Author

Topic: [ANN][AUTO-SWITCH] Profit-switch auto-exchange pool: CleverMining.com - page 203. (Read 554386 times)

Activity: 114
Merit: 10
hi! I recently joined the pool. Great service. Question, the last days of profit is less than the statistical. The situation under the influence of increasing the rate of Bitcoin? Or it is likely that the markets will go up the hill and back to the level of payments to 0.01?
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
Question about cgminer.conf; can I comment out lines?

It's just JSON so you should be able to comment out with //
Activity: 420
Merit: 263
let's make a deal.
This performance graph is also interesting.  we've been straddling ltc profitability for the last 2 days, and with profitability so competitive i've moved some rigs to litecoin directly.  

Activity: 19
I was one of the fools that decided to try my hand at one of the more profitable pools today, according to poolpicker.

If you take a look at the current graphs on poolpicker, you can probably guess which one I decided to moo-ve to.

Needless to say, at this point, all of my hash are belong to CleverMining.
Also I have a lot of unexchanged and unpaid coins on hashsCows for a 12 days
Activity: 1
I was one of the fools that decided to try my hand at one of the more profitable pools today, according to poolpicker.

If you take a look at the current graphs on poolpicker, you can probably guess which one I decided to moo-ve to.

Me too, tried 2 pools, 1 day each and I regret doing it, wasted my hashrate, I'm back to CleverMining
Activity: 4

Activity: 19
last couple days are not really great, profitability drop down  below 0.010 Mh/s per day which in most situation for people in europe it barely cover the electricity used. (based on Today's price of bitcoin)

Based on http://poolpicker.eu/ there is a better option to choose.. really appreciated the effort for fixing rejects and adding new servers but at the moment it's some better options with better profit.
That killing me, so look in the longer scale who wins Angry

HashsCows
https://i.imgur.com/lN62AkV.png
Middlecoin
https://i.imgur.com/EG5X05o.png
WafflePool
https://i.imgur.com/4bMqQeZ.png

I am sorry, ther is no SPOILERS
Activity: 2
I see a lot of complaining about people asking about high rejection rates, but are we any closer to figuring out if expiry and scan-time really have any effect on reject rates with CM?

In all my experiments with settings, I couldn't seem to find a combination that really made a difference.

Quote from: Kalroth

Also there's a lot of poor and misguided advice on how the expiry, scan-time and queue settings actually influence the rejections you're experiencing.
A lot of these settings were made for HTTP communication and not the much more efficient stratum protocol*.

--expiry
This setting defines how long time it takes before a work share is declared stale.
It is not used on stratum servers, since stratum servers supply it with work shares.
Only exception is when the statrum server is broken, then the setting is used as a fallback value.

Recommendation: Leave at default setting. Server will supply a proper setting.

To verify above simply follow the opt_expiry variable in cgminer.c source file.

--scan-time
This setting defines how long time, in seconds, the client should spend scanning current active work.
Again a setting that is not used on stratum servers, since stratum servers supply it with work shares.
Only exception is when the setting is lower than the server supplied setting, then it'll potentially generate more stale work.

Recommendation: Leave at default setting, which is 30 seconds for scrypt.

To verify above simply follow the opt_scantime variable in cgminer.c source file.

--queue
This setting defines how many work items you minimum got waiting in queue.
It is only relevant to prevent downtime when the stratum server is too slow at serving new work shares.

Recommendation: Leave at default setting, which is 1.

To verify above simply follow the opt_queue variable in cgminer.c source file.

* Stratum mining protocol: http://mining.bitcoin.cz/stratum-mining and https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-stratum-mining-protocol-asic-ready-108533

Thanks for reading.

Thank you for reposting this, but I did see it the first time.

However, after Kalroth posted, you theorized that CM is running a variant of stratum that may not supply values for expiry and scan-time. I was wondering if anyone had any luck in figuring out if that is the case or not.
Activity: 37
Merit: 1
the site is down for me 504, anyone else?

Same.  It usually is not down for long.  Prob just a reboot.

Edit...I hope  Smiley

Edit #2...it's back up  Smiley
Activity: 59
the site is down for me 504, anyone else?
Activity: 56
last couple days are not really great, profitability drop down  below 0.010 Mh/s per day which in most situation for people in europe it barely cover the electricity used. (based on Today's price of bitcoin)

Based on http://poolpicker.eu/ there is a better option to choose.. really appreciated the effort for fixing rejects and adding new servers but at the moment it's some better options with better profit.
Activity: 676
Merit: 500
mining on EU server

woohooo  Grin Grin Grin
Activity: 27
> 50% stales with stratum+tcp://us.clevermining.com:3333

nice idea ...

Other pools ~ 1-2%

It is a problem on your end, as most of us are not getting those results.

No problem here friend. Everything else is working fine.
That is one sick traceroute from Austin to us.clevermining.com

3.1% for me, there's something with your settings that isn't getting along well.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014
ex uno plures

nice idea ...

Other pools ~ 1-2%

No problem here friend. Everything else is working fine.
That is one sick traceroute from Austin to us.clevermining.com
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

nice idea ...

Other pools ~ 1-2%

What is the "immature" balance exactly? Google is failing me

Coins that have been mined, but haven't got enough confirmations to be sent to exchanged.
Activity: 158
Merit: 100

Immature coins are coins that were created in a block reward and haven't aged sufficiently, yet.

stay tuned
Activity: 50
Question about cgminer.conf; can I comment out lines?
Activity: 38
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014
ex uno plures

nice idea ...

Other pools ~ 1-2%
Activity: 378
Merit: 250