Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][BITLATTICE] A Revolutionary Step - Bitlattice.org - page 9. (Read 36946 times)

Activity: 86
Merit: 4
Creator of Bitlattice
I admire the insight you are putting into your work. From what I have read so far, it does look like it could be refreshing, new tech. I look forward to reading your whitepaper.
Is the multi-dimensional block lattice structure going to serve currency purposes only? you gonna integrate other stuff? Are nodes going to keep it up? Will they be incentivized?
In addition, I think your website needs a big revamp.

First, to let others read the thread comfortably, cut quotations.

As to your questions - as every such system, be it blockchain, tangle, etc., it may and will be used for every purpose ordered data storage can be used. Simply because coins on the market are just immutable, time-ordered databases. The same applies to Bitlattice. It will enable use as coin, but also all else that above mentioned can be used. It will handle contracts as well. Plus some interesting extra features.
The prototype will mainly serve as a coin, but also as a proof of concept and reference implementation.
Yes nodes will be incentivized, proportionally to their participation in network.

As to website. It's not the most important thing right now and also requires some care. So, yes, but it can wait.

BR,
H
Activity: 63
Merit: 0
Creator of Bitlattice
This project has been ongoing for more than a year now. Any links to the github?
-bitblaster

Right, I've been watching this thread too for the same length of time. The sad part is after all the waiting I half expect this to be a clone of NANO, IOTA or Byteball. Prove me wrong.

Where it's a clone our not,  there should be more information by now. DAG technology implementation should not take this long.  Hiring a marketing team without a product is funny.
-bitblaster

Another DAG scam ICO? Watch out, guys! There are some people who have been serial DAG ICO scammers.

I believe this project is very different. Also this project started 1 year ago not like the other (STONE, ...)

However other projects proved after year some results, until this project shows that have something done, it's just....

Hi All quoted above,

After watching your posts exchange I feel I should also comment. Not excuse, comment - note it.

So:
@bitblaster -
DAG isn't a technology. It's a graph. Directed acyclic graph. All types of data representations that ensure timed sequence of data entries and exclude looping back are DAG. Our Universe is DAG based (cause-effect, one way entropy). Bitlattice can be represented as DAG as well. Difficulty of DAG implementation varies - it can have even less than 100 slocs (depending on language), but not sure in how many slocs our reality is implemented in.
The above are basics. Let's go deeper. Every coin around is DAG based. Simple blockchain as well (a constrained one, but still DAG). IOTA, Hashgraph and others exploit DAG scheme further allowing more parent and child nodes. But their innovation isn't in pushing limits of DAG - as it has precisely defined limits. They attempt to entangle data portions in a way that ensures correct order. And here is actual difficulty - in inventing a system that mimics cause and effect in best possible way (that no loop can occur /loop could be double spending for instance/).
So, @bitblaster, it's not easy and can take long. Depending what other guards and features you'd like to have.
As to marketing guy - FYI, he volunteered. And we are far enough to need to have him aboard.

@andreibi -
We'll prove you wrong. It was meant to be different from the beginning.

@cchub -
We stated before and I'll emphasize it now that we have funds secured. More, while we may have an ICO just to popularize the idea (I have ambigous feelings with respect to ICOs at all), the moment we'll start any funds collection will be after a functional prototype and WP gets published. Not before. I hope it's clear and I won't have to repeat it in capitals.

@Sam123 -
It's very different. Not only with respect to the scheme under the hood.

@Black_bl -
[...]it's just.... another project you can watch or not, as you neither lose nor risk anything.

As an update - we build now a network stack. This must be done with care as one of features of Bitlattice needs to be initiated in controlled manner.

BR,
H

P.S. We'll publish sources on GitLab, not Github. And we'll update here when it's published.
Activity: 503
Merit: 102
Another DAG scam ICO? Watch out, guys! There are some people who have been serial DAG ICO scammers.

I believe this project is very different. Also this project started 1 year ago not like the other (STONE, ...)
However other projects proved after year some results, until this project shows that have something done, it's just....
Activity: 980
Merit: 502

Activity: 560
Merit: 101
Migranet ITO
Activity: 111
Merit: 11
Bit Blaster
This project has been ongoing for more than a year now.  Any links to the github?

-bitblaster

Right, I've been watching this thread too for the same length of time. The sad part is after all the waiting I half expect this to be a clone of NANO, IOTA or Byteball. Prove me wrong.

Where it's a clone our not,  there should be more information by now. DAG technology implementation should not take this long.  Hiring a marketing team without a product is funny.

-bitblaster
legendary
Activity: 1647
Merit: 1012
Practising Hebrew before visiting Israel
This project has been ongoing for more than a year now.  Any links to the github?

-bitblaster

Bit Blaster

-bitblaster
Activity: 374
Merit: 250
Prima Inter Pares
Wayford https://twitter.com/WayfordBL  is our Chief Marketing Officer (CMO). From now on Wayford will be in charge of Co-ordination for Bitlattice Marketing Team. He will contact everyone who has stated that want to support our project this way.
Anyone interested in assisting with the marketing please don’t hesitate to contact him directly to  [email protected]
legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1326
Following this project,  I think this is innovative project and I interest it. I hope they get great success in cyrpto ecosystem.
Activity: 63
Interesting project. Will be folllowing closely. If this delivers on promise and is no hype, could be a game-changer Smiley
Bit Blaster
When is white paper and testet? What algorithm? Will be premine and how much if yes?
Can you explain with simple words how it work? Like a story about Alisa, Bob and merchant, and how theymake payments to each other, why it safe and etc

I am also very interested in this topic. To me white paper is essential before spreading the word or investing. Please keep me informed.

-bitblaster
Activity: 1092
Merit: 507
btcstakes.com
Glad I found this, could be ground breaking. I just sent a pm for investment info. Good luck devs.
Activity: 82
Merit: 1
Interesting project, just sent an email about investing.
Activity: 503
Merit: 102
I'm curious about your whitepaper, please keep up inform
Activity: 137
Merit: 100
A short update regarding test net; we are approaching the end of setting up the network for test net and soon we expect to begin penetration testing of our network before we will begin internal testing of Bitlattice. After that, we will launch public test net.
Activity: 57
Hi, I own a discord server for discussing DAG coins. Every DAG is listed and has its own channel.
https://discord.gg/auFsMSD.
Feel free to join us ! See ya.  Wink
Creator of Bitlattice
Could be worth looking into Rust, it's got a few good properties for a project like this: fast and pretty high-level to develop in, fast execution with low-level access to the system, lots and lots of built-in safety measures to avoid programming mistakes.

Possible drawback is that the devs do not (yet) know Rust, but it is a really good fit for this kind of project and would be well worth 10 minutes to check up on?

Anywho, good luck with this project!

Sure, Rust is one of possible candidates for some alt clients. The same applies to other contenders to a title of modern programming language around.
But there are reasons to be conservative in approach. It's useless to initiate flame war here, so I suppose it's better to say that hipsters' toys become really useful when said hipsters see their first machines in museums and grow beer bellies.
By the above I'm not saying that these languages suck - every language do, just in different areas. I appreciate Rust's features; played a little with it. And I even like it.
So, to sum it up - yep, Rust is welcome if there will be someone to write alt implementation based on the reference one.
Activity: 1
The prototype is being written in Python (and some C for fast CUDA kernels that aren't actually crucial). It's just easier, transparent to read and interpreter takes care about boring stuff. It's for purpose. The target client is meant to be written in a language with low level access to memory (and some other spices). So, C for instance (it's not yet decided, I'd prefer it). Thus it's easier to prepare cleanly readable code first, test it, and implement into less readable and easier to abuse language. Besides, my style keeps no standards, so it's better if it's at least readable.
The choice of language with low level access to memory is due to things that always made me feel uneasy while analyzing other coins' clients. Would prefer having means to at least obfuscate crypto operations in memory. Especially since Spectre came into light Smiley (just wrote a small, sketchy art about it: https://medium.com/@Hibryda/on-melting-spectre-or-how-soft-hardware-can-lead-to-coitus-interruptus-with-your-coins-6f975e8b22b9 ). Call me paranoid, but it never failed me.

Could be worth looking into Rust, it's got a few good properties for a project like this: fast and pretty high-level to develop in, fast execution with low-level access to the system, lots and lots of built-in safety measures to avoid programming mistakes.

Possible drawback is that the devs do not (yet) know Rust, but it is a really good fit for this kind of project and would be well worth 10 minutes to check up on?

Anywho, good luck with this project!
Pages:
Jump to: