Author

Topic: [ANN][AUTO-SWITCH] Profit-switch auto-exchange pool: CleverMining.com - page 187. (Read 554386 times)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0
Minning altcoibs I have 15$ day but in clevermine I hace 10$ is normal? Is more profitable mine altcoins vs this?
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

All three of my rigs are doing this now as well. Different locations, different setups, all <6 months old. Probably started doing this maybe with in the last week.

Exactly same here. When I was mining in the US server all was well. This started happening about a week ago when the EU server opened. Never had these problems before when I was at the US server (now I have them here too).

Power is not an issue. I have a kill-a-watt and all is well. Also, I have the PCs (4 of them) on a 25 Amp circuit (220V) which can support up to 5500W (My rigs use around 2000 Watts).

I can confirm seeing the same here - on the eu server.
Most of the time I have seen this, the cudaminer reports "GPU #0    12345678 hashes    200kh/s"
Then the miner seems to have no work for 5-60 seconds - GPU usage is 0%
It only becomes active again after "Stratum detected new block" is received.

No connection timeout or accepted/rejected is reported in this "pause".

Aha, then so far, three of us have the same problem. Perhaps others havent noticed this yet.

I also notice a few "Stratum connection timed out". It could be related.
Maybe the shorter periods also are "lost connections", but shorter than the miners "timeout" value?

I asked around several time about this and i never got any answers.
Activity: 8
Hello Terk,

I'm running with you now for a couple of days and I'm quite happy.
I reduced the intensity from 18 to 17 and halved my rejects.
I would like to suggest, however, that every time dogecoin is below Difficulty 1000 that you give it a try. It then seems to be well over 120% for the entire round.

JJ
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Getting not bad WU and rejected rate, but extremely poor profitability for last days. Barely 0.005 for a 1Mhs.  Undecided
Activity: 1260
Merit: 505
Age Of Mars | GameFI Virtual colonization of Mars
there isn't as much demand for them anymore as the the whole crypto market is cooling.

There is still reasonable demand, it's just that it's spread over many more coins than a few months back. The real issue imo is that massive amounts of hashpower were added since November. We know how altcoin miners made the most efficient graphics cards barely available with huge markups for months so there's no doubt that way too many people hopped on the bandwagon for profitability to stay healthy. It's always like that, hashpower overshoots the price because of the delay in deploying it. If you look at the amount of BTC going into alts every day, it's still significant but there's a lot more rigs hashing for a piece of the pie.

Personally my profitability is down from 10x electricity cost to 2.5-3x electricity cost currently and my power rates are about average. If the trend continues, pretty soon those with expensive power will be getting close to no longer breaking even.
Activity: 11
hmmmm, I checked the adress 5 times, und now I check again.

Copy+paste from the wallet:

1HXvkUiEbJSbFTifpf7Cbq4QpPjdRPMao6

Sorry, I can't find no error. But if someone find my Error, I will be thankful.

I sent him a message. Smiley
Activity: 123
Merit: 100
The automatic payout doesn't work on my account. The "ready for payout" increases every day, but nothing happens.

Payouts have changed recently (check a few pages back) they are now done daily for balances over 0.01 and weekly for smaller.

I'm waiting since 3 days for an payout. Yesterday my balance was above 0.05. There must be a bug.

No you just typed in your address wrong. There's probably a capitol letter where there shouldn't be or something.  If you read through....Really any random page in this thread someone complains about what you are complaining about, then someone corrects them, then Terk shows up and says "send me a PM and I'll fix your mis-typed address when I get a chance".

Congrats.  You're that guy for Page 120.
Activity: 420
Merit: 263
let's make a deal.
I started mining here 20 days ago.  in that time, this pool has tripled in size.  clevermining has done a great job the entire time.  the site works great, and the stratum is stable. 

thanks for keeping your users in the loop every step of the way.
The automatic payout doesn't work on my account. The "ready for payout" increases every day, but nothing happens.

Payouts have changed recently (check a few pages back) they are now done daily for balances over 0.01 and weekly for smaller.

I'm waiting since 3 days for an payout. Yesterday my balance was above 0.05. There must be a bug.
Activity: 13

Thanks Terk for managing the pool so well! Loving it let's just hope profitability for scrypt increases globally soon!
Had quick suggestion on some additional stats (or really just a different /additional visualization) that could be added
One of the good things http://Middlecoin.com does is the broken line combined with filled broken line display over time graph.
I pretty much have to refresh my cleverstats a few times a day and graph the immature/unexchanged/ready if I want to see it like this.
I find it nice to read the numbers that way and just think it could be relatively easy for your site that's already very good!

Either way just a suggestion I love those stats and all manners of visualizing them Smiley

Thanks again!

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Is it just me or are the disconects getting progressively more frequent.   Undecided

It's ALOT worse, every time I check workers they are all struggling....I'M OUT OF THIS B!TCH
Activity: 356
Merit: 255
Like it or not, Multi-pool mining is helping this consolidation, by killing off the coins no one really wants.  The only value in 90% of the crap coins created is false hope, pumped by speculators looking to take advantage of idiots.
This, exactly this, and lots of it.

Scamcoins are (IMHO) unhealthy for cryptocurrencies, and it takes the entire market to force them to where they should be (zero) by selling as soon as they are mined. These multipools are simply exploiting the imbalance on too-high-priced altcoins and forcing them down to a level where they're at more on par to their actual demand. *IF* there is another coin (perhaps some scrypt-jane or variant) that deserves to take a place on the real stage, then it should survive the multipool process. Using multipools helps with the process.

Now, if there was only a way to mine scrypt AND scrypt-jane (etc.) in a single pool... THAT would be very interesting to me.
Activity: 58

All three of my rigs are doing this now as well. Different locations, different setups, all <6 months old. Probably started doing this maybe with in the last week.

Exactly same here. When I was mining in the US server all was well. This started happening about a week ago when the EU server opened. Never had these problems before when I was at the US server (now I have them here too).

Power is not an issue. I have a kill-a-watt and all is well. Also, I have the PCs (4 of them) on a 25 Amp circuit (220V) which can support up to 5500W (My rigs use around 2000 Watts).

Most of the time I have seen this, the cudaminer reports "GPU #0    12345678 hashes    200kh/s"

Aha, then so far, three of us have the same problem. Perhaps others havent noticed this yet.

I also notice a few "Stratum connection timed out". It could be related.
Maybe the shorter periods also are "lost connections", but shorter than the miners "timeout" value?
If there's anything the world has an endless supply of, it's idiots.

We may be in a slump, but there's a sucker born every minute... So the market for brand new coin-of-the-week (read CRAP) will bounce back.

The market will always exist, I just suspect newer coins will flame out faster, and they won't last.   This time next year there will only be a handful remaining from now, and all new ones will be based on different algorithms as multi-pool will kill script coins. (as the alt-SHA market is nearly dead thanks to ASICS).
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
If there's anything the world has an endless supply of, it's idiots.

We may be in a slump, but there's a sucker born every minute... So the market for brand new coin-of-the-week (read CRAP) will bounce back.
I think what we are kind of getting at is that crap coins are in a slow decline, (the market was just flooded for the last 6-7 months) and people are starting to wake up and realize this.  Hence there isn't as much demand for them anymore as the the whole crypto market is cooling.   It's no big deal really, we've seen this before, but it's happening.  Take last year.  Big run up starting around now, culminating with BTC topping out at the insane $200+ level for a few days.  People went crazy, and then it burst, and settled down around around 50% of it's peak ($100-$150) for awhile.  It SLOOOOOOOOWLY crawled up until late Sept-early Oct and then bubble 2 started (at least, bubble 2 of 2013).  Blew up, popped, and settled in around 50% of what it peaked at again, this time to around $550-$650.  The second bubble really was in the media, and people hopped on in droves to get in on this Alt coin bandwagon, hoping for the next BTC.  It's been about 3-4 months, no one is getting rich, people who aren't really "in it" are backing out.  There is consolidation in the market on the coins that actually hold promise.  Like it or not, Multi-pool mining is helping this consolidation, by killing off the coins no one really wants.  The only value in 90% of the crap coins created is false hope, pumped by speculators looking to take advantage of idiots.

The less idiots out there, the less value in crap coins.  Less value in crap, less point in multi-mining.

BTC Bubble spring 2013  -> Value up times ten, settles at around 50% of max.   Bubble late 2013, Value up times ten of previous bubble "settle price", but bubble pops again and settles at 50% of the max, ($1,250 down to around $650.)

Based on unscientific math and speculation using the previous bubbles as trends: The next bubble will be in Aug-sept.  BTC will top out between $5,000-$7,000 but will fall down to around $2,500-$3,000 and settle there until the next bubble around 9 months later.  Rinse, repeat. (hopefully).
Activity: 140
This has really been on my mind quite a bit recently as it really feels as if we are shooting ourselves in the foot! I don't know what the solution is though and what we need to watch for to establish wether or not profits will ever increase again.
It's already getting VERY close (few less BTC/Mh/Day) will mean power consumption vs. BTC earned will make this unprofitable and I really wonder if we will ever see an increase or if we are in the last vestiges of mining...
I sure hope not! Please someone give us hope lol.

Keep the faith. People were mining LTC for $2/day profit last summer (I guess at 1MH/s). It paid off...
Activity: 81
Merit: 10

Activity: 420
Merit: 263
let's make a deal.
Doesn't this mean that multimining is creating lots of bubbles?
switching, auto-exchange pools don't create the bubbles, speculators do.  

the selected currency needs to be profitable in order to mine:  clevermining doesn't just start mining an unprofitable coin and hope it goes up in price.  the price v. difficulty has to be favourable.  this doesn't happen unless speculators are actively pumping the coin's value up.

during a manipulation, the coin's value will increase faster than the network hashrate can protect it.  when an auto-switch pool starts mining, the problem has already been created by the speculators engaging in a pump/dump scheme.  It's the speculator's fault for pumping the coin's value, because this must happen first before an auto-switch pool starts mining the coin.

Multimining doesn't seem like a sustainable model because it introduces large and great fluctuations into altcoin markets, quickly raising the difficulties on these then abandoning them.
this is a better criticism of the entire altcoin market being unsustainable than mining.  

Can anyone give a rationale as to why multimining doesn't essentially hurt itself?
I don't think miners hurt themselves by mining.  

miners produce currency.  they are actually exchanging the currency they made for the value they're extracting from the coin.  more currency = more liquidity.  there is reciprocity in a currency/mining relationship.

in contrast, speculators produce nothing of value:  they're just manipulating the price to make profit for themselves.  currency/speculator relationship is zero-sum, and usually the speculator wins at the expense of the currency.
Jump to: