Author

Topic: [ANN][AUTO-SWITCH] Profit-switch auto-exchange pool: CleverMining.com - page 199. (Read 554386 times)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500
too low profitability means that we need a new coins ? Smiley
There are no new profitable altcoins right now. LTC is becoming more and more worth mining now.
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
too low profitability means that we need a new coins ? Smiley
Activity: 40
Been mining for about 2 weeks now and am totally impressed.  about a day ago though hash rate displayed seems to be way off from CGminer.  as you can see, my reject percentage shouldn't account for a 400kh/s difference between the chart on the site and my WU.  in the bottom graph showing -10, -20,-30, etc it's showing hashrate above 1.7.  is there a bug in that chart or am i really only getting credit for 1.2? did something change in the last few days?

https://i.imgur.com/Wt6Tl3m.png

Looks like you have --no submit stale set to true. Turn that off. Your missing out on shares. As for your accepted 24h, you may have had disconnects/failovers throughout the day.
Activity: 30
Sorry for speaking again about %s Wink
In sgminer I discovered a slight difference in the amount of rejected shares. See the screenshot: at the top we have 117760/776208 = 15% rejection ratio.
While there are only 0.8 - 2.3% at the GPU overview. Can someone explain the numbers please?
Compared with the displayed hashrate at CM it looks as 15% are lost in space  Undecided

http://s24.postimg.org/n7tqqvrbp/reject_rate.png

I've seen this from some other users. I can't see your username here to check what is your hashrate reported by the pool, but I guess it's all right.

cgminer/sgminer seems to have some problems with recognising some of pool responses. It's related to messages about “rejected untracked stratum shares”, which were not actually rejected. What you see in your GPU data is correct and probably the same numbers will be displayed on the website.

The top-line number in cgminer/sgminer gets confused by these untracked shares and these numbers are totally wrong. As you can see they don't match what it's displayed just couple of lines below.

Most of my reject % came from rejected untracked stratum shares but my payout is aligned with the pool's btc / day. Thanks for the info, now I know it is not actually rejected.

adjusting queue expiry and scantime have fixed reject % that came from rejected untracked stratum for some users. set your queue to 1, scantime to bigger number and expiry as 2*scantime.
Activity: 1
Been mining for about 2 weeks now and am totally impressed.  about a day ago though hash rate displayed seems to be way off from CGminer.  as you can see, my reject percentage shouldn't account for a 400kh/s difference between the chart on the site and my WU.  in the bottom graph showing -10, -20,-30, etc it's showing hashrate above 1.7.  is there a bug in that chart or am i really only getting credit for 1.2? did something change in the last few days?

https://i.imgur.com/Wt6Tl3m.png
Activity: 13
I think Clevermining is a great service, and I mine here over the others because Terk really seems to give a shit.

Another big QFT Smiley

Keep up the good fight Terk may the Hash be with you.
Activity: 42
In sgminer I discovered a slight difference in the amount of rejected shares. See the screenshot: at the top we have 117760/776208 = 15% rejection ratio.
While there are only 0.8 - 2.3% at the GPU overview. Can someone explain the numbers please?
Compared with the displayed hashrate at CM it looks as 15% are lost in space  Undecided

http://s24.postimg.org/n7tqqvrbp/reject_rate.png

I've seen this from some other users. I can't see your username here to check what is your hashrate reported by the pool, but I guess it's all right.

cgminer/sgminer seems to have some problems with recognising some of pool responses. It's related to messages about “rejected untracked stratum shares”, which were not actually rejected. What you see in your GPU data is correct and probably the same numbers will be displayed on the website.

The top-line number in cgminer/sgminer gets confused by these untracked shares and these numbers are totally wrong. As you can see they don't match what it's displayed just couple of lines below.

Most of my reject % came from rejected untracked stratum shares but my payout is aligned with the pool's btc / day. Thanks for the info, now I know it is not actually rejected.
Activity: 984
Merit: 1000

Thanks for your quick answer! Now I have the idea Smiley
The site shows now 3% rejections at 2.1MHs, which seems to be OK for a WU of 2280. Just need to get it higher somehow.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
I still have 0.03108981 BTC on my account that has yet to be paid out...Its been 3 days since I mined CM. Terk?

BTC Address 14BoKmeYWwmBBWMWiuc7zeQw6puR7maK2R

Of which 0.00789555 is ready for payout and the rest is unexchanged or immature. Payouts are for 0.01 BTC (or 0.001 BTC on Sundays). I need to import some manual trades so there's a small backlog in unexchanged balances currently.
So this goes back to my question a few pages ago when I asked about the new payout structure. Will there still be a delay in exchanged balances that you have mentioned when you implement a single payout? I realize certain coins take times to mature and etc, but those balances shouldnt be stuck in unpaid for more than 3 days.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Terk is correct, I talked with Kalroth on IRC and this is what he told me. My numbers are correct on the site so I wouldn't worry. If my number we're not right on the site, it would say I have over 30% rejected, in reality I am about 0.1% rejected
Activity: 37
Merit: 1

Great answer.  This is exactly correct.  Trust your GPU numbers.
Activity: 616
Merit: 522

Activity: 616
Merit: 522
I still have 0.03108981 BTC on my account that has yet to be paid out...Its been 3 days since I mined CM. Terk?

Of which 0.00789555 is ready for payout and the rest is unexchanged or immature. Payouts are for 0.01 BTC (or 0.001 BTC on Sundays). I need to import some manual trades so there's a small backlog in unexchanged balances currently.
Activity: 984
Merit: 1000

Activity: 84

legendary
Activity: 1318
Merit: 1040
The fee is what the pool operator sets.  I know that's not really what this discussion is, but that's the bottom line.

We all know this pool charges 2%, and 11,000 MH/s says the fee is fine.

Personally, I've left my miners run here for a period of time.  At the end of it, I'm happy with the payout compared to letting my miners run on a different pool.   This includes fees, rejects, connection drops, etc.    

As fun as it is for me to obsess about my own hash rates on a minute by minute basis, or my reject rates or ping speeds to servers, the bottom line to me is how much btc is transferred to my wallet.  

Yes, I've moved some hash power around to see what's going on elsewhere.  I owe it to MYSELF to know.  Again, the bottom line is how much btc is transferred to my wallet.  And as of this point, my hash power is back here.

^this +

All these talks about %s are just meaningless - how can you know what exact amount of what coin mined by the pool? At what exchange (fees) and at what price were coins traded? All you see is something pool operator willing to show you and all you get is some btc. And it's not about clever - that's how it works for any pool. The difference is amount of "transparency" (keeping in mind that you can't be sure that what you see is actually true), communication with dev, stability of pool, nice graphs and so on - to summarize - it's about quality of service. And it's about profits. If you are happy with quality and profits here - mine here, if you have another place where you can be even happier - you are free to choose your way. If there is no place where you are happy - build your own. Wink
Activity: 420
Merit: 263
let's make a deal.

thank you.

@ neon001:  that's data. 
Activity: 420
Merit: 263
let's make a deal.
the fact you impose arbitrary standards on this pool also seems to have glossed by your attention.  

I'm failing to see how it's arbitrary to say that the vast majority of pools charge 1% or less.  It's quite objective, and in no part arbitrary.

argumentum ad populum.  the vast majority of people on earth don't know what a bitcoin is.  ergo, bitcoin is worthless?

It's quite objective, and in no part arbitrary.

because why?  because you've declared it objective? where's your data? it's your fucking opinion that 2% is too high, you cheapskate.

Lets use an analogy then.  You can go to any number of online financial brokerages (Etrade and the like) and pay $10 a trade.  You can go to a financial advisor to do the same thing and provide you some advice while he's at it for $25 a trade.  When you're trading $5000 worth of securities at a time, it seems like a pittance either way, but the latter is still a LOT more expensive, relatively speaking.

so by your standard, a 0% pool should be best? sometimes you get what you pay for.  

pool operators should aim for sustainability, not a race to the bottom for pool fees.  
Activity: 4
The fee is what the pool operator sets.  I know that's not really what this discussion is, but that's the bottom line.

Personally, I've left my miners run here for a period of time.  At the end of it, I'm happy with the payout compared to letting my miners run on a different pool.   This includes fees, rejects, connection drops, etc.    

As fun as it is for me to obsess about my own hash rates on a minute by minute basis, or my reject rates or ping speeds to servers, the bottom line to me is how much btc is transferred to my wallet.  

Yes, I've moved some hash power around to see what's going on elsewhere.  I owe it to MYSELF to know.  Again, the bottom line is how much btc is transferred to my wallet.  And as of this point, my hash power is back here.
Activity: 67
the fact you impose arbitrary standards on this pool also seems to have glossed by your attention. 

I'm failing to see how it's arbitrary to say that the vast majority of pools charge 1% or less.  It's quite objective, and in no part arbitrary.

Lets use an analogy then.  You can go to any number of online financial brokerages (Etrade and the like) and pay $10 a trade.  You can go to a financial advisor to do the same thing and provide you some advice while he's at it for $25 a trade.  When you're trading $5000 worth of securities at a time, it seems like a pittance either way, but the latter is still a LOT more expensive, relatively speaking.
Jump to: