Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][BLC] Blakecoin Blake-256 for GPU/FPGA With Merged Mined Pools Stable Net - page 61. (Read 409571 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Yep, I really like the BLC explorer page.  Nice job.
Activity: 311
In regards to blc.cryptocoinexplorer.com :

Lately on a few occasions the explorer would get "stuck".

Occasionally the Blakecoin daemon will not respond to a database loader RPC call. The daemon does not return an error, just completely ignores the request.

In the past this has not been an issue as the loader was using the Python library "requests" to handle RPC calls. This library has an auto-timeout feature that would resend the RPC call if not answered in a certain period of time.

The latest version of requests somehow entirely breaks the RPC request code in CCE 3.5. I needed to revert the RPC request code to an much earlier version which uses the Urllib python libraries instead. These libraries do not have the same error and timeout handling that requests has. When the Blakecoin daemon ignores an RPC request, the loader will sit there and wait for an answer hence getting stuck.

I was hoping I would not have to patch 3.5 and instead address the requests issue in 4.0, but as 4.0 is still in development,  I have patched 3.5.

Due to some of the changes over the last few versions of requests   Roll Eyes, I need to limit the patched 3.5 and the future 4.0 to a certain version of Linux server.

This morning, I switched the Blakecoin explorer to its new server with the patched 3.5 code.

This should solve the hung explorer issue.

Thank you for your patience

Thank you. good work Wink
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
In regards to blc.cryptocoinexplorer.com :

Lately on a few occasions the explorer would get "stuck".

Occasionally the Blakecoin daemon will not respond to a database loader RPC call. The daemon does not return an error, just completely ignores the request.

In the past this has not been an issue as the loader was using the Python library "requests" to handle RPC calls. This library has an auto-timeout feature that would resend the RPC call if not answered in a certain period of time.

The latest version of requests somehow entirely breaks the RPC request code in CCE 3.5. I needed to revert the RPC request code to an much earlier version which uses the Urllib python libraries instead. These libraries do not have the same error and timeout handling that requests has. When the Blakecoin daemon ignores an RPC request, the loader will sit there and wait for an answer hence getting stuck.

I was hoping I would not have to patch 3.5 and instead address the requests issue in 4.0, but as 4.0 is still in development,  I have patched 3.5.

Due to some of the changes over the last few versions of requests   Roll Eyes, I need to limit the patched 3.5 and the future 4.0 to a certain version of Linux server.

This morning, I switched the Blakecoin explorer to its new server with the patched 3.5 code.

This should solve the hung explorer issue.

Thank you for your patience
legendary
Activity: 1509
Merit: 1030
Solutions Architect
Kewl Grin

I'm back mining on EU3 & can browse both pools again. Thanx.

your welcome any other issues just let me know  Smiley
Activity: 938
Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged
Kewl Grin

I'm back mining on EU3 & can browse both pools again. Thanx.
legendary
Solutions Architect
That would be very much appreciated, Blue Grin

BTW not only does my miner only connect to CG1 but I cannot even find the EU3 & NY2 sites on my browser.

Maybe you've overdone the blocking?

I know the auto admin can go nut sometimes and the list gets replicated across servers

Edit:
ok I see it NY2 added to list, couple of minutes I will have that corrected  Cheesy

try now it should be good for EU3/NY2

lol found a stuck cron on cg1 for updating the list too best fix that  Roll Eyes
That would be very much appreciated, Blue Grin

BTW not only does my miner only connect to CG1 but I cannot even find the EU3 & NY2 sites on my browser.

Maybe you've overdone the blocking?
legendary
Solutions Architect
Do I gain a few brownie points for twitter tonight?

Wink

yeah was well spotted, I will add you to the VIP list so when we feel its ready enough you will be among the first 20 to get a taste  Grin
Do I gain a few brownie points for twitter tonight?

Wink
legendary
Solutions Architect
Hi,
is everything OK with block explorer ?

sent a message to dreamwatcher about the explorer, the basic explorers on blakecoin.org are still working atm

also EU3 and NY2 have been knocked down again working on them now  Cry

Edit:
EU3 and NY2 back online

Edit2:
looks like CCE is working fine now thanks to dreamwatcher  Cool
Activity: 311
Hi,
is everything OK with block explorer ?
legendary
Solutions Architect
NY2 was knocked down again this morning its back online now am monitoring for any further issues
legendary
Solutions Architect
Still happening quite a bit - seems 'pool 3' is the problem.

EU3 and NY2 seem ok for now but seems LA1 is getting some issue which is probably your 'pool 3'  Undecided

Edit:
flushed caches and updated the block list from EU3/NY2

Still happening quite a bit - seems 'pool 3' is the problem.
legendary
Solutions Architect
I've had an awful lot of "JSON stratum auth failed: (null)" in the last hour on EU3

23:24 GMT it seems to have settled down again.

will see if I can improve performance a bit today
I've had an awful lot of "JSON stratum auth failed: (null)" in the last hour on EU3

23:24 GMT it seems to have settled down again.
legendary
Solutions Architect
Fast response unit Wink

thanks for letting me know  Smiley

NY2 is syncing wallets now should be back online in another 5-10mins
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
legendary