Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][BITLATTICE] A Revolutionary Step - Bitlattice.org - page 8. (Read 36946 times)

Activity: 86
Merit: 4
Creator of Bitlattice
Several people, including Hibryda, have mentioned the importance of protocols.  I agree, as do some leading economists.
Where is bitlattice on external protocols?

From our conversations outside this forum I know that you meant protocols precisely describing transactions. As you reasonably noted, they are external. Thus can differ from implementation to implementation or even be plugable. Everything that is related to data stored in this database (Bitlattice is a database, and blockchain solutions are as well) can be subject to some standardization. And should be standardized, but it's a secondary issue.
Could you elaborate here (to inform also readers of this thread) what exactly would you like to achieve?
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Several people, including Hibryda, have mentioned the importance of protocols.  I agree, as do some leading economists.

Where is bitlattice on external protocols?

brand new
Activity: 0
It looks like a visionary project, I like your style, if you want to stand out from the crowd avoid the bounties and the usual rewards to pump the project, it is indifferent to me whether or not there is an ICO... carry on the revolution and if the project deserves we will follow you even without bounties and various rewards. The future is already a reward.
Activity: 343
Merit: 14
Hibryda,
Any updates on bitlattice?
If you look up into recent posts you'll spot an update.

we hope to hear about this project soon...
Creator of Bitlattice
what's different between bitlattice and IOTA?
It's already answered in post #74. Look in older entries first, before asking questions.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
what's different between bitlattice and IOTA?
legendary
Activity: 1647
Merit: 1012
Practising Hebrew before visiting Israel
We stated before and I'll emphasize it now that we have funds secured. More, while we may have an ICO just to popularize the idea (I have ambigous feelings with respect to ICOs at all), the moment we'll start any funds collection will be after a functional prototype and WP gets published. Not before. I hope it's clear and I won't have to repeat it in capitals.
I am personally very pleased that you are taking this approach. The ICO scene has devolved into greedy meme pools and it is increasingly harder to find a project with a functional prototype. A lean ICO with great token metrics will be more beneficial to the image and success of this project. This is just my opinion of course.

I agree with this. No rush though. I would rather be involved in testnet discussions before discussions of an upcoming ICO. I'm a strong believer in continuing innovations especially with protocols.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
I just came here to say hello to the team and to say I keep watching the updates on twitter.

Bitcointalk has now a toxic enviroment with so many stupid projects that can obscure decent projects like this one.

Anyway, keep the good job!  Wink

Looking foward to be part of the test team. I've sent my email few months ago.

Creator of Bitlattice
Hibryda,
If you look up into recent posts you'll spot an update.
Activity: 63
All depends on project itself, resources at hand and internal strategy. Projects differ and their goals/complexity/features. I prefer delivering all I envisioned, when ready. Just to avoid mess and delays due to need to answer never ending questions (our team is already flooded with them).
Thanks for good wishes.

BR,
H

P.S. Please cut quotations. Just few seconds more and the thread looks better and is readable.
Hibryda,
Creator of Bitlattice
Hi, thanks for your answers. I hope, you prove your skills in the future. I meant in my post especially Byteball and Aidos Kuneen. They didn't have large team as well as you, but they proved a lot till these days. I wish you nice work!
All depends on project itself, resources at hand and internal strategy. Projects differ and their goals/complexity/features. I prefer delivering all I envisioned, when ready. Just to avoid mess and delays due to need to answer never ending questions (our team is already flooded with them).
Thanks for good wishes.

BR,
H

P.S. Please cut quotations. Just few seconds more and the thread looks better and is readable.
Activity: 503
Merit: 102

@Black_bl -
[...]it's just.... another project you can watch or not, as you neither lose nor risk anything.

As an update - we build now a network stack. This must be done with care as one of features of Bitlattice needs to be initiated in controlled manner.

BR,
H

P.S. We'll publish sources on GitLab, not Github. And we'll update here when it's published.
[/quote]

Hi, thanks for your answers. I hope, you prove your skills in the future. I meant in my post especially Byteball and Aidos Kuneen. They didn't have large team as well as you, but they proved a lot till these days. I wish you nice work!
Activity: 406
Merit: 253
We stated before and I'll emphasize it now that we have funds secured. More, while we may have an ICO just to popularize the idea (I have ambigous feelings with respect to ICOs at all), the moment we'll start any funds collection will be after a functional prototype and WP gets published. Not before. I hope it's clear and I won't have to repeat it in capitals.
I am personally very pleased that you are taking this approach. The ICO scene has devolved into greedy meme pools and it is increasingly harder to find a project with a functional prototype. A lean ICO with great token metrics will be more beneficial to the image and success of this project. This is just my opinion of course.
Creator of Bitlattice
Hi developers:
Do you guys have any roadmap for this project?

It's very important to set milestones and targets to meet.  Otherwise this can last forever.

Roadmaps work well when you copy/paste and assemble existing technologies. With experiments, like Bitlattice, it's harder.
We have small team and do not plan to extend it fast. We never organized ICO exactly to have peace of mind and time margin to do things properly.
I already mentioned what we do right now. We work on a setup that ensures proper initialization of network. It's something that could be skipped, but is required in our opinion.
From there we'll go with internal tests, then external, then launch. Sounds like a roadmap (and actually is), but due to experimental nature of Bitlattice prediction of precise timing isn't possible (but surely it's nowhere close to forever).
Activity: 111
Merit: 11
Bit Blaster
Hi developers:
Do you guys have any roadmap for this project?

It's very important to set milestones and targets to meet.  Otherwise this can last forever.
Activity: 4
Looking forward to participation in the testnet. Corresponded with the guys privately, by email.
Creator of Bitlattice
I want to know which programming language you use for a project?
It's mentioned above, please read.
Activity: 336
Merit: 10
I want to know which programming language you use for a project?
Creator of Bitlattice
Is this going to have privacy integrated?

It depends what you mean by such broad statement. It may have tx source scrubbing for instance.

BR,
H
Activity: 63
As to your questions - as every such system, be it blockchain, tangle, etc., it may and will be used for every purpose ordered data storage can be used. Simply because coins on the market are just immutable, time-ordered databases. The same applies to Bitlattice. It will enable use as coin, but also all else that above mentioned can be used. It will handle contracts as well. Plus some interesting extra features.
The prototype will mainly serve as a coin, but also as a proof of concept and reference implementation.
Yes nodes will be incentivized, proportionally to their participation in network.

As to website. It's not the most important thing right now and also requires some care. So, yes, but it can wait.

BR,
H
Is this going to have privacy integrated?
Pages:
Jump to: