Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][AUTO-SWITCH] Profit-switch auto-exchange pool: CleverMining.com - page 57. (Read 554380 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
With cudaminer I am getting a reject rate as high as 25%, anyway I could fix this? For an ati card what would be a good miner to use for clevermining? What kind of rate could I expect to get for a ati card that costs around $350?

Don't mine Scrypt with a GPU. You're wasting your money.
You'll be certain to pay more for electricity than you'll earn.

If you want to mine Scrypt, get an ASIC.
If you want to mine with GPUs, mine something else like X11, X13 or one of the many others that have varying profitability over time.
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
I just git an email from BTC-e apparently they have changed my paying in address

it was 1CJd2U1uF7N9jUfSzuibDAXfTDNSssQw4W

its now
 14NwDZYWYEAJuyZ4mkgsyzGSnW5ocJg6np

looks like the last 2 payments never got there

July 20, 2014 1:32am   0.00404823   25149f46aa3817dc413388cea65d68318537f6405f2e29008e5ab8faf95fd516
July 19, 2014 1:30am   0.01300976   509f90238789e26ce5a9ac0682c6b42e0a8c420ad93fb2aff1b51ed0d90fec57

is there anything that can be done about this ?
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
With cudaminer I am getting a reject rate as high as 25%, anyway I could fix this? For an ati card what would be a good miner to use for clevermining? What kind of rate could I expect to get for a ati card that costs around $350?

Let it run for a longer period, e.g. 12-24 hours and see if the reject rate improves.

For $350 it would be R9 290 that gets maybe 0.9-1.0 MH/s in Scrypt. Depending on your electricity cost it might be unprofitable though. Look into alternative algorithms (X11, X13, etc) for GPUs.

Edit: Overlooked the software question. sgminer 4.1 is probably a good place to start with AMD.
Activity: 616
Merit: 522
We have some unexchanged balance carried from yesterday as one of exchanges was having deposit and withdrawal delays. We expect to have it exchanged and paid out today.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Get ready for PrimeDice Sig Campaign!
Oh my god profitability is awful these days.
Activity: 5
Activity: 58
Just started up a cuda miner ( https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-cudaminer-ccminer-cuda-based-mining-applications-windowslinuxmacosx-167229 ), and I'm getting results on the website but the miner is running at 70 khash/s, 1000 times slower than with GUIMiner running in Default mode, the problem seems to be GUIMiner but I really dont want to have to mine at 70 khash/s. I have tried to use software like cgminer and BFGMiner but they won't recognize my gpu, which is made by Nvidia, yes I know it's not the best idea to use an Nividia gpu for mining but it's all I got. Can someone suggest a bitcoin OpenCl miner that works with Nvidia gpu's?

For nvidia, you probably should use cudaminer or ccminer.

Note: if you want to mine bitcoin (SHA256) , you should use another pool. This pool is scrypt.
Depending of your gpu speed, you can get about 50 - 1000 kH/s when mining scrypt - kH/s, not MH/s!
Just started up a cuda miner ( https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-cudaminer-ccminer-cuda-based-mining-applications-windowslinuxmacosx-167229 ), and I'm getting results on the website but the miner is running at 70 khash/s, 1000 times slower than with GUIMiner running in Default mode, the problem seems to be GUIMiner but I really dont want to have to mine at 70 khash/s. I have tried to use software like cgminer and BFGMiner but they won't recognize my gpu, which is made by Nvidia, yes I know it's not the best idea to use an Nividia gpu for mining but it's all I got. Can someone suggest a bitcoin OpenCl miner that works with Nvidia gpu's?
I am using GUIMiner, I left it running for the night and it says close to 700 shares accepted yet the website still says I did nothing, I can look at my stats now. What would be the reason for this?
I am making this post as a summary of issues with some ASIC miners having lower hashrate than expected to link it from the OP:

Short version

If you have ASIC miner and your 24-hour hashrate average reported by CleverMining is lower than expected, then you should try to setup a manual difficulty based on these rules:

- if your miner have 16 chips or more, multiply your miner MHs * 32 and round up to the next diff value. E.g. 3.5 MH/s miner with 16 chips: 3.5 * 32 = 112, round up to 128.
- if your miner have 32 chips or more, multiply your miner MHs * 16 and round up to the next diff value. E.g. 12 MH/s miner with 32 chips: 12 * 16 = 192, round up to 256.
- if your miner have 64 chips or more, multiply your miner MHs * 8 and round up to the next diff value. E.g. 28 MH/s miner with 128 chips: 28 * 8 = 224, round up to 256.

Remember that valid difficulty values are powers of two: 128, 256, 512, 1024, 2048, 4096, 8192, 16384, 32768, 65536.

Please never use difficulty lower than your MHs * 8.

Longer explaination

There are some ASICs with faulty chips which tend to go dead/frozen if new work is sent very frequently (and CM switches coins more aggressively than other pools). Miner's controller probably restarts them if they don't send a share within reasonable time but that reasonable time is probably based on difficulty and expected time to find a share by the chip. The pool's vardiff adjusts difficulty so that your miner find a share very 10 seconds, but if you have dozens of chips inside one miner then it means each of your chip finds a share once per 5-15 minutes. If the miner restarts dead chips after 3x this time of not producing a share, then your chips can be frozen for half an hour before being restarted. If your miner has lot of frequently faulting chips then this will result in lower hashrate (because some of your chips are not working) and hashrate going up and down randomly. This doesn't happen on single-coin pools and doesn't happen on coin-switching pools which are switching coins slower than CM. This also doesn't happen on CM with miners which don't have faulty/freezing chips. Try setting manual difficulty according to rules above depending on number of chips and check if this will help. It helped most of people who had similar issue.

Also, when you test everything with these values, please try to use one step higher and see if it's still OK. So if you have 12 MH/s miner with 32 chips and you used 256 and it's OK, change it to 512 and see if it's still OK, because at 256 your miner will send one share per 1.4 second and this is too frequent (and 28 MH/s miner will send two shares per second). This should be used only as emergency if your miner has issues with higher difficulty - as an exception, not a rule.

Sending more frequent shares than one per 10 seconds makes sense only if your chips are falling dead and you need to make them find shares faster (in order to faster detect if they're dead and not sending shares as expected and to restart them). Hammering the pool with one share per second isn't healthy neither for the pool nor for you (using more bandwidth) and should be used only if necessary.

So, if you don't experience issues, just use VARDIFF. If you play with manual difficulty, always please check one step higher to see if it also works fine with your miner. All this manual difficulty should be needed only for miners with falling chips where the miner controller silently restarts them if they're dead - which is quite rare actually.
Been mining at about 70 Mhash/s for several hours now, I still can't view my stats. When I look up my bitcoin address, I get the user not found error, any reason why after several hours the website still can't find me? Address is "15FArTee1HG4Y98xoyG6vuGc5SnTXpKZqC".

There are only rejected shares from your miner. Are you sure you're using a scrypt miner and not some other algo?
My question is this
CM mines the most profitable coin in comparison to LTC, right?
So say LTC is paying 0.007 BTC/MH per day then CM will look for a better coin to mine to exceed that said 0.007 BTC?
So why the hell when no coin is available with a higher payout % doesn't CM just mine LTC instead of dropping the payout to something like 40% of LTC?

Am I missing the absolute obvious? Please shine some light, I would be so grateful, many thanks.

Of course we mine LTC always when there are no more profitable coins and/or we put some portion of our hashrate into LTC if more profitable coins can't handle all our hashrate. Your question was answered numerous times and the best answers are probably these two:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5808056
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7155326

Im sorry I just don't believe you. Mining at 0.00022 BTC/MH on some hours and you say your pool can't see this and switch to LTC?
Ghash.io shows real time stats and if a coin is better than LTC it mines it, if theres nothing better than LTC, it mines LTC!! I have never seen it mine anything below LTC and below 100% of LTC. Your answers are feeble and just deliberetly confusing. Its nothing to do with chance, its to do with real time statistics and making decisions based on those decisions.

My answers are trying to explain how mining works to people who don't understand it. You can try to understand it or you can choose to don't believe, but this isn't something I made up, this is how mining works.

There is no pool in the world which didn't go below 100% theoretical profitability in any timespan. It's not possible, it's simple math. GHash's stats don't show you your actual profitability but theoretical numbers which have nothing to do with actual earnings. In fact it's really hard to tell how much you earn per MHs/day from their stats. You need to wait for several days payout to compare and see that you earn significantly less with them than at CM.

Oh and another thing, your system is skimming my hash rate. All day I have had a steady 140MH/s but your site records 125MH/s.
Im sorry even with rejects I should not be seeing this reduced hash rate. http://www.clevermining.com/users/1MjbHQ9YY3CGNsmyPTCC5vpXtVGtwsNLTg

This might be an issue with some chips in your ASIC miner failing when we switch coins fast. Please take a look here and it might help you: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7360436
Is this a temporary problem with clevermining or is it permanent and I will never see my stats?
Activity: 113
Merit: 10
Been mining at about 70 Mhash/s for several hours now, I still can't view my stats. When I look up my bitcoin address, I get the user not found error, any reason why after several hours the website still can't find me? Address is "15FArTee1HG4Y98xoyG6vuGc5SnTXpKZqC".

much the same, well over 2mhs possible and no stats or acknowledgements i've used other miners and upgraded isp...and hw...all other pools fine  Cry yes ghash.io/cex is awesome. wish mpre pools had stats like that and responsiveness in the connection of workers/miners, i also love that i can also mine alongside the cloud hash i've purchased.

http://clevermining.com/users/192LVxfeKVR3NLZrtxcZNdazfo4Dw8S1tm

git er done

pools like slush failed, until the pool upgraded its hw. now it pays me. even for cpu mining.

started jul8 ended just now 11:59pm est
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
My question is this
So say LTC is paying 0.007 BTC/MH per day then CM will look for a better coin to mine to exceed that said 0.007 BTC?
So why the hell when no coin is available with a higher payout % doesn't CM just mine LTC instead of dropping the payout to something like 40% of LTC?

Am I missing the absolute obvious? Please shine some light, I would be so grateful, many thanks.

Of course we mine LTC always when there are no more profitable coins and/or we put some portion of our hashrate into LTC if more profitable coins can't handle all our hashrate. Your question was answered numerous times and the best answers are probably these two:

Im sorry I just don't believe you. Mining at 0.00022 BTC/MH on some hours and you say your pool can't see this and switch to LTC?
Ghash.io shows real time stats and if a coin is better than LTC it mines it, if theres nothing better than LTC, it mines LTC!! I have never seen it mine anything below LTC and below 100% of LTC. Your answers are feeble and just deliberetly confusing. Its nothing to do with chance, its to do with real time statistics and making decisions based on those decisions.
Oh and another thing, your system is skimming my hash rate. All day I have had a steady 140MH/s but your site records 125MH/s.
Im sorry even with rejects I should not be seeing this reduced hash rate. http://www.clevermining.com/users/1MjbHQ9YY3CGNsmyPTCC5vpXtVGtwsNLTg

You are comparing apples to cucumbers here. GHash.io shows estimated "theoretical" profitability and what their coin switching is based on in real time. That is not the same as historic profitability that CM shows on its charts. The fact that you don't believe in variance does not make it disappear. GHash.io does not magically have 100% luck all the time. If you really need this to be proven try pointing half of your farm to GHash.io and half to CM and let it run for a few weeks, then check the payouts from each.

Same thing with the steady 140 MH/s. You are probably getting this number from your mining software. You should look at accepted shares instead (e.g. WU in cgminer display, or "AcceptedDifficulty" in its API) and if that doesn't match up with the nominal rate then it's a hardware/software problem, not a pool problem.
Activity: 56
My question is this

Activity: 56
Sigh...

BTC/MH profitability falling every day.
How can the SCRYPT coin mining ever be profitable again? Does the market expect new coins to be mined at a loss and the price of all AltCoins keep falling without people deciding to switch off their miners?!
2 months ago mining was marginally profitable, now its just a joke and regardless of the ASIC surge, they still need new coins to keep the market going but thats not going to happen now the profitability is hitting rock bottom.
I think I have made a terrible mistake, my $14,000 savings on miners is written off. Bah!
notimpressed.com
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
why everything i mined is still unexchanged ?  Huh

The answer is quite simple: Because they are being exchanged. Duh.
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003
why everything i mined is still unexchanged ?  Huh
Pages:
Jump to: