Author

Topic: [ANN][AUTO-SWITCH] Profit-switch auto-exchange pool: CleverMining.com - page 275. (Read 554387 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
A lot of talk about high reject ratios here, and a few that mention "Rejected untracked stratum share".
I am using sgminer, and getting a LOT of "Rejected untracked stratum share". I notice that those don't seem to count towards the normal R: % number for my GPU, so I left the miner to run to investigate what the stats will look like on the server.

The stats on the server seem to indicate that those strange rejects are not actually rejects, and the shares are getting accepted correctly! And I have <3% reject ratio on middlecoin and wafflepool, with exactly the same settings in sgminer, so it can't be something too wrong on my end.

Here are the relevant messages getting if I turn on verbose mode in sgminer:

Code:
[01:16:33] Rejected untracked stratum share from Pool 0
[01:16:33] Unknown stratum msg: {"error": null, "id": 0, "result": [["mining.notify", "***ID REMOVED FOR PRIVACY***"], "00005725", 4]}

which looks to be coming from the following stack:
parse_stratum_response()
https://github.com/veox/sgminer/blob/master/sgminer.c#L5097
stratum_rthread()
https://github.com/veox/sgminer/blob/master/sgminer.c#L5336

And the stratum msg looks like a successful result, so either sgminer isn't parsing the message correctly, or the server is sending garbage.

I can't be arsed to set up the windows environment to compile and attach a debugger to see what exactly is failing, so maybe someone else will do that with this information.

Thoughts?
i think owner should establish extra europe server to load balance!
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
A lot of talk about high reject ratios here, and a few that mention "Rejected untracked stratum share".
I am using sgminer, and getting a LOT of "Rejected untracked stratum share". I notice that those don't seem to count towards the normal R: % number for my GPU, so I left the miner to run to investigate what the stats will look like on the server.

The stats on the server seem to indicate that those strange rejects are not actually rejects, and the shares are getting accepted correctly! And I have <3% reject ratio on middlecoin and wafflepool, with exactly the same settings in sgminer, so it can't be something too wrong on my end.

Here are the relevant messages getting if I turn on verbose mode in sgminer:

Code:
[01:16:33] Rejected untracked stratum share from Pool 0
[01:16:33] Unknown stratum msg: {"error": null, "id": 0, "result": [["mining.notify", "***ID REMOVED FOR PRIVACY***"], "00005725", 4]}

which looks to be coming from the following stack:
parse_stratum_response()
https://github.com/veox/sgminer/blob/master/sgminer.c#L5097
stratum_rthread()
https://github.com/veox/sgminer/blob/master/sgminer.c#L5336

And the stratum msg looks like a successful result, so either sgminer isn't parsing the message correctly, or the server is sending garbage.

I can't be arsed to set up the windows environment to compile and attach a debugger to see what exactly is failing, so maybe someone else will do that with this information.

Thoughts?
sgk
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
!! HODL !!
I so want this to work; I like the site and I have tried mining with my 7950 twice. But the rejection rate is really ridiculous. I mined for whole night and rejected shares were nearly 35% !
If I mine on any other profit-switching pool with SAME SETTINGS, I am getting only 5% rejection rate.
A lot people are having bad rejection rates here. There a few things left to tweak, but I believe Terk will get it sorted in due time. Instead of focusing on the rejection rates though, you should be comparing how much coin you profited over a given course of time.

I would rather have a high rejection and higher profit as opposed to having a small reject rate but less profit.

I would compare a 24hr stint at mining for Terk against mining on the other profit switching pools. It will take a few days to do the tests, but you will have irrefutable evidence at the end of the test phase that will point you to the most profitable pool for you.
OK, I'll try it out and check the profits out. Thanks!
Activity: 19
I so want this to work; I like the site and I have tried mining with my 7950 twice. But the rejection rate is really ridiculous. I mined for whole night and rejected shares were nearly 35% !
If I mine on any other profit-switching pool with SAME SETTINGS, I am getting only 5% rejection rate.

A lot people are having bad rejection rates here. There a few things left to tweak, but I believe Terk will get it sorted in due time. Instead of focusing on the rejection rates though, you should be comparing how much coin you profited over a given course of time.

I would rather have a high rejection and higher profit as opposed to having a small reject rate but less profit.

I would compare a 24hr stint at mining for Terk against mining on the other profit switching pools. It will take a few days to do the tests, but you will have irrefutable evidence at the end of the test phase that will point you to the most profitable pool for you.

if you guys need something to spend your bitcoins on Smiley

http://scrypt.cc?ref=baame

What exactly is this? You buy Kh's with coins and get paid? Their site isn't super informative.

yep, you pay bitcoin for k/hash and make profit Smiley
Activity: 490
Hopefully Terk can answer this, or someone else.

So I have invested in the new gridseed dualminers, they are the first scrypt asics on the market and in the wild.  I am just curious if all scrypt coins are the same as far as memory requirements, and if any scrypt coins pose a problem for me mining on Clevermine?  I know we don't have a list of the coins that the site mines so there is no way for me to tell if there will be any conflicts with my new mining hardware.  If anyone has any input, or can tell me if they suspect that I will have conflicts sending my hashing power towards this pool that would be appreciated.  As far as I am aware there should be no difference between the scrypt coins, but I know that some newer coins are asic resistant and my hardware would not work with them such as Vertcoin with the adaptive-N-factor.  

Thanks in advance,
Poopy

Your hardware would be fine with this pool, All of Scrypt coins can be mined with Scrypt-ASIC hardwares. vertcoin needs different software and is not listed in this pool coins at all (since it is not simple scrypt).
sgk
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
!! HODL !!
Activity: 282
requesting asian based server pls, HK or Singapore perhaps ??

cheers.
Activity: 26
The sites looks great but you might as well straight out mine DOGE for the time being.
.00000230 * 5000 DOGE/1000 KH/s = 0.0115BTC/day per MH/s
Activity: 56

So I have invested in the new gridseed dualminers, they are the first scrypt asics on the market and in the wild.  I am just curious if all scrypt coins are the same as far as memory requirements, and if any scrypt coins pose a problem for me mining on Clevermine?  I know we don't have a list of the coins that the site mines so there is no way for me to tell if there will be any conflicts with my new mining hardware.  If anyone has any input, or can tell me if they suspect that I will have conflicts sending my hashing power towards this pool that would be appreciated.  As far as I am aware there should be no difference between the scrypt coins, but I know that some newer coins are asic resistant and my hardware would not work with them such as Vertcoin with the adaptive-N-factor.  

Thanks in advance,
Poopy

I do not think it will be a problem, I am not absolutely sure but I think mining Vertcoin requires that you input a different command at cgminer.

At the vertcoin thread you can see it requires you to donwload a different cgminer

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/vertcoin-first-scrypt-n-first-stealth-address-privacy-without-mixer-404364

Maybe Terk can clarify.

Join the irc channel at freenode(#clevermining), so people can help you faster
Activity: 208
Merit: 100
Please publish a list of coins that this pool mines. No need to publish what is currently being mined.
Activity: 134
Merit: 100

Thanks in advance,
Poopy
Activity: 27

What exactly is this? You buy Kh's with coins and get paid? Their site isn't super informative.
Is there a way i can see my rejected percentage on the website, witout scrolling until i find my address?
A Search function?

On GUIminer-script, I can't see the difference between stale and rejected?
And the Stale shares pays out, correct?

Sorry for all the noob questions!  Roll Eyes

You can find the search here:

http://www.clevermining.com/users/search
Is there a way i can see my rejected percentage on the website, witout scrolling until i find my address?
A Search function?

Stales pay out when they are from a prior coin.

there is a search function where you can type in you adress.

I really dont know, I use cgminer, once you get the grip of the command line style things are simple.
Activity: 60
Merit: 1
A Search function?

Activity: 42
I tried this one and got a 36% reject rates for 4 hours. decreased intensity to 13 for an hour and got a 28%. What is wrong? :O

-I 13 --queue 0 -g 2 -w 256 --gpu-powertune 20 --thread-concurrency 11200 --temp-target 75 --temp-overheat 95 --temp-cutoff 97 --gpu-fan 40-100 --auto-fan --gpu-engine 1020 --gpu-memclock 1500 -o stratum+tcp://us.clevermining.com:3333 --scrypt -u 18MEFUcfHiQdEDMe3GKfW16FTAFhX6WhBA -p x --failover-only -o stratum+tcp://middlecoin.com:3333 --scrypt -u 1MbyxkJGxQzpzPCWa6dXnQYJvtNei1h9ny -p x

This is a exact copy of thje config on my r9 280x windforce(gigabyte), my shappire works on a similar config but I have a his r9 280x that need --cpu-engine 920 to give an average decent hashrate(650).

p.s.: dont forge the max_gpu_aloc and the other things

You should be getting 730kh/s out of that 280x.

Try --thread-concurrency 8921  --gpu-engine 1049

I tried, the sapphires gets slightly better, the others dont. Anyway thanks for the help
Activity: 434
-I 13 --queue 0 -g 2 -w 256 --gpu-powertune 20 --thread-concurrency 11200 --temp-target 75 --temp-overheat 95 --temp-cutoff 97 --gpu-fan 40-100 --auto-fan --gpu-engine 1020 --gpu-memclock 1500 -o stratum+tcp://us.clevermining.com:3333 --scrypt -u 18MEFUcfHiQdEDMe3GKfW16FTAFhX6WhBA -p x --failover-only -o stratum+tcp://middlecoin.com:3333 --scrypt -u 1MbyxkJGxQzpzPCWa6dXnQYJvtNei1h9ny -p x

This is a exact copy of thje config on my r9 280x windforce(gigabyte), my shappire works on a similar config but I have a his r9 280x that need --cpu-engine 920 to give an average decent hashrate(650).

p.s.: dont forge the max_gpu_aloc and the other things

You should be getting 730kh/s out of that 280x.

Try --thread-concurrency 8921  --gpu-engine 1049
Jump to: