Author

Topic: [ANN][AUTO-SWITCH] Profit-switch auto-exchange pool: CleverMining.com - page 189. (Read 554386 times)

FCR
Activity: 31
Merit: 0

Thats weird if its not the coins changing. What could be the problem? When it happens, its for 5-10 seconds each time.

I am using MultiMiner to monitor my rigs which are in another network and although I have a back up pool, it doesnt report as the eu pool being down. So it does not change pool.

I think you have a power issue, the GPU load is unaffected by coin switching. Do you have a kill-a-watt? I would check exactly how much power you are pulling from each of your PSUs, you might be overloading them. Also what is the max AMP of your circuit you are running, 5 rigs on? (you said 5 right?) I had a 50amp circuit wired just for my rigs that run around 2000 watts.

On another note, the amount of rejected is nuts with this pool, I get a lot of 'rejected untracked stratum shares' which I have never seen before. The bottom screen with the pretty colors is 1 of my many gridseeds, you can see even that is running at almost a 10% loss of shares.

You have to look at the rejected shares beside your individual cards; ignore the overall rejected shares at the top of the miner. There is some bug somewhere causing it, but they are not actually rejected.

I have mined here a few days and I can say that the mh/s listed at the top of the website is about 95%-100% accurate. Use your accepted hash rate and multiply by the advertised mh/s.
copper member
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Blockchain Just Entered The Real World
Just check a few posts above - it's not a "reject"-problem, it's a settings issue of your cgminer/sgminer/whatever. I have 3-4% maximum rejects using the EU server (as I am located in the EU Wink ).

It aint my settings. Stats show increasing reject rate of EU-server (and of mine simultaneously). I didnt touch my rigs, suddenly reject rate rised -> server problems. Leave them, you will be happy.
Activity: 307
Merit: 102
My reject is about 3-4% one thing i do is load balance with quota and failover enabled, basically when a coin switch happens and  it inst fast enough it will mine on the other pool for a bit while the switch happens then revert back to main pool in about a minute or less, this results in zero down time for me.
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
Just check a few posts above - it's not a "reject"-problem, it's a settings issue of your cgminer/sgminer/whatever. I have 3-4% maximum rejects using the EU server (as I am located in the EU Wink ).
copper member
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Blockchain Just Entered The Real World
Leave dat servers immediately, they have massive reject problems. No solution in sight! I already left, you all should follow if mining is imporatant to you.
Activity: 84

Thats weird if its not the coins changing. What could be the problem? When it happens, its for 5-10 seconds each time.

I am using MultiMiner to monitor my rigs which are in another network and although I have a back up pool, it doesnt report as the eu pool being down. So it does not change pool.

I think you have a power issue, the GPU load is unaffected by coin switching. Do you have a kill-a-watt? I would check exactly how much power you are pulling from each of your PSUs, you might be overloading them. Also what is the max AMP of your circuit you are running, 5 rigs on? (you said 5 right?) I had a 50amp circuit wired just for my rigs that run around 2000 watts.

On another note, the amount of rejected is nuts with this pool, I get a lot of 'rejected untracked stratum shares' which I have never seen before. The bottom screen with the pretty colors is 1 of my many gridseeds, you can see even that is running at almost a 10% loss of shares.

Activity: 81
Is it normal to get GPU Usage like that? This happens to all my rigs. (5 of them)
That happens when the server changes coins? Or is it not normal?

What is happening is it is switching coins during those dips.  Those dips are when there is no work from the pool.  Hope that helps.  Smiley

Tip: Add a backup pool (non-clevermining) so you don't loose out on hash time during coin switches.

This doesn't look like coin switches which are done without interruption.

For backup pools: I recommend setting another CleverMining regions as your backup pools.

Activity: 84
Man, you have 800kh/s, I have 80kh/s! But i'm building a 450kh/s rig, so my profits will go up.
And I agree completely with what you said, it's just frustrating to see stupid people keep asking the same questions.

You are building a rig that has 450KH total?Huh I have 1 card for sale that runs at 880KH, it's an R9 290, I had 2 of them and 2 7950s on 1 rig and it ran at 3000KH.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/390791527751?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
Activity: 46
Is it normal to get GPU Usage like that? This happens to all my rigs. (5 of them)

https://i.imgur.com/FSNPiYVl.jpg

What is happening is it is switching coins during those dips.  Those dips are when there is no work from the pool.  Hope that helps.  Smiley

Tip: Add a backup pool (non-clevermining) so you don't loose out on hash time during coin switches.

For backup pools: I recommend setting another CleverMining regions as your backup pools.

If that's the case, then I agree! Add another region as a backup pool.
TO THE ONES COMPLAINING ABOUT REJECTS:

http://s1.directupload.net/images/140309/huph9rck.png
http://s14.directupload.net/images/140309/gpddavd9.png

Yes, it's my first rig and yes, I am a "small" miner - but it's working fine. So go back and check your settings. Wink

Terk, keep up the good work. Profitability - of course - can always be better.  Grin

Nice status, latency to the pool is another factor. I bet your connection to the EU pool is very good?
Activity: 616
Merit: 522

What is happening is it is switching coins during those dips.  Those dips are when there is no work from the pool.  Hope that helps.  Smiley

Saw something about East Coast server in the near future on twitter.  Got me excited.  Any news on that?

News is that it's coming soon!

I don't want to announce any ETA as most of my past estimates weren't meet. Not because things required more time than I thought but because a lot of other things happened in the meantime which required my immediate attention. Running this pool requires long hours of daily work and any development work comes only after ongoing daily tasks, which depending on temporary market conditions can take less or more time and you can't predict that.

Great news! I am mining from Toronto and have a reject rate that hovers between 10 - 0% I would love to see this reduced. I have a measly 450Khash right now (one of my cards died) so I think enabling variable diff would help as well? I think even the people with multi-card setup, the work units are per card so each card would crunch it's own. A lower variable diff would benefit them as well. Isn't that how it works?

When I was with wemineltc, I would get a super low reject of 1 - 2 % on the same rig.
Activity: 2
What do you think about the releation between increasing difficulty and low profit market days? Has it been like this for a week in the past ?

https://i.imgur.com/FSNPiYVl.jpg

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Yes, it's my first rig and yes, I am a "small" miner - but it's working fine. So go back and check your settings. Wink

Terk, keep up the good work. Profitability - of course - can always be better.  Grin

Settings like what?

Your cgminer configuration.
Activity: 81

Settings like what?
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
do i use a diffrent bitcoin address per RIG ?
You can, but you don't have to. Either works.
Activity: 18
do i use a diffrent bitcoin address per RIG ?
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
I'm a fairly new miner (since first week of January) checking out these types of pools. I've tried single coin pools, large auto switching pools (multipool) , different coins scrypt, scrypt-n and sha ...everything but solo.

I recall the words of the great Yogi Bera..."You can observe alot, just by watching."

I've read through over 100 pages of what Terk has going on his servers. over all seems a lot of folks are impressed,
especially experienced miners. Don't know if I have enough hash at 800 kHs to kick in but, thinking about it.

Some of the comments and questions here would make me want to put a kill button on a few accounts if I was Terk.

Seems like anybody and everybody is ordering two or more cards from where ever they can, plugging in a miner and then expecting the money to come rolling in. My advice, join a single coin pool...LEARN about work units, shares and blocks. Your rig is NOT an auto streaming pipeline into the crypto coin of your choice.

Look at how blocks are like bananas.....they come in bunches or for a while....they are nowhere to be found.
That's the word "variance" or better know as LUCK.

Its not automatic, you're not entitled to it and it's not a god given right.
Just like miners in the old days...sometimes you find that ore but a lot of times its just rock.

That's why it's called "mining"
I'm done now.  Grin

Man, you have 800kh/s, I have 80kh/s! But i'm building a 450kh/s rig, so my profits will go up.
And I agree completely with what you said, it's just frustrating to see stupid people keep asking the same questions.
Activity: 63

Jump to: