Author

Topic: [ANN][AUTO-SWITCH] Profit-switch auto-exchange pool: CleverMining.com - page 200. (Read 554386 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 263
let's make a deal.
2% is *double* the pool standard for profit.
and where are these published standards that all pools are mandated to follow?

the idea there is a 'pool standard' is laughable.  are you assuming all pools utilize the same bandwidth, electricity, server capacity, hosting costs, and number of employees? 

the fee is the fee.  you get what you've paid for.  

The fact that this *seems* low to you is irrelevant.
the fact you impose arbitrary standards on this pool also seems to have glossed by your attention.  
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
To your point about this being a "virtually free service"....BS.  2% is *double* the pool standard for profit.  The fact that this *seems* low to you is irrelevant.
You forget trading alts for BTC and exchange fees.

Not really.  There are plenty of pools out there that actually charge no fee at all, and the rest of the transaction fees can easily total to <1%.

I'm not saying it's expensive, but to call it virtually free is just flat wrong.  2% isn't much overall, but perspective and opportunity cost need to play a role in where to point your hashes to.
Activity: 840
Merit: 255
SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes
To your point about this being a "virtually free service"....BS.  2% is *double* the pool standard for profit.  The fact that this *seems* low to you is irrelevant.
You forget trading alts for BTC and exchange fees.

Activity: 307
Merit: 102
What kernel? Huh

Sgminer 4.1.0 is another Scrypt GPU miner that is based off the latest cgminer version 3.7.2 that had support for Scrypt GPU mining as all of the later versions of the cgminer support only ASIC mining hardware for SHA-256 and Bitcoin. Sgminer 4.1.0 is very similar to cgminer 3.7.2, though there are some interface changes and also there are some extra features such as multiple experimental kernels to play with as well as some of the features found in the cgminer 3.7.3 kalroth edition such as xintensity and rawintensity modes besides the standard intensity mode form cgminer

So what kernel are you using? I got sgminer just curious
Activity: 158
Merit: 100
What kernel? Huh

Sgminer 4.1.0 is another Scrypt GPU miner that is based off the latest cgminer version 3.7.2 that had support for Scrypt GPU mining as all of the later versions of the cgminer support only ASIC mining hardware for SHA-256 and Bitcoin. Sgminer 4.1.0 is very similar to cgminer 3.7.2, though there are some interface changes and also there are some extra features such as multiple experimental kernels to play with as well as some of the features found in the cgminer 3.7.3 kalroth edition such as xintensity and rawintensity modes besides the standard intensity mode form cgminer
Activity: 307
Merit: 102
Activity: 158
If the pool is designed to always mine the most profitable coin and the coin that the profitability is based on is litecoin then in theory we should never go below litecoins profitability as when litecoin is the most profitable then we are mining that

1. I think you should keep in mind that mining a coin which is more profitable then LTC do not necessarily mean that the coin will be sold
   with more profit to LTC.
2. There are more pools doing the same way (with also a lot of hashpower) and trying to sell the coins!

I think the best way is dividing clevermining in regional server (US/Europe/Asia/Afrika.....) and let this 'little' pools mining different coins
So 3-4 most profitable coins are mined.

just my 2 cent and stay tuned

btw: Tuned my rigs to sgminer with experimental kernel ===> hashpower up from 2.69MH/s to 2.71MH/s but WU: from 2.35M to 2.5M
and 1% rejects for 4hours........(i keep an eye on it)

@Terk keep on.........
Activity: 37
Merit: 1

This market has its ups and downs and if you take a look at 30-day chart http://www.clevermining.com/profits/30-days you can expect that better profits will come back soon, as usual.

Perhaps adding an "average" line on the 24hr and 30 day chart would further put some fears to rest.

To all those who think they could run the pool better, why don't you go try.  It is not as easy as it looks.

Terk, keep up the great work !!
Activity: 67

I'm not bitching (I actually like it here) - but -- this isn't a virtually free service at all (Terk is making 2%.  Total expected right now is 111 BTC, so when Terk closes that off to 0 that's 2.22 BTC in his pocket for 24-36 hours).

People have every right to complain - even if it's difficult to read the same complaint over and over again, just as you have every right to complain about people complaining, and then saying something completely untrue (suggesting that this is a free service).

No its virtually free.

Ugh, sounds like middlecoin all over again.  Yes, we get it, we can all leave if we don't like it.  We know where the door is.  Some people actually have constructive criticism to offer, and are invested in the success of this pool.  If *you* don't like critical posts in this thread, you can always find another thread.  The twitter and the main site has plenty of good info if you're just looking for pool updates.  Further, much to his credit, it really seems that the pool operator here is both attentive and receptive to suggestion (completely unlike H2o).  Big kudos to him for this.

To your point about this being a "virtually free service"....BS.  2% is *double* the pool standard for profit.  The fact that this *seems* low to you is irrelevant.  I work in the defense contracting industry, and standard fee for services is on the order of 6-8%.  If I were to ask for double this (without shifting to a different low-risk contract type), my proposal would hit the "round file" pretty much as soon as it was received.  

I think Clevermining is a great service, and I mine here over the others because Terk really seems to give a shit.  But we *are* customers paying for a service, and we do deserve some level of quality.  Don't forget that.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
If the pool is designed to always mine the most profitable coin and the coin that the profitability is based on is litecoin then in theory we should never go below litecoins profitability as when litecoin is the most profitable then we are mining that
Again, that's just variance. Sometimes you find more blocks, sometimes you don't find any for a while. Calculated profitability is just a hypothetical average over an infinite time span.

+1. If you think that going beyond the 'ideal' profitability of LTC mining means there is something wrong, you just need to study the economics and probability of cryptocurrency a bit longer
Activity: 117
Again, that's just variance. Sometimes you find more blocks, sometimes you don't find any for a while. Calculated profitability is just a hypothetical average over an infinite time span.
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
Activity: 117
Of course we mine directly LTC at the moments when it's the most profitable. But there's a variance and there are hours with more blocks found and hours with less blocks found.
No, my suggestion is to mine LTC exclusively for a while, ideally in coordination with the other big pools, to give all the smaller coins the chance to become more profitable again. Right now we're still switching between diff 16, diff 11, or diff 6 coins... only sometimes it's LTC or DOGE.
Activity: 2
I know everyone is upset with lower profits than we all are accustomed too.

Not everyone is upset. I am quite satisfied with the way this pool has responded to recent challenges. Your willingness to engage with the community is refreshing and reassuring.

Markets go up and down. Variance happens. No big deal.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
what should i do to lower my reject rates?I live in Turkey ,switched to eu server and still getting %10-11 rejects tried all  scan- time,que, expiry combinations none of them seem working for me.When i switched back to waflepool i get 0.22% rejects in 24 hours of time
Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Of course we mine directly LTC at the moments when it's the most profitable. But there's a variance and there are hours with more blocks found and hours with less blocks found.

Thank you for this line Terk. Now everyone calm down
Activity: 154
I will work to optimise the pool choices even more and maybe split our hashrate between couple of smaller coins. It will be easier when miners will be spread over more servers so I think I'll launch more regional servers now.

With many coins now using KGW to quickly adjust, it does sound like splitting hashrate over smaller coins is a good opportunity for profit.
Keep up the great work.

Poor Aurora without KGW is probably going to get stomped again though when they finally crunch through those blocks to get the difficulty down Smiley
Activity: 616
Merit: 522
I know everyone is upset with lower profits than we all are accustomed too. I don't like it too. These are just market conditions and we really can't do anything about it. All other pools have similar or even worse results.

I will work to optimise the pool choices even more and maybe split our hashrate between couple of smaller coins. It will be easier when miners will be spread over more servers so I think I'll launch more regional servers now. But these are small optimisations and the reality is that most of altcoins aren't that profitable now. This market has its ups and downs and if you take a look at 30-day chart http://www.clevermining.com/profits/30-days you can expect that better profits will come back soon, as usual.

The high unexchanged balance is a backlog of manual trades from couple of days ago. I will process them manually within 24 hours and it should be cleared out to pay tomorrow.
Activity: 19
To everyone who cries about CM vs LTC profitability. LTC would love your hash  Wink

You've got a point though. It's counterproductive to mine small coins when they don't yield significantly higher profits than LTC (i.e. the algorithm might predict that they're slightly better, but the benefit is smaller than variance). The combined hashpower of a pool only increases their difficulty and, thus, makes them even less profitable.

Terk should make some kind of agreement with h2odysee and poolwaffle to completely switch to LTC in situations like this. Just to give the small coins some 'room to breathe' for a while.

Or would this have bad side effects on the small coins?

Exactly this, as soon as its even close to becoming equal to or under the profitability of litecoin, the wisest thing to do would be to switch to litecoin until the profitability of altcoins increase this is just simple business.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
To everyone who cries about CM vs LTC profitability. LTC would love your hash  Wink

This. We have one day with profitability a bit less than LTC. That does not mean we are nosediving and will never see 10-20 days in a row of 110%+.  For every 150%+ day there will almost certainly be a <100% day.

If you cant handle varience like that, dont mine altcoins
Jump to: