Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][BLC] Blakecoin Blake-256 for GPU/FPGA With Merged Mined Pools Stable Net - page 43. (Read 409571 times)

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!
 Wink
Big thanks to all others who are pledging for p2pool support of the Blake Coin network.

While in the long term timeline of development it can certainly help with decentralization of the network and provide options for miners I agree with Bluedragon747 in that current p2pool models of merged mining would only support pooled mining of Blake Coin and you would run local nodes for any/all child coins to merge mine them solo so your blake coin would be pooled & you would (depending on hash power, luck, difficulty & all other factors) get the full solo award for all child coins for aly solves.

P2pool is known for running higher rates of stale shares than strantum mining so what I am proposing we fund development of would likely not be superior or even match the current efficiency of the fully merged pools that are running.

Still it may be possible to take the technology to a new level !!

Bounty has been around a while maybe someone with experience is up for the challenge !

I think it worth reminding everyone there are several other bounties many of us (on the development team) and valuable members of the community have put up for and these are probably ahead of p2pool on my personal wishlist for advancing Blake Coin & it's children worldwide.

As other systems out there face increased challenges I believe that more major players will start to see the benefits in our merged mining system & excellent diversity of coins that can easily 'out scale' any existing system right now including bitcoin. 

We do have many known & silent bagholders in our community who I believe see the same advantages as I do to the Blake Coin Ecosystem. We are all greatful for the support.

Activity: 574
Merit: 500
What is the status of NY2?
legendary
Activity: 1509
Merit: 1030
Solutions Architect
would be nice if p2pool was a true merge mine pool for all coins but the devil is in the details of how p2pool currently works without some major changes, I to would chip in some $/BTC for a true merge p2pool that pool merged all blake eco coins

thing I will say about p2pool is that currently merge mining and p2pool works as main chain pooled while aux chains are only locally merged mined with only your shares(solo mining), for getting to this stage with p2pool I would not offer more than what is currently held by BCS for this bounty!

still a bounty for porting p2pool for each with hashing and subsidy/block reward tested and working, all project bounties can be seen here: http://blakecrypto.com/project-funding/

contact me for current total bounty held by BCS for each project
Activity: 521
Merit: 100
I haven't kept up with p2pool. Will it work with merged mining and with fast chains like electron?
If so, I will kick in $100 US dollars (or equivalent BTC/LTC/DOGE/BLC/ELT) for porting p2pool to merge mine BLC PHO ELT BBTC UMO LIT

I will also throw in $100 US dollars or equivalent BTC  Grin
I put down a notice in the p2pool thread. Hopefully somebody will be able to help.
Activity: 211
Merit: 119
Man is free at the moment he wishes to be.
I haven't kept up with p2pool. Will it work with merged mining and with fast chains like electron?
If so, I will kick in $100 US dollars (or equivalent BTC/LTC/DOGE/BLC/ELT) for porting p2pool to merge mine BLC PHO ELT BBTC UMO LIT

I will also throw in $100 US dollars or equivalent BTC  Grin
Is there a bounty for getting p2pool to work for merged blake mining? I will chip in if that's the case.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!
not unless you make your own merged pool where you are the only member

there is a bounty available I started for anyone that can get p2pool working for merged mining

so far no one has submitted any code and i won't have time to work on it for a few months myself.....

Solo mining and merge mining do not go hand in hand, right?
legendary
Solutions Architect
What hardware devices can i use?

GPU or FPGA

No Asic Hardware made for 8 round Blake-256

Bitcoin miner hardware is not able to make Blake-256 hashes

not out yet(due 27th Aug?) but I would think the new AMD R9 Nano card would be good hash/watt for GPU if buying new cards
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
What hardware devices can i use?
legendary
Solutions Architect
Sorry for the spam, but I want to see if there is any interest in trading blakecoins or electrons for bitcoin miner bitmain antminer s3?

I have a few of these that I am selling on ebay. I figure as a boost to the community, I will trade them for blakecoins or electrons, including shipping, US or international. I would do it for the other blake family coins but I am not sure there are enough market cap to do it. Let me know.

I think, this is not bad idea. This can add some value to blake family coins.
Maybe shop with other things could also help. Wink

Thanks for the input.  That's what I was thinking. I will look into putting up a shop then.

shop sounds cool  Cool

Do you think it is possible to mine blakecoins with 400 gh/s? If i buy 1 x 400 GH/s Technobit HEX4M 4 chip BA Minion based bitcoin miner
I see no reason not to. Join the pools Wink

I guess BlueDragon747 will tell you what is possible.
Ok

Can't mine Blakecoins with SHA-256D Asic miner chip its a different hashing algorithm  

Currently only GPU/FPGA for Blake-256
I see no reason not to. Join the pools Wink

I guess BlueDragon747 will tell you what is possible.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Do you think it is possible to mine blakecoins with 400 gh/s? If i buy 1 x 400 GH/s Technobit HEX4M 4 chip BA Minion based bitcoin miner
Sorry for the spam, but I want to see if there is any interest in trading blakecoins or electrons for bitcoin miner bitmain antminer s3?

I have a few of these that I am selling on ebay. I figure as a boost to the community, I will trade them for blakecoins or electrons, including shipping, US or international. I would do it for the other blake family coins but I am not sure there are enough market cap to do it. Let me know.

Thanks for the input.  That's what I was thinking. I will look into putting up a shop then.
Activity: 311
Merit: 250

Solo mining and merge mining do not go hand in hand, right?
Activity: 725
Merit: 503
At this diff. you don't have to worry, we can single mine. Focus on the game.
legendary
Solutions Architect
some problems with pools am looking into it  Undecided

Edit:

eu3, ny2, la1 are down
restoring backups on la1,eu3
moving ny2 to Atlanta (at1) and restoring will resolve as at1.blakecoin.com or ny2.blakecoin.com

this might take awhile  Cry

Edit2:

EU3 back online
LA1 back online
Pages:
Jump to: