Author

Topic: [ANN][AUTO-SWITCH] Profit-switch auto-exchange pool: CleverMining.com - page 228. (Read 554387 times)

Activity: 117
Merit: 10
When clevermining comes back online, will my cgminer reconnect to it automatically, or will it stay on my failover pool until I restart it?

Failover mode means it will constantly check if your previous pool is back online and reconnect to it ASAP.
For loads of info like this, just check out the readme.txt that's probably in your cgminer folder... or here: http://www.lurkmore.com/wiki/Cgminer_3.1.1_README.txt
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
When clevermining comes back online, will my cgminer reconnect to it automatically, or will it stay on my failover pool until I restart it?
Activity: 45
someone trip over the power cord? hehe
Activity: 22
yup, connection interrupted  Sad
I'm getting: [00:55:03] Pool 0 stratum+tcp://us.clevermining.com:3333 not responding!
Anyone else?

Yes. I'm mining to my failover pool now. I imagine Terk is doing something with the servers to bring them all online. He may have had to take the US sever down for a few minutes.
Activity: 27
Nonstop stratum disconnects for me here
I'm getting: [00:55:03] Pool 0 stratum+tcp://us.clevermining.com:3333 not responding!
Anyone else?
It looks like we have been pretty lucky the past few hours!

https://i.imgur.com/k20HC2P.jpg?1
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
Normally I'm not someone to nag, but EU server launch was scheduled for Wednesday, then Thursday, and now it's Friday where I live... I understand that solving technical difficulties takes time, but please only make promises you can hold. I was already anxiously waiting. Tongue
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
I'm currently running queue:1, expiry: 30, and scan-time: 30

Are these okay settings, or should I change something to reduce reject rate?
Much too high for a fast switching pool.
Queue should always be 0.  Some people like expiry 1, scan-time 1, but I find this excessive.

I use: queue 0, expiry 10, scan-time 5.

Setting to  -w 256 fixed my reject problem. I am getting almost no rejects at all.
I highly doubt that... you're probably just mining a different coin now - you can't judge rejects on a multi-pool over a short period of time. You need days to see the effect of settings on rejects, and even then they will probably be skewed.  Only way to really test is to compare side-by-side, and even then it'll be skewed by luck.

I thought worksize was forced by the server to 512 in this case?
Worksize != difficulty.
why are people talking about worksize and difficulty ?

-w command in cgminer has nothing to do with the static difficulty.
Activity: 56
That's great news.

If you are getting less rejects than the ave pool reject rate in your user dashboard that is good news.
Setting to  -w 256 fixed my reject problem. I am getting almost no rejects at all.

I thought worksize was forced by the server to 512 in this case?
Setting to  -w 256 fixed my reject problem. I am getting almost no rejects at all.
Overall it's nice to see that reject are lower but with KGW implemented  in most of new coins profit's will go down even more...

In addition to this is looking like with more people on boat profits are lower then in beta testings... 

Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Get ready for PrimeDice Sig Campaign!
The reject rate is confirmed fixed for me. I live in eastern america, in Toronto, Canada (near New York). I get 1-3% rejects, which is actually better than most non-profit switching pool. Nice work terk!
Activity: 158
Merit: 100
Hi

if you use this this way : just one command i think cgminer will use for all other not mentioned parameters the defaults or detected
optimal parameter

So just create a cgminer.conf and play with scan-time expiry  and queue

Mine is same as yours except I have -w256 in mine where as I do not see that in yours.

Try it and keep us updated.

Hope it helps.
Is there  a worksize to set? I dont have one set. Im getting a large number of rejects using the same settings that another pool/coin give no rejects. Heres my settings for 2 7970's giving 1.1Mh/s. Anything to change?

cgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://us.clevermining.com:3333 -u 1DJoPhTG5iS9dLZCXiYbdd1Kw8UYJrVjZe -p anything --thread-concurrency 8192 -g 2 -I 13 --gpu-fan 85 --temp-overheat 84 --temp-cutoff 85 --gpu-engine 1020 --gpu-memclock 1450
Jump to: