Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][BITLATTICE] A Revolutionary Step - Bitlattice.org - page 13. (Read 36946 times)

Activity: 205
Merit: 100
Any updates on the progress of this project?  Is there an ICO in sight?
legendary
Activity: 1590
Merit: 1002
Greetings Hibryda

I'm glad to see this project is still progressing - and in a nice careful way.

IMO there really is no rush to get just "something" out there on testnet.

Best work carefully and slowly through all of this so all aspects are considered as carefully as possible and the best solutions are implemented in testnet and beyond.  I can see this is absolutely groundbreaking work with little to compare or copy from.  I really can appreciate the complexities and I don't envy your job (albeit I can see the excitement of bringing this to life).

I continue to watch this project carefully and wish you all the best in your endeavors.

I look forward to having a good play around in the Bitlattice platform.

Cheers - usukan
Activity: 5
Merit: 0

Yes, I'm very interested in lattice or tangle type of crypto. That's why I'm heavily into IOTA, Byteball and Raiblocks. I wonder what differentiates BitLattice from the ones I mentioned since you said you're starting from scratch.

I am still learning about BitLattice. From how I understand it so far, BitLattice has refined some of the ideas behind Tangle and Byteball, and done so to the point that it is almost not comparable. Just like in Tangle and Byteball, transactions are appended to previous transactions, but besides that, BitLattice also organises transactions into a fixed topology (the hyper-lattice) which in itself makes it possible to build functions on top of it. The lattice is a spatial field, which means that certain types of mathematics that apply to spatial fields can be performed on top of the lattice. The possibility for lattice-based mathematics, including lattice-based cryptography, and also wave functions throughout the lattice as a spatial field for proof-of-structure, and similar things, are what is made possible with a lattice, and so yes, BitLattice appends transactions in ways that are slightly similar to Tangle and ByteBall, but it does so in ways that make all sorts of new math possible.
Activity: 86
Merit: 4
Creator of Bitlattice
No test network yet?
No. And because it's written from scratch, with no general scheme that could be borrowed from other sources, it takes time. Surely more than 2 months that elapsed since you last asked me about the same. While we wrote prototype skeleton clients already it's still long way to have them publishable. But we are on schedule still.
I'll notify you when testnet is ready to play and hack, I'm glad that you are looking for it.

Yes, I'm very interested in lattice or tangle type of crypto. That's why I'm heavily into IOTA, Byteball and Raiblocks. I wonder what differentiates BitLattice from the ones I mentioned since you said you're starting from scratch.
First - it's not a blockchain. Second - it has a metric structure. Most of differences I already mentioned above. Please be more specific.
legendary
Activity: 1647
Merit: 1012
Practising Hebrew before visiting Israel
No test network yet?
No. And because it's written from scratch, with no general scheme that could be borrowed from other sources, it takes time. Surely more than 2 months that elapsed since you last asked me about the same. While we wrote prototype skeleton clients already it's still long way to have them publishable. But we are on schedule still.
I'll notify you when testnet is ready to play and hack, I'm glad that you are looking for it.

Creator of Bitlattice
No test network yet?
legendary
No test network yet?
Activity: 374
Merit: 250
Prima Inter Pares

Cryptocoins depend on many concepts that should be understood before going deeper. Unfortunately, to understand it properly there is no shortcut. As to Bitlattice - a catch is that it's not a blockchain. There are common points, but mostly approach differs. So, base knowledge about computing issues can help a lot.

Our free guide 'knowledge matters' is already available on http://bitcoinwoman.com/#/knowledge/list

Creator of Bitlattice
could the toroid based network protocol be a good infrastructure for replicating information on a network in general, like for example, as an alternative or a competitor to TCP/IP, BitTorrent, or IPFS?
Certainly not all network layers (because you mixed several network layers protocols in your question). In general there are attempts in the wild to use similar approach to replace p2p class protocols. BL protocol is designed to serve BL and give throughput benefits by leveraging machine learning prediction abilities, GPU boost when available (to be close to real time in reaction to changes of net topology) and alike. Thus, it's not meant to be general use protocol, however if it proves reliable and performant (and we design it with simplicity in mind) then with minor changes can be applied elsewhere.
could the toroid based network protocol be a good infrastructure for replicating information on a network in general, like for example, as an alternative or a competitor to TCP/IP, BitTorrent, or IPFS?
Creator of Bitlattice
is the toroid based network protocol for replicating transactions between nodes, rather than the topography of the chain (a hyper-lattice) ?
Yes, the protocol will serve replicating transactions. It's main advantage is being based on ML prediction that in turn would benefit in speed gains. It has nothing to do with lattice structure topography, however it will be adapted to serve lattice it in the first place. A side note - contrary to possible first impression, toroidal abstraction is actually 2d instead of 3d.
is the toroid based network protocol for replicating transactions between nodes, rather than the topography of the chain (a hyper-lattice) ?
Creator of Bitlattice
Update

Work is in progress in several areas. First of all basic tx operations using different vectors of operation have been initially tested. They still need to be refined in terms of reliability. Meanwhile works on a network protocol are before test phase. BL will use custom toroid based network protocol making use of resolving tensors with machine learning algorithm. While there are similar solutions in the wild we prefer to have custom made one due to specific needs of BL. To perform live tests we build now a server rig capable of simulating controlled network environment (32 cores for VMs, VMs running multiple simple end nodes, lots of net hardware and cables Smiley ).

May I suggest launching a testnet at least? I'm sure many won't mind if it's buggy as hell.
Always fun to play with new stuff.
There will be testnet. Cannot however say now precisely when. If BL would be a fork of some blockchain based solution there will be little issue with providing testnet fast. However, BL isn't blockchain at all, it has similar properties, but is different at a base level. Thus, the client must be written almost from scratch. It have to take some time to bind all the features into one concise piece of code.
So, be patient, it will come.

Hibryda
Activity: 461
Merit: 250
May I suggest launching a testnet at least? I'm sure many won't mind if it's buggy as hell.
Always fun to play with new stuff.
legendary
Creator of Bitlattice
Hello, is this project still alive? It's been over a month since no updates...
Yes, the project is still alive and on schedule. I just see no purpose to update just for update. Which is possibly wrong, but I'm anything but marketing guy.
Will certainly update if some milestones are reached (like prototype client) and will answer questions.
Activity: 1149
Merit: 347
Hello, is this project still alive? It's been over a month since no updates...
Creator of Bitlattice
Hello folks,

I am very interested in BitLattice and will be keeping up to date with its progress.  I am also interested in investing in the technology if need be. 
I sent an email to BitLattice, and look forward to hearing back. 

Thanks!

-Gadsden

Hi Gadsden,

Nice to hear that Bitlattice idea sparked your interest and that you want to learn more. Because it's so rare nowadays (wish to learn).
I always welcome constructive questions.
Activity: 130
Merit: 109
Hello folks,

I am very interested in BitLattice and will be keeping up to date with its progress.  I am also interested in investing in the technology if need be. 
I sent an email to BitLattice, and look forward to hearing back. 

Thanks!

-Gadsden
Creator of Bitlattice

As to Artificial Intelligence - this is the basic idea of Bitlattice - to have built in control authority that cannot be read or affected from outside (encrypted end to end, providing just decrypted control output).
As to other AI considerations - while self defense is one thing, some more sophisticated mechanisms are possible.
If I manage to make it possible to seed homomorphically encrypted entities at any time of lattice's life they can act as "neurons" with hidden processing. This gives just an ocean of possibilities  Smiley

Hi Hibryda

Reminded me quickly of this famous quote.

Still watching and glad you report sufficient funding for near term stages.  I'm really wondering just where the limits of this new tech end up. At first I had the same problem with blockchain - now I have to deal with BitLattice which is like setting foot - yet again - in the "New World".

Good luck and hope to be able to support this project soon.

Cheers - usukan
As to my quote - I paste here fragments of my discussions with other devs. And this particular touches physical limitations of worldwide network. As Bitlattice is meant to be able to operate in clusters without need of having too many full nodes, it's viable to have built in AI mechanisms in it. For the same reason of physical limitations (actually speed of chemical/electrical signal via calcium channel) brains are organized in a way that parts of them can act autonomously to a certain extent. Bitlattice can mimic this by having separate clusters that contact with the rest of network only when it's needed. Thus, when clusters are small more sophisticated operations can be performed within them without need to synchronize them with the rest of network and without impacting overall efficiency.
But this is still a matter of further research and finding best ways to isolate clusters - something I work on now.

Cheers, H
Pages:
Jump to: