Author

Topic: [ANN][AUTO-SWITCH] Profit-switch auto-exchange pool: CleverMining.com - page 204. (Read 554386 times)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Hi,

I got two rigs, one with 4x radeon 7950 and one with 1x radeon 7950 (other 3 are coming)

I switched my main rig from us to eu serveur and mmy rejected went to 4 - 5 % from 10 - 14 % so it's really nice Smiley.

I got an other issue tho. I just added the rig with one gfx on the eu serveur  (with the other rig and the same wallet adress) but the little rig got 50 % rejected.

If i switch the little rig on the us serveur i got the normal 10 % rate.

So is there a kind of interference with two rigs on the same serveur  and same wallet adress ?
Activity: 58
how do i ping US server?

us.clevermining.com gives me times out
eu.clevermining.com gives me ~130ms ping

does that mean I should use eu server?

Ping is disabled on the us server, since the DDoS attack.

Which server you should use, depends on where you (your miners) are located.
If you are closer to Europe, use 'eu'. If you are closer to USA/Canada, use 'us'.

Be aware that eu is still in beta, but it seems to work really good. (Thanks Terk  Smiley )
Activity: 10
how do i ping US server?

us.clevermining.com gives me times out
eu.clevermining.com gives me ~130ms ping

does that mean I should use eu server?
Activity: 133
Merit: 100
I still have 0.02299687 Unexchanged in my account and total of 0.03119746 BTC expected - after 2 full days of no mining. I dont plan to mine until the pool implements single payouts, but in the meantime I would like to get my current balance. This is what I was talking about Terk, a few posts ago I mentioned the fact that a good number of BTC still sits in an account at any given time. So you are basically forced to mine to get that amount into a wallet, and then when I stop it just sits there and nothing happens to it. Its a cycle. There shouldnt be that much btc sitting idle.

14BoKmeYWwmBBWMWiuc7zeQw6puR7maK2R

It shouldn't take you long to mine 0.01BTC here.. I'm mining with 213Kh/s (+-3) temproarily until I can afford some hardware and I'm getting 0.01BTC every 3 days occasionally. You're not being "forced" to mine that amount, as stated on the website and several times on here quoted by other users "Payouts are automated as soon as your earned balance reaches 0.01 BTC(0.001 BTC for Sunday payment)." Terk has spent an unimaginable amount of time fixing, tweaking, adding etc for this pool trying to satisfy you and all you want is some silly manual payout option? Yeah, maybe in the future, but let him fix the shit first. Be patient like everyone else and don't keep checking your miners every 5 minutes.. Trust me, I've been there. You're BTC will be sent to your wallet eventually.
Activity: 34
A big Thank you to Terk .Really nice work on the EU server. Rejects nearly at 0%. I like people who are dedicated to what they are doing, and Terk is one of them. So people, stop whining about a bad day and see the whole picture...

+1
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
I still have 0.02299687 Unexchanged in my account and total of 0.03119746 BTC expected - after 2 full days of no mining. I dont plan to mine until the pool implements single payouts, but in the meantime I would like to get my current balance. This is what I was talking about Terk, a few posts ago I mentioned the fact that a good number of BTC still sits in an account at any given time. So you are basically forced to mine to get that amount into a wallet, and then when I stop it just sits there and nothing happens to it. Its a cycle. There shouldnt be that much btc sitting idle.

14BoKmeYWwmBBWMWiuc7zeQw6puR7maK2R
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Do you guys take the number on the web page as rejects?
Activity: 33

So for the first day in the last 21 days at poolpicker we are at the bottom for profitability.  However, we are still the most profitable over that same 21 day period.  Considering that Terk has been working feverishly to open up new servers, and answer everybody's "I put my address in wrong" and "rejects" complaints...I think we are doing just fine. 

Thanks Terk,
Keep up the good work.
Activity: 208
I see a lot of complaining about people asking about high rejection rates, but are we any closer to figuring out if expiry and scan-time really have any effect on reject rates with CM?

In all my experiments with settings, I couldn't seem to find a combination that really made a difference.

Quote from: Kalroth

Also there's a lot of poor and misguided advice on how the expiry, scan-time and queue settings actually influence the rejections you're experiencing.
A lot of these settings were made for HTTP communication and not the much more efficient stratum protocol*.

--expiry
This setting defines how long time it takes before a work share is declared stale.
It is not used on stratum servers, since stratum servers supply it with work shares.
Only exception is when the statrum server is broken, then the setting is used as a fallback value.

Recommendation: Leave at default setting. Server will supply a proper setting.

To verify above simply follow the opt_expiry variable in cgminer.c source file.

--scan-time
This setting defines how long time, in seconds, the client should spend scanning current active work.
Again a setting that is not used on stratum servers, since stratum servers supply it with work shares.
Only exception is when the setting is lower than the server supplied setting, then it'll potentially generate more stale work.

Recommendation: Leave at default setting, which is 30 seconds for scrypt.

To verify above simply follow the opt_scantime variable in cgminer.c source file.

--queue
This setting defines how many work items you minimum got waiting in queue.
It is only relevant to prevent downtime when the stratum server is too slow at serving new work shares.

Recommendation: Leave at default setting, which is 1.

To verify above simply follow the opt_queue variable in cgminer.c source file.

* Stratum mining protocol: http://mining.bitcoin.cz/stratum-mining and https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-stratum-mining-protocol-asic-ready-108533

Thanks for reading.
Activity: 158
Are those

Code:
Rejected untracked stratum share from pool 0

shares being count as accepts?

Just my 2 cents.

I'am using cgminer 3.7.3 (kalroth cgminer 3.7.2) no problems und running smooth with us.clevermining.com
Just peaks of rejects and stales (round about 4%-8%) ---> for me  problems with miner settings (queue/expiry/scan-time)

I can manage my miners with cgremote and the rejects and stales are identical in cgremote, at the miner-console
and at server side !

Today i switched to eu.clevermining.com:

1. The rejects at the server are going to 0% but
2. the console and my cgremote are showing from 75% to 85% rejects.

I changed only one thing in the configuration: i put in an extra fail-over-server (us.clevermining.com) at the second place.
(there are more than one fail-over-server in the config)

Just wonderful, no stales and rejects at server-side but a lot at my side.
i think these are not really rejects and are results from:

Rejected untracked stratum share from pool 0

This situation is not usable for me, because i a can not differ 'real' and 'fake' rejects.

So i downloaded sgminer 4.1.0 cut of 2 lines out of cgminer.conf renamed it to sgminer.conf and start.....

WoW

No/few rejects at server side and same amount at my side (at the console and cgremote)
and at least and the very best 1-5% more  WU: (after 2h)

Have a nice evening and

@Terk ...........many thanks for the eu-server and your fabulous work ! *chapeau*  Shocked

Activity: 187
EU server really rocks. after 4 hours I have 0.2% reject.
Activity: 208
Using fail-over only and europe as the primary server, rejects for the last 3hrs are 0.8% and no stales.
Activity: 44
  How can we use the QUOTA on a bat file?
I imagine you just specify --quota or -U instead of --url or -o. eg.
Code:
-U 1;stratum+tcp://eu.clevermining.com:3333
instead of
Code:
-o stratum+tcp://eu.clevermining.com:3333

Thanks so much for your help, it works  Smiley   I could make it work on the bat file even after read many times the cgminer readme, I was making a mistake.
Activity: 22
Is the realtime hashrate calculator still messed up? I am only showing 65 k/h when im mining 1.2 mhash

It should work fine. There must be something wrong if the difference is so high. Did you try to restart your miners and make sure they haven't switched to some other backup pool?

I just reset them so we will see. They were reporting fine, though.
Activity: 616
Merit: 522
Terk, which link i must use to right mining
now i mine to nl.clevermining.com and its working magnificently, Cheesy
but maybe i must use eu.clevermining.com since it was so conceived  Huh
I joined the NL as I see that all requests to EU redirected to NL

Both addresses are fine, eu is an alias for nl (Netherlands). I just named the server after the country in case there would be more European servers in the future but created an alias that would be easier to remember. You can use whichever you want, there's no difference.
Activity: 616
Merit: 522
Is the realtime hashrate calculator still messed up? I am only showing 65 k/h when im mining 1.2 mhash

It should work fine. There must be something wrong if the difference is so high. Did you try to restart your miners and make sure they haven't switched to some other backup pool?
Activity: 19
Terk, which link i must use to right mining
now i mine to nl.clevermining.com and its working magnificently, Cheesy
but maybe i must use eu.clevermining.com since it was so conceived  Huh
I joined the NL as I see that all requests to EU redirected to NL
Activity: 22
Activity: 51
   How can we use the QUOTA on a bat file?
I imagine you just specify --quota or -U instead of --url or -o. eg.
Code:
-U 1;stratum+tcp://eu.clevermining.com:3333
instead of
Code:
-o stratum+tcp://eu.clevermining.com:3333
Activity: 2
A big Thank you to Terk .Really nice work on the EU server. Rejects nearly at 0%. I like people who are dedicated to what they are doing, and Terk is one of them. So people, stop whining about a bad day and see the whole picture...

Jump to: