture and see how we're doing comparing to other multipools.

Here's a current screenshot from poolpicker.eu which compares multipools:

https://i.imgur.com/nYA63jR.png

CleverMining is the most profitable pool in the span of last 3, 7, 21 and 28 days. A single worse day can always happen. It won't matter much in the long term.

Perhaps something like Wemineall has would work. They split part of the hashrate amongst a few smaller coins so it doesn't destroy them, while the majority of the hashrate stays on the big coins. Everyone's hashrate still counts for all the coins so it won't take profits away from anyone. Maybe take the lower hashrate region server and put it on the lower coins.

Activity: 158
Merit: 100
Can you help me?Im having trouble getting my shares recognised from my Gridseed ASIC at all whereas the DualMiner can submit shares with no issue.

I'm having to use a modified version of cgminer 3.7.2 made for this asic from cryptoblog to even get it to work on any other pool as the main miner for this was just useless.

Can you help me find the right settings used for this asic for your pool as I've tried the different servers to no avail with the gridseed miner on my PC (as the mac miners for this were useless and a waste of time)?

Thanks Smiley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHmj8_m0vzk
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
Freelance videographer
Can you help me?Im having trouble getting my shares recognised from my Gridseed ASIC at all whereas the DualMiner can submit shares with no issue.

I'm having to use a modified version of cgminer 3.7.2 made for this asic from cryptoblog to even get it to work on any other pool as the main miner for this was just useless.

Can you help me find the right settings used for this asic for your pool as I've tried the different servers to no avail with the gridseed miner on my PC (as the mac miners for this were useless and a waste of time)?

Thanks Smiley
Activity: 36
Terk, I think u missed my query a few pages back? would really appreciate some input
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5667123
That would be best to shoot pm to terk with all the info (that link should be sufficient). He has a lot of work and can posts be missed Wink

I understand your position, but since I'm a small-time miner with only 2 GPUs for now and 1.4 Mh/s and seeing all alt coins dropping in general, it got me thinking that even this multipool could be having problems, even though a friend recommended it and I checked it on poolpicker. If I had more rigs, I could test coins and multipools and see whichever is better but since I'm pretty limited at the moment, I'd like to make the most out of my resources, so forgive my concerns, but there are so many in my situation right now.
I am even smaller miner (not even MHs) and I am planning on staying here. You can have bigger payouts if mining all the small coins perhaps, but it would be a lot of work with switching your miner exchanging stuff and etc. As I see it, it does not pay all the hard work you would have to put into it. Terk is doing great job with all his care about his multipool and us. As a bonus, you can actually do some stuff done while your rig is making money for you Wink
Activity: 3
Terk, I think u missed my query a few pages back? would really appreciate some input
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5667123

Activity: 5
Been here for 33 days and I don't see any reason to leave for another pool.  People have to look at the bigger picture, exactly as Terk showed above.  I've looked at the numbers I had 6 months ago and also the numbers up to 12 months prior to when I started.  Many people just want things right now, immediately and fail to see or understand the market can and will drop, raise, rinse, repeat.  I see it in the numbers and there's no reason to think things are just going to instantly die, everyone swarm elsewhere.  I said it before in one of my posts and I'll say it again, just be patient.  Give it weeks, not days.
+1
+2
clever is the best multipool service so far for me too
(service = dev is active, open and have a lot of patience Grin + good profits compared to another pools + nice site)

I'll add - "Attentive operator". 

So far Terk has kept his word on what he's doing and what will be done.  He's gotten through setting up multiple regional servers, DDOS, manual exchanges, and still be attentive enough to get through other issues AND post on the boards with any kind of updates/issues.

That's very important factor for me.
legendary
Activity: 1318
Merit: 1040
Been here for 33 days and I don't see any reason to leave for another pool.  People have to look at the bigger picture, exactly as Terk showed above.  I've looked at the numbers I had 6 months ago and also the numbers up to 12 months prior to when I started.  Many people just want things right now, immediately and fail to see or understand the market can and will drop, raise, rinse, repeat.  I see it in the numbers and there's no reason to think things are just going to instantly die, everyone swarm elsewhere.  I said it before in one of my posts and I'll say it again, just be patient.  Give it weeks, not days.
+1
+2
clever is the best multipool service so far for me too
(service = dev is active, open and have a lot of patience Grin + good profits compared to another pools + nice site)

I understand your position, but since I'm a small-time miner with only 2 GPUs for now and 1.4 Mh/s and seeing all alt coins dropping in general, it got me thinking that even this multipool could be having problems, even though a friend recommended it and I checked it on poolpicker. If I had more rigs, I could test coins and multipools and see whichever is better but since I'm pretty limited at the moment, I'd like to make the most out of my resources, so forgive my concerns, but there are so many in my situation right now.
Activity: 41

+1
Activity: 24

Good to hear this. Indeed, I've only been mining with your multipool for only 2 days, but the last hours got me concerned a bit. I'll stick with this multipool at least til Doge forks.
Guys,

Could somebody explain to me why payout everytime is much less than profit?

Daily profit:
2014-03-12 - 0.17282
2014-03-11 - 0.15270
2014-03-10 - 0.16383
2014-03-09 - 0.16061
2014-03-08 - 0.17051

Daily payouts:
2014-03-13 1:30am - 0.16324414
2014-03-12 1:30am - 0.12947653
2014-03-11 1:30am - 0.17735569
2014-03-10 1:30am - 0.12331333
2014-03-09 1:30am - 0.15485666

So you have profit of 0.17051 + 0.16061 + 0.16383 + 0.15270 + 0.17282 = 0.82047
And payouts for 0.15485666 + 0.12331333 + 0.17735569 + 0.12947653 + 0.16324414 = 0.74824635

So you were already paid 0.74824635 / 0.82047 = 91.2% of your profits.

The pool in total earned on Mar 8th-12th 526.1916147 BTC of which 495.04454134 BTC are already exchanged. and 31.14707336 BTC worth of coins is still in the middle of exchanging to BTC. That's 94.1% exchanged, but as the last payout was done 13 hours ago, it's safe to assume that it was around these 91% exchanged when the last payout was made.

So there's nothing wrong with your numbers.

We are mining various coins and we need to exchange them to BTC. This process takes time and it's different for different coins (there are some coins that need 24 hours to mature after being mined and you can send then to exchange only once they are matured).

Coins mined in day X are usually paid out: 70% in X+1, 20% in X+2, 6% in X+3, 4% in X+4. These are not exact numbers, but of course an approximate example for you to realise how things fork.
Jump to: