Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][BLC] Blakecoin Blake-256 for GPU/FPGA With Merged Mined Pools Stable Net - page 26. (Read 409569 times)

brand new
Activity: 0
Merit: 519
EU3 pool page does not load for me. HTTP ERROR 500

+1, dead
legendary
Activity: 1509
Merit: 1030
Solutions Architect
looking at it now

Edit:
EU3 should be back online
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
EU3 pool page does not load for me. HTTP ERROR 500
Activity: 955
... and get some of these games out the door that use Blakecoin...

Blakecoin has huge potential. I've followed it off and on since just about when it started and bought some on Cryptsy early and Bittrex now at cheaper levels. Originally I did not like the name, because I thought some guy named Blake had named the coin after himself. Thought the same about joulecoin.

Why the coin is so utterly ignored, I'm not sure, but it deffinitely will be a good coin to have long term.

In my opinion, the game thing is important but there are two main trends that will probably influence the success of individual coins, the algorithm, or 'usefulness and distribution', and the exchange factor.

Blaketrader was probably the prototype for what most coins will start doing eventually, as currencies get actual use, and it would be a good idea for somebody who knows technical stuff to restart something like that. It will have low volume for a while but it will be a major asset to have something like that waiting for crypto to become mainstream.

The game aspect is more important though. I've looked at a few of the coins associated with games and I think the ideal is to have the mining of the coin tied to some process in the game, what Huntercoin calls 'human mining'. I'm sure that suggestion won't be followed but it is a good longterm idea and should be considered a background idea to ponder in development.

Activity: 274
Merit: 254
Hey BD, we understand these things take time, better to get it right than launch something full of bugs. I'd love it if you could share some new screenshots or videos to show some of the progress you've made on Blakezone, or the other game(s) you are working on. Keep up the good work!
legendary
Solutions Architect
3 years and still going strong  Cool

would be nice to be further along with things though was hoping to move new wallet into testing but found more bugs (it is rejecting some blocks) will work on them over weekend hopefully find an easy fix Embarrassed

renewed domains and have started to convert all sites to let's encrypt and the pools are on list too at least if it does not have significant performance loss(if it does will need to rethink as it will be required for most browsers 2017+)

lets hope over next 3 years(or sooner) I can pull my finger out and get some of these games out the door that use Blakecoin as it was meant to be used Roll Eyes
Wow, has it been three years already? Time really does fly!
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050
Released to world 06-10-2013. Happy Birthday!

Nice to see active community here after 3 years.
Happy birthday Blakecoin!!   Cheesy
legendary
Solutions Architect
This market is in danger of de-listing due to low trade volume and lack of user interest. It may be removed on Friday, October 7th 2016 unless the average daily trade volume for the last 14 days exceeds 0.3 BTC. If you would like to keep the market listed, please encourage the development team to contact us at [email protected].

Some action over at Bittrex.

ok I sent them a message waiting to hear a reply

Edit:
Spoke with Bill looks like average daily trade volume is going to be ok but it is rechecked on Friday *trivia: BLC is the 33rd oldest coin on Bittrex  Shocked
This market is in danger of de-listing due to low trade volume and lack of user interest. It may be removed on Friday, October 7th 2016 unless the average daily trade volume for the last 14 days exceeds 0.3 BTC. If you would like to keep the market listed, please encourage the development team to contact us at [email protected].

Some action over at Bittrex.
legendary
Solutions Architect
Sounds good. Am curious if you compile on windows or cross compile from Linux.

I do most of my development in a windows environment currently win 10 but prefer code to be cross platform if possible  

for wallets I dont cross compile the dependencies are a pita and the results dont always run well on all versions of windows(7-10) from my own tests *at least way I have it setup

would be nice to cross compile like ffmpeg which works sweet for me(7-10) and unlike the wallets  Embarrassed

use linux for a lot of production servers as it is cheaper, often more reliable uptime wise and easier to secure than windows server (2k3-2k12) but again depends on project am fine in most platforms

on linux dont tend to use binaries I have not compiled myself often on a clone vm of the production server

Sounds good. Am curious if you compile on windows or cross compile from Linux.
legendary
Solutions Architect
Good explanation about miners being flagged by antivirus. Botnet mining bitcoin and most alt coins is not really practical, but some like monero can be mined using CPU effectively. Most coins require GPU mining which is harder to setup in a botnet, and more noticeable to the victim PC users. In fact this has happened recently
http://news.softpedia.com/news/cryptocurrency-mining-malware-discovered-targeting-seagate-nas-hard-drives-508119.shtml

Wouldn't hurt to remove CPU mining code from blakecoin wallet since its not been a cost effective way to mine since about a month or two after BLC launched. If some really wanted to CPU mine they could compile cpuminer separately. BlueDragon if you want, I could test compiling the new wallet on Linux if that'd help.

mostly its seem an issue with the windows qt am looking at the dependencies and toolchain

need to talk with exchanges really before too many nodes start testing as it could lead to issues also needs to be checked that it creates blocks right on pools else it will need more work
Good explanation about miners being flagged by antivirus. Botnet mining bitcoin and most alt coins is not really practical, but some like monero can be mined using CPU effectively. Most coins require GPU mining which is harder to setup in a botnet, and more noticeable to the victim PC users. In fact this has happened recently
http://news.softpedia.com/news/cryptocurrency-mining-malware-discovered-targeting-seagate-nas-hard-drives-508119.shtml

Wouldn't hurt to remove CPU mining code from blakecoin wallet since its not been a cost effective way to mine since about a month or two after BLC launched. If some really wanted to CPU mine they could compile cpuminer separately. BlueDragon if you want, I could test compiling the new wallet on Linux if that'd help.
legendary
Solutions Architect
Thank you BlueDragon, i was thinking to suggest an update to 0.12.x code but i see you are working on it, great!

So yes, whitelist is working, i was hoping that something could be done cause maybe a new user could be scared of the warning, i must check if something can be done within the Avira software to submit to their server that Blakecoin executable is a genuine crypto client and not a trojan with a miner.

Thanks and keep up your great work with BLC and Unity.

no problem, I spoke with someone at McAfee about this some time ago and only advice was to buy a code signing certificate to sign all my binaries with (cost about $200-$300 per year)  Undecided

hopefully will get new wallet in testing soon, it is compiling just not stable atm might need some tweaks to my compiler chain as the code looks fine  Embarrassed

anyways thanks for letting me know it is always best to be careful, will keep working on things and if possible find ways to avoid false positives detections just easier said than done  Wink

Activity: 44
Merit: 0
Thank you BlueDragon, i was thinking to suggest an update to 0.12.x code but i see you are working on it, great!

So yes, whitelist is working, i was hoping that something could be done cause maybe a new user could be scared of the warning, i must check if something can be done within the Avira software to submit to their server that Blakecoin executable is a genuine crypto client and not a trojan with a miner.

Thanks and keep up your great work with BLC and Unity.
legendary
Solutions Architect
Hi all, i wuold like to inform that the latest wallet for windows Blakecoin-qt 0.8.9.6 on Github is detected as a virus (Bitcoin Miner) in Avira free 2016, could something be done to avoid this by default?

its not a virus its a false positive the name of the detection should give that away  Roll Eyes

a lot of wallets will get picked up same way not much can be done just whitelist it

I could remove the miner code from wallet (will not be able to cpu mine with wallet -generate/will get some compiler linking issues and may not compile on some platforms) or compile with a different compiler maybe even sign the binary but this might not work and would waste my time as it is the anti-virus companies flagging it (its general flag not specific to any coin wallet just picking up the cpu miner code signature) why they do this is crypto scene is tiny user base and most users dont use wallets(especially full node wallets that can mine coins) so it get flagged as either virus or pup the later being slightly more accurate for a general non crypto type user

why did it happen: malware/trojan using same miner code in their programs so that infected victims become Bitcoin miners is some sort of botnet not sure if this is ongoing or was only in past but whatever the anti virus companies seem to take same stance and treat any program with miner code (genuine or not) as virus/pup  Huh

welcome to make a pull request with code changes on github if you wanted can test but as I am working on 0.12.x code base atm doing any changes to the 0.8.x code base is wasteful, again due to it being based on bitcoin code may also get false positive detection by some anti virus companies/programs  Cry

any issues with security or compatibility try running the wallets(any/all) in a virtual machine(vm) which should:

• sandbox the application
  • safer for your wallet.dat
  • should avoid false positives
  • can run specific os  

last but not least compile the wallet yourself from the github source but most likely it will be detected same as the release 0.8.9.6  Undecided

I dont have much faith in windows based anti virus programs most are often performance hogs and do little to protect you sometimes they can also be the way an attacker gets in by exploiting the higher privileges most anti virus programs get under windows but I am sure it makes you feel safer  Cheesy
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
Hi all, i wuold like to inform that the latest wallet for windows Blakecoin-qt 0.8.9.6 on Github is detected as a virus (Bitcoin Miner) in Avira free 2016, could something be done to avoid this by default?
Activity: 955
Not sure if anybody would be interested, but if somebody makes something like Blaketrader to also include a select few other coins, and made a nice interface, it would do very well.

Gap got delisted from Poloniex. It is a no premine, no ico coin that finds higher value gaps between prime numbers. It is a very productive coin in terms of 'doing something', but it is not on an exchange. It's last market cap was quite low, along the lines of Blake, and would probably move in a similar way as Blake when markets pick up.

If somebody wants bounties or something to run a trading site like that to include Blake coins and Gap and perhaps some other of the better coins, I'll contribute some and some other Gap fans might too.
Pages:
Jump to: