Author

Topic: [ANN][AUTO-SWITCH] Profit-switch auto-exchange pool: CleverMining.com - page 225. (Read 554387 times)

Activity: 208
Merit: 100
You know, the best way I see to put this reject difference between pools stuff to bed would be a simple test: given two identical optimized rigs (largish ones to help combat variance) with identical configurations, each pointed to a different pool, run them for exactly the same amount of time for at least one week. Compare total payouts. Best payout wins.

I may do that this weekend (I'll have to do some calculations on power draws first when switching things around to make identical setups though - back of the napkin math says should work at ~2.5M/h each for the two older rigs I have in mind for rearranging for this) unless someone else is already doing this and wishes to share with the class

Have to run them at the same time to rule out market fluctuations, if this isn't already known.
Activity: 356
Merit: 255
You know, the best way I see to put this reject difference between pools stuff to bed would be a simple test: given two identical optimized rigs (largish ones to help combat variance) with identical configurations, each pointed to a different pool, run them for exactly the same amount of time for at least one week. Compare total payouts. Best payout wins.

I may do that this weekend (I'll have to do some calculations on power draws first when switching things around to make identical setups though - back of the napkin math says should work at ~2.5M/h each for the two older rigs I have in mind for rearranging for this) unless someone else is already doing this and wishes to share with the class
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
On rejection complaints:

Most, if not all of rejection complaints are coming from people with little to no experience in mining.  Hashing Xmh/s doesn't make you experts at mining, it just mean you have much $$ to throw around.

What you all fail to understand is that mining has MANY variables and you can't just implement 1 setting to all pools.  Here @ CM, fast coins are mined as SAID MANY TIMES BEFORE.  That means you need to make adjustments in your config file to make it suitable. It's NOT ONE SIZE FITS ALL.

Here's my suggestion: Read up and understand how mining works.  Yes, that means study it.  In this instant gratification world, I know it's something hard to do, but that's what it takes.  Otherwise your rejection will continue to be high.  Guess what?  It's your own damn fault.  Many good suggestion were posted in this thread, but obviously you all are too lazy to look it up OR understand how it works.

Since the fix implementation of about week ago, Terk has done what he could to bring rejections down.  I have less than 5% rejection running for good week now.  Experienced miners already made the changes and are doing just fine.  Newbs are ones that can't grasp this concept.

On server complaints:

Have patience.  

Have a nice day.

I've seen this response almost every time someone asks about rejects.  It's basically "blah blah blah, you need to learn about mining and making changes to your config, but I'm not going to provide you with any other information it's secret to me you're too new blah blah blah".

It's getting tiring.  A few people have suggested adjustments to queue length, scan time and expiry time - and others explained why increasing or decreasing would have an impact on multipool vs. standard coin (this was great advice).

What other advice can we share to tweak our configs?  (instead of hoarding it).

Having a great time ryan? its amazing no other pools have probs
Quick question, my one miner seems to occasionally lose Internet connection or switch to my fail over. It gets stuck however when reconnecting and just stops doing anything. Is there a setting I can add to restart the program if it doesn't do anything for a while?

same thing here , any command line option ? be much appreciated

CGWatcher? works good for me, restart miner/computer if needed

Will this work with SGMiner?

Try it and find out, is it so hard?

Do the k/hash rate change from pool to another pool?Because i was getting 910k/hash from europe.mine-litecoin.com and today switch to this and gettiing 840k/hash.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5424508

People aren't obviously reading or doing their research, is it a wonder why I'm so cranky.
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
I have zero rejects. I just clear statistics each second Smiley

On more serious note. Is the address[_worker] feature available? There is no mention of it on the page. But I saw one post here mentioning it. Does it group workers under address overview too?
Activity: 42
On rejection complaints:

Most, if not all of rejection complaints are coming from people with little to no experience in mining.  Hashing Xmh/s doesn't make you experts at mining, it just mean you have much $$ to throw around.

What you all fail to understand is that mining has MANY variables and you can't just implement 1 setting to all pools.  Here @ CM, fast coins are mined as SAID MANY TIMES BEFORE.  That means you need to make adjustments in your config file to make it suitable. It's NOT ONE SIZE FITS ALL.

Here's my suggestion: Read up and understand how mining works.  Yes, that means study it.  In this instant gratification world, I know it's something hard to do, but that's what it takes.  Otherwise your rejection will continue to be high.  Guess what?  It's your own damn fault.  Many good suggestion were posted in this thread, but obviously you all are too lazy to look it up OR understand how it works.

Since the fix implementation of about week ago, Terk has done what he could to bring rejections down.  I have less than 5% rejection running for good week now.  Experienced miners already made the changes and are doing just fine.  Newbs are ones that can't grasp this concept.

On server complaints:

Have patience.  

Have a nice day.

I tweaked a lot. Even tried intensity 8 still high reject percentage 30%+ but it's okay i am still getting 0.009 - 0.01 per day.
Activity: 378
Do the k/hash rate change from pool to another pool?Because i was getting 910k/hash from europe.mine-litecoin.com and today switch to this and gettiing 840k/hash.
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
Activity: 27
Quick question, my one miner seems to occasionally lose Internet connection or switch to my fail over. It gets stuck however when reconnecting and just stops doing anything. Is there a setting I can add to restart the program if it doesn't do anything for a while?

same thing here , any command line option ? be much appreciated

CGWatcher? works good for me, restart miner/computer if needed

Will this work with SGMiner?

For what its worth I'm sitting on 3% rejects (rejects+stales) with my most recent settings and a WU of 665 shares/min. This is what I am sitting on after 18hrs of mining.

I'm in Australia with just an adsl2+ connection (not great but ok).

What ping do you have?

No doubt due to ddos protection ping replies is disabled, so pinging us.clevermining.com resluts in "request timed out".
Activity: 44

For what its worth I'm sitting on 3% rejects (rejects+stales) with my most recent settings and a WU of 665 shares/min. This is what I am sitting on after 18hrs of mining.

What ping do you have?
Activity: 63
On rejection complaints:

On server complaints:

Have patience.  

Have a nice day.

I've seen this response almost every time someone asks about rejects.  It's basically "blah blah blah, you need to learn about mining and making changes to your config, but I'm not going to provide you with any other information it's secret to me you're too new blah blah blah".

It's getting tiring.  A few people have suggested adjustments to queue length, scan time and expiry time - and others explained why increasing or decreasing would have an impact on multipool vs. standard coin (this was great advice).

Getting asked about rejects over and over and over and over and over and over.  Repeatedly.  In different threads even.  THAT shit is getting old, and why you see old timers getting butthurt.  ALL the information you want to know, could know, would ever NEED to know is contained in these forums.  Search them.
Activity: 11
0.013btc/day per MH/s
READ, READ, READ..

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5422472
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5424508

Some help and settings for you to try. If trying the aforementioned doesn't help and you've let the miner run for 2hrs+ (lets reject rate and wu stabilise) then post, but make sure you state what you have tried. It doesn't help that people posting have little or no post activity and then expect help.

Activity: 45
On rejection complaints:

On server complaints:

Have patience.  

Have a nice day.

Activity: 5
On rejection complaints:

On server complaints:

Have patience.  

Have a nice day.
Activity: 117
asia server please..

From post 1...

Quote from: Terk

All technical problems has been solved!
Rejected ratio is back low again.
You are very welcomed to come back mining with us again!
See this post for details
We're now focused on launching EU and Asia servers.

Activity: 366
asia server please..
Activity: 111
I see good numbers with queue "1", expiry "30" and scan-time "15". Much better WUE and less rejected percentage with this setting. 

If I change to queue "0"; WUE drops, rejects go up and the miner becomes unstable.

Jump to: