Author

Topic: [ANN][AUTO-SWITCH] Profit-switch auto-exchange pool: CleverMining.com - page 214. (Read 554387 times)

Activity: 81
Merit: 10
rejects be damned, EU servers be damned, people who cant enter their BTC address be damned.  

I am ready for Terk to get back to investing his time into algorithm and profitably work.

The other stuff yeah, but why EU servers be damnes? Us in EU dont deserve a low latency server?
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Clarification post for people that don't read the thread.

Why are my rejects rate so high?
The high rejects is because we mine very quick coins, and we switch very quickly. You can check the pool-wide reject rate on your stats page. Compare it to your CGWatcher reject rate, not the one on the site.

When will EU, Asia and the 2nd US server be up?
Once Terk has fixed all backend problems and fought the DDoS attacks we are having. The only ETA is soon.

What is the pool fee?
2% for now.

Why haven't I gotten a payout after a week?
Check that you are using your BTC address as username, and not one like "byt411.miner". Your username should be your BTC address only, nothing else.
If you find out that you used the wrong one, PM Terk and he will fix it once he has time.

Why is there such a high "Unexchanged" balance?
This is because some coins are traded manually.
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
rejects be damned, EU servers be damned, people who cant enter their BTC address be damned.  

I am ready for Terk to get back to investing his time into algorithm and profitably work.

You sir, deserve a beer.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
My rejects on Clever are >20%, but I'm at 2.4% at Waffle... Sorry, I can't switch until there is a better explanation than "we're mining fast coins." I have a hard time believing Clever is doing anything so substantially different than other profit-switching pools that it causes rejects like this.

The fact that you have 2.4% rejects on Waffle shows you have a problem on your end. The 20% rejects on Clever you are seeing is just amplifying your personal miner issues. 

Realistically you should be seeing less than 0.8% rejects on Waffle with their conservative coins and regional servers.  How about fixing your miner first and then try again.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Anyone know if the "accepted hash" shown on /users/ is correct figure and is what the server got based on share send ?
Activity: 33

Activity: 112
My rejects on Clever are >20%, but I'm at 2.4% at Waffle... Sorry, I can't switch until there is a better explanation than "we're mining fast coins." I have a hard time believing Clever is doing anything so substantially different than other profit-switching pools that it causes rejects like this.
Activity: 27
Pretty weak profitability today, is there a certain reason for that? (Wafflepool is doing better, so it can't just be market fluctuations.)

It's fluctuations. Whatever we decided to mine is making less than what waffle is mining. What I want to know if what has hashcows been mining lately to have such a big jump in profitability. http://poolpicker.eu/

I'm sure we'll even out again soon though.
Activity: 47
Still no EU server?Huh

What is going on ?   Shocked
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Thanks for a reply.
But what I was wondering is how the pool calculates pool difficulty for a particular worker.
Which will be more optimal and preferable from server side, having all rigs under one login or split them individually.

VARDIFF makes no difference to your profits. Small rig or large rig. Doesn't matter. It's been explained on this forum and every other pool forum. You can read up on it.

It doesn't matter, AS LONG AS THE REJECTS ARE CLOSE TO ZERO.

No. It doesn't matter. Ever. Period.
+1

I think it does. Otherwise tuning vardiff would not exist.
On wemineltc I am receiving various difficulties ranging from 64 to 600 depending on the particular rig's hashing power.
Taking into account that there is only one server in US and reject ratio is high due to latency I suspect that that it matters even more.
Currently i see across all rigs that difficulty is set to 512. Might be hard coded value.

Since clevermining is still in development I wonder what is Terk's opinion.

Should we use separate btc addresses for each mining rig?!
Is he working on sub-workers. Like for example "btcaddress_worker1"?!
Or should we just use one address for all of them?!

What is Terk's preference on this?

Sure vardiff matters, the guy just doesn't understand.

You're the one who doesn't understand. I'm tired of explaining it, it has been done about a billion times before, just use the search function.
The only way vardiff affects your profits is that it increases the CPU load on the server, therefore increases the costs for the pool operator, therefore makes a higher fee necessary and thus slightly reduces your payouts in the end.
Let them think it matters. Ignorance is bliss.
Activity: 117
Thanks for a reply.
But what I was wondering is how the pool calculates pool difficulty for a particular worker.
Which will be more optimal and preferable from server side, having all rigs under one login or split them individually.

VARDIFF makes no difference to your profits. Small rig or large rig. Doesn't matter. It's been explained on this forum and every other pool forum. You can read up on it.

It doesn't matter, AS LONG AS THE REJECTS ARE CLOSE TO ZERO.

No. It doesn't matter. Ever. Period.
+1

I think it does. Otherwise tuning vardiff would not exist.
On wemineltc I am receiving various difficulties ranging from 64 to 600 depending on the particular rig's hashing power.
Taking into account that there is only one server in US and reject ratio is high due to latency I suspect that that it matters even more.
Currently i see across all rigs that difficulty is set to 512. Might be hard coded value.

Since clevermining is still in development I wonder what is Terk's opinion.

Should we use separate btc addresses for each mining rig?!
Is he working on sub-workers. Like for example "btcaddress_worker1"?!
Or should we just use one address for all of them?!

What is Terk's preference on this?

Sure vardiff matters, the guy just doesn't understand.

You're the one who doesn't understand. I'm tired of explaining it, it has been done about a billion times before, just use the search function.
The only way vardiff affects your profits is that it increases the CPU load on the server, therefore increases the costs for the pool operator, therefore makes a higher fee necessary and thus slightly reduces your payouts in the end.
Activity: 117
Pretty weak profitability today, is there a certain reason for that? (Wafflepool is doing better, so it can't just be market fluctuations.)
Activity: 307
Merit: 102
why is my rejection rate so high?

can someone help me please

almost impossible to say why YOUR rejection rate is high , may be your settings, your cards your connection etc...one thing that helped me is to lower intensity to 18 that reduced it to just about 5%but again your settings and cards and OS are prob not the same as mine
Activity: 676
Merit: 500
just trolling  Cool

ill catch a train when EU server is on
Activity: 266
6.9% reject? Is that an indirect pool fee?
Activity: 676
Merit: 500
why is my rejection rate so high?

can someone help me please
Activity: 156
i wish for a 9" dick, a 6 figure salary and a choice of cars in my garage. 3 more things in the last two posts that are never going to happen.

Perhaps an FAQ is required.
Activity: 208
cgminer.exe --script -o stratum+tcp://us.clevermining.com:3333 -u YOUR_BTC_ADDRESS -p anything. when I run this bat file, it started to have a lot of reject share.  can anyone please help me with this bat file.

I am running r9 290 (non x)

not until you properly trawl thru this thread, like the last 10 pages or so....

i really wish people would read (this thread) before they post asking for help.
Activity: 420
cgminer.exe --script -o stratum+tcp://us.clevermining.com:3333 -u YOUR_BTC_ADDRESS -p anything. when I run this bat file, it started to have a lot of reject share.  can anyone please help me with this bat file.

I am running r9 290 (non x)
Activity: 2
Oh okay, thanks for the heads up, will do.
Jump to: