Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][BLC] Blakecoin Blake-256 for GPU/FPGA With Merged Mined Pools Stable Net - page 44. (Read 409571 times)

legendary
Activity: 1509
Merit: 1030
Solutions Architect
Ok, when do you think there will be an alpha to try?

But then you don't foresee having a way to convert blakezone coins for blakecoins to take your earnings to another game?

no eta not great at accurately guessing when bugs and features work right once tested and sometimes extended, it also adds stress and that makes it harder to be motivated

currently shown balance is for BLC/PHO not blakezone coins so no conversion needs doing, balance withdraw processing is not done and may take awhile

I was pondering the idea to use a "virtual currency" as it would allow for paypal etc but its just as easy to go direct and have less fees and tax if its still run by an individual which it is atm
Activity: 725
Merit: 503
Ok, when do you think there will be an alpha to try?

But then you don't foresee having a way to convert blakezone coins for blakecoins to take your earnings to another game?
legendary
Solutions Architect
BlakeZone currently has direct webshop with BLC,PHO (others to follow) no items added on shop yet so see BCS webstore, ingame is based on account and balance can also be from rewards quests/events

future plan is to include all Blake eco coins for its own unique use rather than paywall options no idea when this would be complete atm though

progress wise its slow just me atm and I took some time to do wallet updates

I have talked with other devs for all the Blake eco coins and so far no plans to change size of blocks and we have the block target speed in favor vs bitcoin so more tx can be done

not changing the inflation in Blakecoin it helps supply in huge demand situations and we do have non inflation based coins in the selection currently merged
I agree, greed is nothing compared to the satisfaction of developing something successful in it's own right.

And blakecoin runs fine, I mean I have not touched my mining setup for years it seems and they just keep mining.

How is blakezone coming around?

I remember we talked about using cryptocurrencies directly in a game and you were against that at the time; proposing an in-game currency that could be bought for blakecoins... I still think we could use blakecoins directly, bitcoins would be a hacker feast though...

I'm seeing so many limitations to bitcoin at this stage (which blakecoin has too obviously, but it's less of a concern due to scale):

- pseudonymity requires raw transactions to preserve control over anonymity, but blakecoin is alot more probable to go unnoticed under the radar.
- blocksize of course.

Blocksize is interesting because it points to exactly the store of value concern I mentioned with inflation. People don't care about transaction fees they care about preserving value when the global debt bubble pops.

But I think you are right, let's build a online game centric currency community!

Just wished there was a blake hash coin that did not have inflation. Couldn't we remove it, or maybe lessen it or why keep inflation there when the global population is peaking?
Activity: 211
Merit: 119
Man is free at the moment he wishes to be.
Well I'm really sorry that all of the y1.15 have left blakecoin, but it's better to talk about it than pretend it hasn't happened?

I think it's due to the inflation build into blakecoin.

"less profit dumper getting coins and the more real community member getting coins the better"  Grin

I truly am going to miss catching the dumps on Atomic er Banx.io  at least I will never run out of ammo in the BlakeZone!   Wink

legendary
Solutions Architect
Well I'm really sorry that all of the y1.15 have left blakecoin, but it's better to talk about it than pretend it hasn't happened?

I think it's due to the inflation build into blakecoin.

my 1.15y's have not left so all is your opinion good luck mining hope it works out and you get rich

inflation or block reduction they dont really effect market price imho as the inflation is negligible in Blakecoin, difficulty and demand have more effect

as I always needed Blakecoin is a long term working currency with good supply now or 50 years+ time, easy to mine and is merged with others e.g working system not a investment pyramid  Roll Eyes

anyways I will not stop working on this project or game dev, have made it quite clear what I am working on and why "most profitable" is not so much of my concern, the system is what is needed and it works better today than it did at release so you can't take away that hard work or happiness for being a successful project e.g meets its goals  

less profit dumper getting coins and the more real community member getting coins the better  Grin

I think it's due to the inflation built into blakecoin.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!
Blake Coin is steamrolling right on down the tracks !!!

Blockchain now 300k+ tall and only a few months away from it's 2nd birthday !!

Personally the most memorable moment in the early days of Blake Coin for me was "the night daylight savings time went into effect"

Very few here were probably around then..... and that was a true one off............. still I'll never forget it !!!

I had reaper gpu mining and even shut it down for a while that night !!!

I notice looking over the network of Blake Coin and its children many have upgraded to the latest wallets.

Good to see since the latest builds are imo the most omtimized and best builds we have done so far.

Still for every child coin in the system (with the exception of Photon which we had to hardfork to start merged mining) wallets from day one you can still use your old wallets.  I would however recommend you upgrade and take advantage of the optimizations and better security functions of the newer builds.   

While this has not been discussed yet by our development team I am a bit concerned about support for windows 10.

Personally I will only ever install it in virtual box. 
When an operating system can compromise the security of your private keys it should be a concern.
That will be a problem we will have to resolve as it comes up.
If anyone has used the latest builds on windows 10 I would be curious to hear how they work as I have not personally even had a chance to test them. (win 7-8 work lovely)

Thanks to all supporters ---- keep mining ---- stranger things than I ever expected are happening to bitcoin.

I have to wonder if the goose that layed the golden egg squaked one too many times and just crushed it...... 
I hope not since I know a lot of talent and hard work has gone into bitcoin but the Blake Coin system and it's children will never be selling out to 'corporate' interests to roll out crazy stuff that does not even work on test net.  (That is really crazy.)
Sad part is if btc falters some of the largest alts that are merged will also falter.....

Blake Coin has the only other fully working merge minable system deployed and testing out with great results on multiple coins (more than two) 

Also blake 256 has (short version) mostly better security than sha 2 and was not invented by the nsa.

If you told me what is going on now a year or two ago I would have laughed at you but anyone serious about crypto currency mining, investing, world use cases, ect would be crazy now not to be looking at potential alternatives for a replacement.

The blake coin system is ready. 

Also --- always remember this --- Blake coin has no 'halving' every so often  ---- so no Zeno's paradox waiting for you 12 years from now. 
legendary
Solutions Architect
It's already ported to ztex 1.15y!

But, hm...

"john-conner's project, Vanillacoin (VNL), includes a significant amount of reformatted and, at best, lightly-edited Bitcoin code which has illegally and unethically had its attribution and copyright notices removed. In addition, he describes Vanillacoin as written "from scratch in its entirety", a false, misleading, and fraudulent claim that is being used to promote his coin. Given that this shows dishonesty, low credibility, and willingness to engage in unethical conduct, extreme caution is advised." -smooth

ok?

go talk about it in their thread this is not the right place to talk about other algo coins -.-

I personally leave attribution and copyright notices as they are to give the people that did hard work the respect they deserve

If you got a bitstream then go mine it if you want no need to tell me or troll this thread with stuff about other projects that are not related to Blakecoin or other Blake eco coins
It's already ported to ztex 1.15y!

But, hm...

"john-conner's project, Vanillacoin (VNL), includes a significant amount of reformatted and, at best, lightly-edited Bitcoin code which has illegally and unethically had its attribution and copyright notices removed. In addition, he describes Vanillacoin as written "from scratch in its entirety", a false, misleading, and fraudulent claim that is being used to promote his coin. Given that this shows dishonesty, low credibility, and willingness to engage in unethical conduct, extreme caution is advised." -smooth

ok?
legendary
Solutions Architect
Hey, have you seen the VanillaCoin FPGA stuff?

How does their hashing algo compare to blake?

I think it's not a Bitcoin clone so that's interesting!

go ask in their thread this is not right place to talk about VanillaCoin  Huh

also don't ask me to port it to your board not going to happen better things to do with my time

mojo(LX9 chip) is pretty much a tiny FPGA board and not good for hash thoughput far as hashing power goes as it is always a size/speed trade off for most algo's no way will it compete with GPU imho!

multi core and getting a good fmax design built to bitstream in Xilinx ISE is a Major PITA *ISE also requires a full licence for LX150 chips not many devs have this!

Not Based on work already done for FPGA = Porting it to other boards will be interesting/torture  Roll Eyes

but dont take my word for it build it and port to your board and see for yourself maybe I am wrong  Cheesy

Hey, have you seen the VanillaCoin FPGA stuff?

How does their hashing algo compare to blake?

I think it's not a Bitcoin clone so that's interesting!
Activity: 521
Merit: 100
Blaketrader and @tipElectron tipbot are going to be down until tomorrow. Doing some work on the servers.
Activity: 211
Merit: 119
Man is free at the moment he wishes to be.
Good to know that.

Is it safe to say EU3 miners have been listening to Daft Punk ft. Pharrell more than others on the network? Wink

yeah maybe Cheesy

I do see some bigger miners returning to mine with quite a bit of hashing power maybe they also mine other coins/algo's with their rigs?

It's Blake-256,  All Day Every Day.   Cool
legendary
Solutions Architect
Good to know that.

Is it safe to say EU3 miners have been listening to Daft Punk ft. Pharrell more than others on the network? Wink

yeah maybe Cheesy

I do see some bigger miners returning to mine with quite a bit of hashing power maybe they also mine other coins/algo's with their rigs?
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Good to know that.

legendary
Solutions Architect

Sth strange on EU3, pool hashrate tops net hashrate.

net hashrate is based on past avg block finds while pool is based on current share rate past 3-5 minutes
Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Sth strange on EU3, pool hashrate tops net hashrate.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!
BD the master of short answers :-)

updates added for strict DER checks for openssl with 1.0.2d this should avoid some exploits in openssl and help consensus, also added a new checkpoint

MinGW is used for creating windows binaries but can also be run on linux for cross compiling 
legendary
Solutions Architect
updates added for strict DER checks for openssl with 1.0.2d this should avoid some exploits in openssl and help consensus, also added a new checkpoint

MinGW is used for creating windows binaries but can also be run on linux for cross compiling 
Pages:
Jump to: