Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][BLC] Blakecoin Blake-256 for GPU/FPGA With Merged Mined Pools Stable Net - page 49. (Read 409571 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Running nodes sounds interesting. I'd like to give it a go.
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
If you can run a node for blake coin, photon or any other coins in the family , Blake bitcoin, Electron, Universal Molecule or Lithium Please consider doing so !!!

If you need help with set up , let me know and I will start a new thread on the various ways this can be done !!

Do you have any docs how to set up a node on linux server (CentOS, terminal without GUI)?
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!
Work continues by me testing multi signature transactions in photon and blake coin

Got a few good ideas from Bluedragon747 to try tonight.

If you can run a node for blake coin, photon or any other coins in the family , Blake bitcoin, Electron, Universal Molecule or Lithium Please consider doing so !!!

If you need help with set up , let me know and I will start a new thread on the various ways this can be done !!

Also there are  possible upgrades coming to 'enhance ' the qt wallet of Electron to help integrate the twitter tip code and BlakeTrader

I am also running various other experiments. 

If you are not mining blake 256 coins >  wtf are you waiting for !!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1509
Merit: 1030
Solutions Architect
EU3 down.

ok working on it now  Undecided

edit:
EU3 is back online thanks for letting me know
legendary
Solutions Architect
working on it should be back online soon

Edit:
back online now

any news on banx.io site?

wrong thread for banx.io news  Roll Eyes

best to ask Byron, Mark or Banx.io staff

you could also see @BanxExchange on twitter
Activity: 672
http://fuk.io - check it out!

Edit:
back online now

any news on banx.io site?
legendary
Solutions Architect

Edit:
back online now
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

Running a node for blake coin, photon, or any of our family members is actually very cheap now,

Hardly any bandwidth concerns, not a super large blockchain

This is why I use Photon as the development POW block chain for my local development system. I can very quickly test database loaders and reconstruct  block chain databases.

For everyday use, please use the main Blakecoin CCE explorer at: blc.cryptocoinexplorer.com. The openblc explorer serves as an example of the open source version of CCE 4.0

In case one did not notice, I have been testing a new version of the open-sourced CCE 4.0 on openblc.cryptocoinexplorer.com that has not been pushed to the repository yet.

The major difference is the transaction table on the block pages. Generating that table is harder then most people think. The code I have been using since CCE 3.0 works very well and is largely unchanged though CCE 3.99. However, it is very Rube Goldberg, and does not really follow good programming practices. I most certainly would not show that code to the public. Cheesy  It is one of those unusual situations where odd code just works better.
It has taken me a bit, but I have rewritten it with more standard programming practices. It is actually a bit longer and encompasses two functions for readability.

Once I release this version to the repository, I am going to make an official thread for open-source CCE 4.0 instead of posting in multiple threads as I do now.

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!
All of Bluedragon747's comments are the reasons I thought it prudent to try to get this in the pipeline,

We discussed it in the past but tabled it for other items.

Awesome news that we have community members looking to complete !!

If deployed it will only be as good as the number of nodes running/ and all child coin merged mining is done locally......  Still this is a good potential way for the network to grow the number of nodes.

If complete we may want to put together a 'simple step by step ' set up guide for users to work with...

Running a node for blake coin, photon, or any of our family members is actually very cheap now,

Hardly any bandwidth concerns, not a super large blockchain

Anyone who wants to support the blake 256 system  please consider running a node.

If you need help doing this (there are various ways /some 'more favorable' than others) post to the thread here or any of the coins in the netowrk or contact me in private. 
yeah thats true  Cool

lets hope Jude does a great job on p2pool maybe even use an exe wrap for it  Grin

py2exe/setuptools?
legendary
Activity: 1140
The Real Jude Austin
yeah thats true  Cool

lets hope Jude does a great job on p2pool maybe even use an exe wrap for it  Grin

py2exe/setuptools?

BD, I can't get P2Pool to connect the Blakecoin client.

Back when I ran p2pool.org I used to know how to remove that portion of the code from the client but I can't remember how, haha.

I can't remember where to set the client version in p2pool either so that they match...

And I can def. create an executable from the p2pool source I have, if I get it working, haha.
legendary
Solutions Architect
can i mine solo merged on my computer with windows? It is any tutorial?

run eloipool+mmp(on my Github) as a private pool might be best to use a ubuntu vm

solo merged = private pool *no need for front end if you are only miner which make life easy also no need to log shares to db

Ignatius tutorial for setting it up is linked on OP

Activity: 560
Merit: 255
can i mine solo merged on my computer with windows? It is any tutorial?
legendary
Solutions Architect
yeah thats true  Cool

py2exe/setuptools?
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1001
Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card
Well if it becomes easy enough to install/run. it might be worth running a P2pool node instead of just a wallet. Sort of like a staking coin avoids concentrations of miners

as far as attacks go it would make attacking the whole network merged pools+p2pool more difficult/expensive

p2pool is useful but there have been attacks against it, also note that it is not true merge its main pool + solo merge of aux coins but still it would be nice to add  Cheesy

+ Distributed and DDoS tolerant *so should not have single point of failure
- Just a single coin pool *aux coins are only submitted from local work and not part of pool

with a lot of nodes running p2pool its good as it would be well distributed but with only a few nodes some of the advantages are lost imho  Undecided

legendary
Solutions Architect
as far as attacks go it would make attacking the whole network merged pools+p2pool more difficult/expensive

p2pool is useful but there have been attacks against it, also note that it is not true merge its main pool + solo merge of aux coins but still it would be nice to add  Cheesy

+ Distributed and DDoS tolerant *so should not have single point of failure
- Just a single coin pool *aux coins are only submitted from local work and not part of pool

with a lot of nodes running p2pool its good as it would be well distributed but with only a few nodes some of the advantages are lost imho  Undecided
Does p2pool mean there cannot be attacks against it?
legendary
Activity: 1140
The Real Jude Austin
I have the P2Pool ready, I just need the P2P check in Main.cpp removed from Blakecoin.

I used to be able to remove it but it's been a long time since I did it.

Also, subsidy function.

Activity: 521
Merit: 100
thank you

I think this would not harm things but blake coin  in the future I see being on almost all exchanges.

My belief in humanity would be restored if i saw blake coin be recognized in a professional fashion for it's technological accomplishments and the accomplishments of the entire blake coin system.

I was thinking of starting a blake merged pool, maybe just to test and learn more about mining.

Maybe would open to the public,.....

Also as soon as possible I am pledging 10,000 blake coin for p2pool support in the bcs site and will add another 10,000 blc to the other bounty. 

Community members who can or want to support the project hopefully will consider chipping in also.

Voted Smiley

You can count on my support for the p2pool bounty. Not sure what it will be involved to get it working with the merge though.
Pages:
Jump to: