Pages:
Author

Topic: 🤖[ANN][BIS]Bismuth 2.0 - Beyond DeFi - page 48. (Read 156192 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 30
Bismuth core dev & EggPool.net Operator.
"White square Error":

On latest release, Try this:
close wallet, edit config.txt file, locate "light_ip" line
change it to
light_ip=wallet.bismuth.online:8150
and start wallet again

So you can try choosing among
wallet.bismuth.online:8150
wallet1.bismuth.online:8150
46.101.186.35:8150
Those are recent working wallet servers from the official team
We're still working on making that easier/ updating default servers.

With these servers instead of 127.0.0.1 (old config)
you don't need to (but still can) run and sync your own node.
Activity: 75
Merit: 1
Anyone having luck running the wallet on Win10?
Do i need to install anything else but the wallet?

Getting a blank rectangle window with nothing inside (unresponsive)
I am right in saying the wallet was copied from ARO? not that that would be a bad thing.

Not true. They are totally different project, code and both of them build from scratch.

Indeed, but I think hclivess made a quick python wallet for Aro, just because he could Smiley
Therefore maybe the confusion.
Activity: 120
Merit: 10
I am right in saying the wallet was copied from ARO? not that that would be a bad thing.

Not true. They are totally different project, code and both of them build from scratch.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273
Neither coin builds their wallet from scratch. ARO using PHP, and Bismuth using python. Actually, Bismuth does not draw any code from another repository as stated in the first page.
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
Activity: 5
I like the activity of the team, regular updates on twitter. Price already broke 20k level, will moon after markets recovering.

I share the same thought with you mate
"White square Error":

On latest release, Try this:
close wallet, edit config.txt file, locate "light_ip" line
change it to
light_ip=wallet.bismuth.online:8150
and start wallet again

So you can try choosing among
wallet.bismuth.online:8150
wallet1.bismuth.online:8150
46.101.186.35:8150
Those are recent working wallet servers from the official team
We're still working on making that easier/ updating default servers.

With these servers instead of 127.0.0.1 (old config)
you don't need to (but still can) run and sync your own node.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1002
python3 wallet.py

Thanks! Looks like wallet started but I get a connection error saying "Wallet cannot connect to the node", do I need to change my firewall settings or anything like that?

you need to run a node so the wallet knows where to grab all datainformation. firewall issues is not a common error and may happends if you got alot going on(you probably already know how to fix it if you got that problem). i have not tried the light-wallet yet but the blockchain is not big(in size) so i recommend you to run a full-node.

So wait do I need to run the node separately on a different terminal? Sorry, I guess I should know this by now but what would be the file to run for the node?
Activity: 448
Merit: 252
I like the activity of the team, regular updates on twitter. Price already broke 20k level, will moon after markets recovering.
Activity: 75
Merit: 1
When running the wallet all I get is a non responsive small square window.
Anyone have any idea why?
Activity: 168
Do I need to download the entire blockchain?
Yes!
You should update blockchain database by yourself or download boostrap file to save more time and have faster syncing speed.
Activity: 26
Merit: 4
you need to run a node so the wallet knows where to grab all datainformation. firewall issues is not a common error and may happends if you got alot going on(you probably already know how to fix it if you got that problem). i have not tried the light-wallet yet but the blockchain is not big(in size) so i recommend you to run a full-node.
Syncing procedure takes a lot of time for someone who start syncing their wallets for the first time.
Next syncing times will be faster than the first one.

what i know yes(3.37gb) but i saw a light-wallet version that i havent seen any issues with so far. i just wait a few minutes if i havnt run the node for a while.
Activity: 34
Syncing procedure takes a lot of time for someone who start syncing their wallets for the first time.
Activity: 134
Activity: 36
Hi all I'm trying to run the wallet on MacOS and did all the steps listed here: https://github.com/EggPool/BismuthHowto/blob/master/Install/Linux.md and it didn't give me any errors, but I'm not sure how to run the wallet now  Huh
I could not run on MacOS. Many projects do not develop their software for this system
Activity: 26
Merit: 4
python3 wallet.py

Thanks! Looks like wallet started but I get a connection error saying "Wallet cannot connect to the node", do I need to change my firewall settings or anything like that?

legendary
python3 wallet.py

python3 wallet.py
legendary
Hi all I'm trying to run the wallet on MacOS and did all the steps listed here: https://github.com/EggPool/BismuthHowto/blob/master/Install/Linux.md and it didn't give me any errors, but I'm not sure how to run the wallet now  Huh
Pages:
Jump to: