Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][BLC] Blakecoin Blake-256 for GPU/FPGA With Merged Mined Pools Stable Net - page 66. (Read 409571 times)

legendary
Activity: 1509
Merit: 1030
Solutions Architect
Any news about new miner for algo blake256? Like as sgminer ))

nope for hashrate the current miner works well

what would be the improvement having a new miner like sgminer?

a tweaked opencl core with x% performance gains I can understand but I did most of the large gains in hash rate to the algorithm before using it e.g rounds = 8, it is also tested to be used to mine and play which was one of the initial design goals

the UMO dev was working on doing a webcl miner but I am not sure that is completed and I think only beta versions of chrome would support it atm  Undecided

so from my point of view development time is best spent on core improvements and game development, which is BLC's main use case our MMO games which we will continue to focus on rather than port just another miner with no gains to the Blake eco system overall

same way of thinking goes into my view on more exchanges its not as useful as core development and actual use for more than just exchanging!

BLC was built as a currently system for use as a currency system with its main platform being our MMO games which we have been working on for some years already and BLC is designed to work well for many years in that role

you are most welcome to port sgminer yourself and contribute to the Blake eco system or ask the sgminer devs if they will port it for you but I am not sure what is to be accomplished by doing that and its not on my todo list

zone 1 boss and mob of the official post apocalyptic survival MMO FPS that is in development closed beta is due soon but no release date open beta some time in 2015

zone 1 video cut a few weeks back showing the game play (some things have changed since with some more video's due soon)

Activity: 113
Merit: 10
Any news about new miner for algo blake256? Like as sgminer ))
bug in front end just enter all wallet addresses for BLC,PHO,BBTC,XDQ,ELT,UMO,LIT (leave unused 2 as it is)
if you have not entered a wallet address that is why it throws an error empty wallet address = duplicate
also note not to enter one at a time enter all at same time then save

BlueDragon747, thank you very much, it's working!  Smiley
Activity: 274
Merit: 254
Cinnamon_carter, I agree its quite strange that Blakecoin pools are attacked so frequently. I was unsure how common ddos attacks are for other coin pools, but its obvious that the blake network is being specifically targeted by someone. Even though Blakecoin is one of the best alt-coins, it is relatively low profile, so its interesting that someone would put so much effort into suppressing it. Its flattering to get that kind of attention, but it needs to stop. It's not doing anything except wasting time and resources, Its not going to deter us from participating in the Blake community. BlueDragon747, I appreciate your diligence in protecting and maintaining the pools, it must be exhausting. If there's any way I can help just let me know.
legendary
Solutions Architect
eu3 should be back online now  Cool

issue was a corrupted wallet and it took some time to rebuild plus I needed some sleep  Cheesy
legendary
Solutions Architect
legendary
Solutions Architect
Why I can't to add adresses to my account in ny2.blakecoin.com ?
When you add any purse comes this inscription:

Failed to update your account: Failed to update your account:BoLvRRpHCPruatPRMSYX8FBdmHYDFDJgLL | | | | | | | unused2 | Duplicate entry '' for key 'coin_address_mm4"

bug in front end just enter all wallet addresses for BLC,PHO,BBTC,XDQ,ELT,UMO,LIT (leave unused 2 as it is)

if you have not entered a wallet address that is why it throws an error empty wallet address = duplicate

also note not to enter one at a time enter all at same time then save
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!
Attacks on the Blake Coin Network and Pools

I find it strange that there are few critics who have complaints about the blake coin ecosystem but the pools are being attacked more often than Mt. Gox ever was (even before it went down).  The bitcoin purists take a position that any alt coin is a shit coin. They are entitled to an opinion but the number of people who feel that way is shrinking.  The media attention, places like coin desk and mainstream media sticks to doge and litecoin and other coins they are paid to write articles about. I can't prove that but it is pretty obvious when you look at what does and does not get press. If you disagree fine since that is not central to the point I intend to make here.  People who are let us say 'clued in' from a technology standpoint understand the advantages  of Blake 256 over all other coin systems including bitcoin currently available. (even though we owe framework to bitcoin --- this is fully allowed in open source development)   The technology experts cannot knock the blake 256 system , so they ignore it. They pretend it does not exist.
If we never got attacked or got an attack once a month on one pool perhaps , this is what I would expect.

I have been in touch with a few people who run other coins (some major and minor players) and discussed how often their pools are attacked.

Basically the answers add up to no where near as often as the pools being run by Bluedragon747.

So , what is going on here.  Do we have enemies ?  I cannot imagine who they would be or why they would go through such trouble and expense to attack someone elses coin network.   Bluedragon747 is always helpful to people and even when I approached him as a stranger about a year ago he took the time to answer my questions about blake coin.  I may not be the most charming person around but you try being a woman around here and I think under the circumstances I do not feel I have ever done or said anything that would justify attacks like this. The other core members of the team are like saints in my opinoin.  They are helpful, contribute to the project and as a team I am proud to be a member of the blake 256 development team.   

But before we get warm and fuzzy, why are the pools being attacked ?

I refuse to believe there is a conspiracy of bitcoin purists who see the true advantages of blake 256 and want to 'stamp' it out of the world.

If I am wrong and any of us have upset or pissed someone off please correct me. 

Since not everyone knows what a denial of service attack is here is a quick brush up in these two linked articles.

http://computer.howstuffworks.com/zombie-computer3.htm/printable

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denial-of-service_attack

Now it is common knowledge that on the dark part of the web where you need the onion router to even visit some sites you can purchase almost anything , including cyber attacks.  I assume the attacker(s) are doing this.  I looked at a few of the logs from some of the attacks and since they are coming from all over the world this indicates a well organized effort.

So blakecoin, photon, universal mol, electron, blake bitcoin and, lithium are the most 'attacked' coins on the web even more than bitcoin or litecoin.

I think whoever is behind the attacks needs to stand up and state what the problem is.

Obviously we are not going to shut down the network or the pools and you may have slowed a few of the pools down but you are not able to shut us down ever.   We are not going to abandon blake 256 development. Many enhancements are on the way. So we can continue like this and you can throw hundreds  or thousands of dollars away every day and every week wasting your time to attempt to discourage us (which is not going to happen) or you can state what the problem is.  Join society.  You can post to this forum or other places under a fake name.   

The alternative is I will personally investigate and hire if necessary professionals (and believe me from my connections on twitter I know the best in the world) to weed you out. Some of these hackers owe me a favor or two so it may not cost me much but the cost to whoever is behind these attacks could be high.

I won't call the authorities on you since I like to setttle things without the cops ect.... but I guarantee most of the other members of the team will report you to the authorities and no matter what country you are in I will make sure the evidence is sufficient to prove the identity of the person ordering the attacks , even if the people you are hiring have to go down and rat on you , they will give you up in seconds..... i don't care if you paid them in bitcoin or how you paid them I will trace it and tie it back to who is responsible. 

So , consider your next action carefully,   you can join the real world or keep knocking your head against the wall until you really hurt yourself.

I leave you with the mythology of Tantalus https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tantalus

Why I can't to add adresses to my account in ny2.blakecoin.com ?
When you add any purse comes this inscription:

Failed to update your account: Failed to update your account:BoLvRRpHCPruatPRMSYX8FBdmHYDFDJgLL | | | | | | | unused2 | Duplicate entry '' for key 'coin_address_mm4"
legendary
Solutions Architect
some issues with eu3 working on it atm

oh what joy ny2 keeps getting DDoS need to reset and la1 has also just been knocked down what fun this weekend is going to be  Cry
legendary
Solutions Architect
FPGA question,

I have Several Icarus Dual spartan6's that after I flashed the "blakeminer_FourGatexClk_3core_fmax-102" bitstream and mcs the usb does not work. I can not figure out why, it's like the uart just died, When I re-flash with other non-blake Icarus bitstreams both Led lights come back on but after I power cycle just the RXD1 led stays lit and I get no response from windows when I plug in the usb. I am looking for any suggestions.  Cheesy

Using iMPACT when I flash the blake bitstream on the first chip both led lights next to the usb stay lit when I flash the second chip just the RXD1 stays lit. Huh

Thanks,

-Sid

I found that if you get issues try flashing but with non-blake bitstream on both fpga's and select not to load the mcs after flashing then power cycle and it will load from the mcs anyways, also found less issues running them on linux if you get any comms issues
Activity: 211
Merit: 119
Man is free at the moment he wishes to be.
FPGA question,

I have Several Icarus Dual spartan6's that after I flashed the "blakeminer_FourGatexClk_3core_fmax-102" bitstream and mcs the usb does not work. I can not figure out why, it's like the uart just died, When I re-flash with other non-blake Icarus bitstreams both Led lights come back on but after I power cycle just the RXD1 led stays lit and I get no response from windows when I plug in the usb. I am looking for any suggestions.  Cheesy

Using iMPACT when I flash the blake bitstream on the first chip both led lights next to the usb stay lit when I flash the second chip just the RXD1 stays lit. Huh

Thanks,

-Sid
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Yeah, all is back to normal.
legendary
Solutions Architect
Is EU3 working fine? I see only BLC being generated, other coins are at 0.

yeah looks like the mmp was down reset should be ok again
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Is EU3 working fine? I see only BLC being generated, other coins are at 0.
legendary
Solutions Architect
Hey guys cant connect to any of the pools ?? Suggestions or a possible fix.

pm me your ip I will check lists
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
Hey guys cant connect to any of the pools ?? Suggestions or a possible fix.
legendary
Solutions Architect
working on ny2 atm

working on cg1 atm

working on la1 atm

working on eu3 atm

all updates complete  Cool
Activity: 521
Merit: 100
I have problem with blaketrade,I wanted change some coins 8 hours ago, but I still not have coins in my wallets. Sad .
Is there someone with same problem?

sorry, one of the clients crashed. Got everything back online so everything should be working. I will look into your trades to make sure they are processed correctly. Sorry for the inconvenience.

OK, thank you Wink
ELT to PPC ok, i have my coins.
But LIT to ELT maybe not OK. My coins still missing.
sorry,  problem with database when the client crashed.
got it fixed Smiley
Activity: 311
Merit: 250
I have problem with blaketrade,I wanted change some coins 8 hours ago, but I still not have coins in my wallets. Sad .
Is there someone with same problem?

sorry, one of the clients crashed. Got everything back online so everything should be working. I will look into your trades to make sure they are processed correctly. Sorry for the inconvenience.

OK, thank you Wink
ELT to PPC ok, i have my coins.
But LIT to ELT maybe not OK. My coins still missing.
Pages:
Jump to: