Author

Topic: [ANN][AUTO-SWITCH] Profit-switch auto-exchange pool: CleverMining.com - page 190. (Read 554386 times)

legendary
Activity: 1019
Merit: 1001
Spectreproject Community Manager
I'm a fairly new miner (since first week of January) checking out these types of pools. I've tried single coin pools, large auto switching pools (multipool) , different coins scrypt, scrypt-n and sha ...everything but solo.

I recall the words of the great Yogi Bera..."You can observe alot, just by watching."

I've read through over 100 pages of what Terk has going on his servers. over all seems a lot of folks are impressed,
especially experienced miners. Don't know if I have enough hash at 800 kHs to kick in but, thinking about it.

Some of the comments and questions here would make me want to put a kill button on a few accounts if I was Terk.

Seems like anybody and everybody is ordering two or more cards from where ever they can, plugging in a miner and then expecting the money to come rolling in. My advice, join a single coin pool...LEARN about work units, shares and blocks. Your rig is NOT an auto streaming pipeline into the crypto coin of your choice.

Look at how blocks are like bananas.....they come in bunches or for a while....they are nowhere to be found.
That's the word "variance" or better know as LUCK. not to mention when a pool does find one, it might take
 a few share rounds or it might get stuck and take a lot of shares to solve.

Looking at the pool I'm on right now has found 8 blocks in the last hour and solved with 74.8% of expected shares, over last 24 its found 138 blocks and taken 115% to solve. As I understand it, anything than less than 120% is actually pretty good.

Its not automatic, you're not entitled to it and it's not a god given right.
Just like miners in the old days...sometimes you find that ore but a lot of times its just rock.

That's why it's called "mining"
I'm done now.  Grin
Activity: 735
Merit: 501
Is it normal to get GPU Usage like that? This happens to all my rigs. (5 of them)
That happens when the server changes coins? Or is it not normal?

What is happening is it is switching coins during those dips.  Those dips are when there is no work from the pool.  Hope that helps.  Smiley
Activity: 81
Merit: 10
Another pic from one of my other miners which are in a different internet connection than the other pic:

Activity: 158
Merit: 100
Profits:

nice to be here and nice work @Terk.

The last day there was a lot of complaining about profits and paying and low revenues.

Here are two weeks for me: (and just only payout)

Both weeks i miner from Monday morning to Friday evening

1'st Week 100h 2.5MH/s -------> 0,01 BTC per day and MH/s
2'nd Week 106h 2.5MH/s -------> 0,0075 BT per day and MH/s (0,00086 still in backlog and calculated)

This is really nice in comparison to other pools especialy to middlecoin, where i stayed before.

So i'am locking forward
Activity: 81
Is it normal to get GPU Usage like that? This happens to all my rigs. (5 of them)
That happens when the server changes coins? Or is it not normal?

legendary
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
Besides the low profibility on the altcoinmarket i would give you a compliment for the work you did Terk.
The pool grows very quickly but everthing is still stable and running very well.

Very true, the only other pool that I've mined on that was this stable was wemineltc.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
I don't know, when the payouts happen, but this night there was no one... Grin

Edit: and there are 0.03646963 BTC ready for payout.
Activity: 16
Hi,
I have 3500 khas power but in two days drop To 2600 is it normal? I mine in eu Server...

Edit
No down To 2300khas and 2'8% rejected... Sad
Activity: 84
Besides the low profibility on the altcoinmarket i would give you a compliment for the work you did Terk.
The pool grows very quickly but everthing is still stable and running very well.

In the meantime you take time to inform us.

Curious about your roadmap, what are the next steps for the coming month?
Is this your daily business Terk?or beide your normal job?

So go on like this, thanks for your hard work!
legendary
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
Saw something about East Coast server in the near future on twitter.  Got me excited.  Any news on that?

News is that it's coming soon!

I don't want to announce any ETA as most of my past estimates weren't meet. Not because things required more time than I thought but because a lot of other things happened in the meantime which required my immediate attention. Running this pool requires long hours of daily work and any development work comes only after ongoing daily tasks, which depending on temporary market conditions can take less or more time and you can't predict that.

I know that you have other stuff going on, but we spoke about a week ago about a script to merge shares submitted under the wrong btc address, any idea when that's coming?
Activity: 616
Merit: 522
Saw something about East Coast server in the near future on twitter.  Got me excited.  Any news on that?

News is that it's coming soon!

I don't want to announce any ETA as most of my past estimates weren't meet. Not because things required more time than I thought but because a lot of other things happened in the meantime which required my immediate attention. Running this pool requires long hours of daily work and any development work comes only after ongoing daily tasks, which depending on temporary market conditions can take less or more time and you can't predict that.
Activity: 616
Merit: 522
I have registered just to say... change payouts back to how it was previously.

I don't really see a reason why anyone might need that, except maybe perverse waiting for sudden beeps from your wallet on incoming transactions, because you never knew what time(s) of day your payouts would be sent.

If your profits are > 0.01/day then you just have one payout per day and 24h interval between payouts doesn't matter much - you still have your profits on a regular basis.

If your profits are < 0.01/day then it really didn't change much for you. Before, you might get your 0.01 BTC payout every ~36 hours. Now you will get ~0.013 BTC payout every 48 hours.

A very positive side-effect of this change is that payout transactions should be included in the blockchain (get confirmed) much quicker than before. Hourly transactions were usually spending Bitcoins which were last moved an hour before (were the change of previous payout) what combined with huge transaction size and minimal transaction fees gave them low priority. Some payouts were waiting even two hours to be confirmed. Now payouts are spending Bitcoins which were moved several hours ago, so their priority is several times higher. Bitcoin transaction priority depends on fee per 1 kB of transaction and age of inputs being used to build transaction.

I'm looking forward Bitcoin v0.9 which is supposed to lower minimal transaction fees from 0.0001 BTC to 0.00001 BTC per 1 kB. If the effective fee required to be included in blockchain by miners really will decrease into this level, we will switch to daily payouts for a minimum 0.001 BTC (not 0.01 BTC as it's today).
Activity: 33
Activity: 1064
Merit: 253
So regarding the recent significant dip in mining profits across all pools; has this kind of thing happened in the past?  Does anyone know of anywhere I can get long term (multiple months) profitability statistics from? 

I'm fairly new to mining and haven't gone through any similar situations myself, so any history lessons from the more experienced miners here would be greatly appreciated Smiley

Yeah, in januari it was just as bad.  Will turn around again

Cheers mate, appreciate the info! Smiley
Activity: 266
Is this the most popular auto miner Cheesy?

I was using middlecoin before.. apparently it's not so good anymore..

Why do you guys like this one Smiley?
Activity: 48
payout delay?
my btc address is 1NUj3PxZJYw2YakA5nSkL4tMZeg2cPfZ7K
stats shows 0.03421174 BTC ready for payout

As mentioned several times.  Payouts now happen only once a day.
ahhh, i see
Activity: 11
what scares me more is the daily earnings..... 9MH/s went down from almost 0.1BTC to 0.05893071 BTC which is like 40% drop over the last week..

0.00666 BTC/day per MH/s <= what a scary number.....
Activity: 40

But you don't say why.
Is there a particular reason you want them to go back?

Payouts more regular, access to BTC sooner.

A feature of Clevermining has been removed because people can't do maths?

Don't see how it matters either way if you still get your daily payout. Do you really need your ~$6 right away?
Activity: 123
Merit: 100

But you don't say why.

It's a lot easier when you get one payout a day in my opinion.  I'm not pulling in dozens of BTC a day though.  5 x .01 daily payments or a single .05 one.... I'd prefer the .05.   Lowers transaction fees later when you try to move coins around. 
Activity: 2

But you don't say why.

Jump to: