Author

Topic: [ANN][AUTO-SWITCH] Profit-switch auto-exchange pool: CleverMining.com - page 231. (Read 554387 times)

Activity: 117
Merit: 10
This caused MEGA stales for me, like 40%.

Not too surprising, given that --expiry simply changes the definition of what a "stale" share is.

--expiry|-E    Upper bound on how many seconds after getting work we consider a share from it stale (default: 120)

So with --expiry 1 you're defining any share as stale if it's older than 1 second. Pointless. And probably doesn't even have any effect, because you're submitting it anyway (like you should).
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
waffle earns me less than half of clever in any 24 hour mining shift.

Thats must be your problem, my tests are ends that both pools earning aproximate the same ...
Activity: 14
waffle earns me less than half of clever in any 24 hour mining shift.
Activity: 23
crikey profit has dropped through the floor!

Wafflepool hashrate has spiked bigtime as well. Coincidence ?

https://i.imgur.com/gjfOw3x.gif
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Seriously, is that even a question?
If there are no profitable coins, then the profit cannot go up for anyone.... No coincidence, same with middlecoin and others.
Activity: 175
Merit: 100

Activity: 175
Like many of you, I have been pulling my hair out due to very high rejects.  Sometimes upwards of 50%.  Very frustrating as I've never seen such high levels before.

I went through this entire thread and saw this post:

--expiry 1 --queue 1 --scan-time 1

after 1hr 1/2, reject is at 10.5%
after 6hrs, reject is at 8.5%

Hmmm.   So I changed just those three settings.  Left Intensity at 20 and everything else just like the other pools.

And BAM!   This happened...like magic!  

Individual GPU stats in cgminer show greatly reduced rejects.  The consolidated rejects at the top of cgminer are still abnormally high, but those seem to be due to the "untracked stratum" errors that have recently popped up.  Regardless, I am very happy.

THANK YOU PENGOAU!

Oh...and Terk...looking forward to that NY server.  My backyard!

This caused MEGA stales for me, like 40%.

Activity: 79
I run GUIMiner-Scrypt (trying to learn SGMiner atm). I was running the newest version out with the green and white icon. I have noticed the stales I produce far out weigh the accepted I have been getting for the last 21 days or so. This is only an issue on my 280x's and 290's. 1 5870 and 1 6970 both run fine with the newer version. I tried dropping intensity down, overclocks down and everything else I could think of.

I have been testing an older version I had on a flash drive from about a year ago for about 2 hours. The orange icon one. My stale numbers have dropped signifcantly so far. I am going to run over night this way to verify.

Does anyone else use GUIMiner or is it pretty much just me? If so, which version do you use and what cards and accepted/stale ratios do you get? I'd be interested to see if anyone else has this issue and if this is a solid fix for it.

Keep up the great work Terk! Remember; haters gonna hate! Smiley   Off to bed. My Norco is making me loopy (maybe that's why SGMiner isn't making any sense tonight)

And if anyone is interested - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5392264
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1036
Your hashrate shouldn't matter. You will just receive a proportionally smaller payout.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
is clevermining.com worthly if I only have at least 1600 kh/s? and not like 2000-7000 kh/s like other people does?
Activity: 616
Merit: 522
Multi-region architecture still needs some finishing and testing. I'll continue working on it in the morning so the final ETA on new servers is Thursday afternoon.
Activity: 120
Like many of you, I have been pulling my hair out due to very high rejects.  Sometimes upwards of 50%.  Very frustrating as I've never seen such high levels before.

I went through this entire thread and saw this post:

--expiry 1 --queue 1 --scan-time 1

after 1hr 1/2, reject is at 10.5%
after 6hrs, reject is at 8.5%

Hmmm.   So I changed just those three settings.  Left Intensity at 20 and everything else just like the other pools.

And BAM!   This happened...like magic!  

Individual GPU stats in cgminer show greatly reduced rejects.  The consolidated rejects at the top of cgminer are still abnormally high, but those seem to be due to the "untracked stratum" errors that have recently popped up.  Regardless, I am very happy.

THANK YOU PENGOAU!

Oh...and Terk...looking forward to that NY server.  My backyard!
Activity: 13
I suppose some people may ask why mine here?  My answer is simple.  The operator of this pool provides the best and quickest amount of information I've encountered to date.  He earned my patience and trust during the first week I started here.  That and my profits here have been better than any other pool I've mined with, hands down.  Naturally, results for other people may vary.  It's all individual.

QFT.
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912
The Concierge of Crypto
1. Launch additional servers. Launching servers is quick and easy, the most time goes to making multi-region architecture so that these servers won't be separate pools but everything would go into one bucket and profits will be distributed among users based on proportional hashpower contributed, regardless on which server they use.

All good, but I like the first point. I'm in Asia. Smiley (But really, it doesn't matter as much as people think.)

I think the important thing is uptime. Dunno about others, but you can set your rigs to have several pools. If clevermining has more than one, I'll just list them all, with "failover-only" : true.

Like this example:
Code:
{
 "url" : "stratum+tcp://ph.clevermining.com:3333",
 "user" : "1DabsXmraEr18jdEryck8jzcFku873xmRf",
 "pass" : "x"
 },
 {
 "url" : "stratum+tcp://us.clevermining.com:3333",
 },
 {
 "url" : "stratum+tcp://eu.clevermining.com:3333",
 },
 {
 "url" : "stratum+tcp://northpole.clevermining.com:3333",
 },
 {
 "url" : "stratum+tcp://southpole.clevermining.com:3333",
 },
 {
 "url" : "stratum+tcp://spacestation.clevermining.com:3333",
 },
 "url" : "stratum+tcp://moon.clevermining.com:3333",
 },
 "url" : "stratum+tcp://sun.clevermining.com:3333",
 },
Activity: 616
Merit: 522
Thanks @tpaclassic, I appreciate it.

I know that I can do better in terms of providing easy to find information. I just have so much on my plate.

My current roadmap is:

1. Launch additional servers. Launching servers is quick and easy, the most time goes to making multi-region architecture so that these servers won't be separate pools but everything would go into one bucket and profits will be distributed among users based on proportional hashpower contributed, regardless on which server they use.

2. Make a script to quickly merge accounts for people who mistakenly entered wrong username, then corrected it and have two accounts they'd like to merge. I have several people waiting for this and I appreciate your patience. I want to let you know that I'll handle this as the first task after launching new servers.

3. Remake user stats pages/dashboard to provide more information, in more clear way.

4. Remake FAQ to include all the questions that keep repeating. Create a news section on the website and communicate all important announces over there. Create a table of contents with list to these news and/or to my important posts in this thread and keep it in the first post of the thread.

The fourth point is my take on doing better in providing easy to find information. I know it's hard to find something in a 75-page thread which is constantly growing.
Activity: 24
I never said do not complain.  I said to stop complaining over and over again.  Sure, if something seems really wrong, by all means say something!  But not to the point where you're stating it multiple times on every other page.  More often than not, someone else or even multiple people have also mentioned the same problem.  By that time, it's definitely known and no amount of hissy fits is going to make things fixed quicker.

Assuming he knows about a problem and not complaining, is just asking for trouble. At the end of the day we can't read his mind.

People should read this thread, terks posts and the faq before asking for help though.
Activity: 208
Assuming he knows about a problem and not complaining, is just asking for trouble. At the end of the day we can't read his mind.

People should read this thread, terks posts and the faq before asking for help though.
Activity: 24
I am definitely not the longest running member here.  However, I have been mining with this pool for 19 days now and have a few suggestions for people who can't bother to read Terk's posts.

First, you can use the search bar top right search for "terk".  He has a bright orange rectangle under his name to make his posts very easy to spot.  His posts will answer 90% of what you will probably ask.  The rest of your questions probably have been answered elsewhere in the thread.  Use the search box to help narrow down your findings.

Second, more complaining definitely will not highlight issues and get certain things done quicker.  From what I've seen of my 19 days here, he is very aware of when a problem occurs and looks into it immediately.  It may require several days to fix as server fixes generally need a day or two minimum for patch testing.  Keep that in mind.  Basically, just be patient.  If you can't be patient, no one will fault you for going elsewhere.

Third, again, be patient!  I see so many people on every single page asking when something will be done, updated, rolled out, etc that it becomes rather tiresome to see the same thing being asked over and over and over again.  Especially when asked by the same people, instead of waiting for a response or even asking right after Terk has posted some information!

Regarding transactions, you will receive your payout.  I've personally had some payouts take a little more than 30 hours before something showed up.  I've always been patient and they've always shown up.  It all evens out in the end.  Some transactions take longer than others due to the type of coin.  Terk has already stated this several times throughout the entire thread and it becomes general knowledge after you've been mining on multi-pools for some time.  I'm about 7 months in on multi-pools in general.

Fourth, Terk is on the job, always!  From what I've seen during my time here, the guy has worked his ass off to get things running stable and is working on expanding the pool even farther with new servers.  Instead of constantly asking when a new server will be up, let him get things done.  If you have a legitimate problem, such as an accidentally entered in btc address, please do inquire with him.  If you want to keep asking about the status of something, stop it already.  He's working on it!  The more time he has to spend here answering impatient people is less time he can spend on his to-do list.

And lastly, there is no need for people to clutter up this thread with "that other pool is better than this one, I'm going back there!" type of posts.  Just go if you don't want to be here, please.

I suppose some people may ask why mine here?  My answer is simple.  The operator of this pool provides the best and quickest amount of information I've encountered to date.  He earned my patience and trust during the first week I started here.  That and my profits here have been better than any other pool I've mined with, hands down.  Naturally, results for other people may vary.  It's all individual.
Activity: 208
try

--expiry 1 --scan-time 1 --queue 0

to reduce your rejects, gives me about 4.2% after 14hrs.

I think thats the best setting I can hope for, as I have a 280x my intensity is already at 13.

Which gets me 750 kH/sec and WU of 650/m
Activity: 23
Strange, I am seeing the same thing.  I have a new transaction that already has 4 confirmations, but the prior transaction - over 2 hours ago, still has zero.  Unfortunately the one with zero confirmations is .11 BTC, almost

Different transactions have different priority. https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Transaction_fees If it is on blockchain there's nothing to fear (if i'm wrong please someone correct me) :-p just sit back, relax, and wait ;-)
Jump to: