Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][BLC] Blakecoin Blake-256 for GPU/FPGA With Merged Mined Pools Stable Net - page 68. (Read 409571 times)

Activity: 409
Merit: 250
you publicly hate traders and you want even more useless coins added to the exchange?

I dont hate traders not keen on market manipulation and back room deals!

also I dont have to make pools for traders or make them new coins on demand these are open source projects and the code is on github  Roll Eyes

after helping people it is also not nice to get them being threatening and abusive towards me I really dont have to put up with that, lucky that most of the developers I have worked with so far since releasing Blakecoin have been decent highly skilled people with the exception of one bad apple  Shocked

You have always assisted me with my mining efforts despite them being separate from your pools, thank you for that. Thank you for making code available via github, some of us do appreciate it.
legendary
Activity: 1509
Merit: 1030
Solutions Architect
you publicly hate traders and you want even more useless coins added to the exchange?

I dont hate traders not keen on market manipulation and back room deals!

also I dont have to make pools for traders or make them new coins on demand these are open source projects and the code is on github  Roll Eyes

after helping people it is also not nice to get them being threatening and abusive towards me I really dont have to put up with that, lucky that most of the developers I have worked with so far since releasing Blakecoin have been decent highly skilled people with the exception of one bad apple  Shocked
Activity: 153
Merit: 100
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
they demand 0.2 BTC trade per day I spoke with them several times nothing I could do would satisfy them  Cry

I also told them that reason why they might miss out on trade is the simple fact that they dont list all the merged coins  Roll Eyes

BLC is back on Bittrex, and listed again?! Smiley

https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-BLC
legendary
Solutions Architect
they demand 0.2 BTC trade per day I spoke with them several times nothing I could do would satisfy them Cry

I also told them that reason why they might miss out on trade is the simple fact that they dont list all the merged coins  Roll Eyes
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
It looks that BLC is delisted today on Bittrex.  Sad

https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-BLC

"This market is in danger of de-listing due to low trade volume and lack of user interest. It may be removed on October 31st unless the average daily trade volume for the last 7 days exceeds 0.2 BTC"
Activity: 521
as promised, here is the current Blakecoin Wallet compiled for 64bit Linux (tested on ubuntu). You will need to install dependencies if you havent already. next I will make an ubuntu PPA so that you can install the blake family wallets thru apt-get/synaptic and have the dependencies installed automatically.

https://www.mediafire.com/?pox6154n66a8w66
that would be awesome, thanks!
legendary
Solutions Architect
as promised, here is the current Blakecoin Wallet compiled for 64bit Linux (tested on ubuntu). You will need to install dependencies if you havent already. next I will make an ubuntu PPA so that you can install the blake family wallets thru apt-get/synaptic and have the dependencies installed automatically.

updated the OP's and site Grin
Activity: 274
Merit: 254

an 8 round blake256 asic would produce very fast hash rate with very little electricity. this would be a good thing, more network security and less energy consumption. personally i cant wait for blake asics Smiley
legendary
Solutions Architect
No Asik. This will kill the algorithm.

Proof?

it costs so much to make an Asic it makes no sense with the current market capitalization of even all the merge coins combined to produce a custom 8 round Blake-256 Asic yet

the only Asic that has been made was for the 14 round version for the SHA-3 competition which is not used in Blakecoin or the merged coins  Roll Eyes

as proven by both SHA-256D and Scrypt if an algorithm becomes popular and the market value exceeds the cost to produce then an Asic is most likely going to be produced no matter what you do!

atm only GPU/FPGA are practical for mining the 8 round Blake-256 used by Blakecoin and the merged coins but if one day it made sense to make Asic's then it would be smaller in silicon and cheaper to produce in volume which should make the mining devices cheap to buy and use less watt/hash than SHA-256D if built on same nano-meter process

Asic = Application-specific integrated circuit

most technology gets an Asic if widely used like: the chip and pin system for bank cards, a network card for your pc, a home router used for internet connection or most of the chips inside your mobile phone!  
Activity: 121
No Asik. This will kill the algorithm.
legendary
Solutions Architect
LA1 is down atm in contact with service provider hope to have it back online soon  Undecided

Edit:
got a reply having LA1 moved to a different server with more resources should be back to normal when thats done  Cool

Edit2:
LA1 is back online  Cheesy
legendary
Solutions Architect
A note for anyone trying to compile the wallet on Ubuntu (and probably any derivatives) with openssl 1.0.1j - ubuntu repositories currently only have 1.0.1f so you will have to get the 1.0.1j deb files from the debian sid repository and install them manually. Hopefully the ubuntu repositories will update to libssl 1.0.1j  soon. I only mention this because the 1.0.1j update is important since it fixes a severe security bug.

easy to fix
Code:
wget https://www.openssl.org/source/openssl-1.0.1j.tar.gz
tar -xvzf openssl-1.0.1j.tar.gz
cd openssl-1.0.1j
./config --prefix=/usr/lib/ssl --openssldir=/usr/lib/ssl
make
make install

Code:
sudo ln -sf /usr/lib/ssl/bin/openssl `which openssl`

make sure its in your path
Code:
nano /root/.bashrc
PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/lib/ssl:/usr/lib/ssl/bin

check version
Code:
openssl version -a

should get a result like this:
Code:
OpenSSL 1.0.1j 15 Oct 2014
built on: Wed Oct 22 17:58:50 UTC 2014
platform: linux-x86_64
options:  bn(64,64) rc4(16x,int) des(idx,cisc,16,int) idea(int) blowfish(idx)
compiler: gcc -DOPENSSL_THREADS -D_REENTRANT -DDSO_DLFCN -DHAVE_DLFCN_H -Wa,--noexecstack -m64 -DL_ENDIAN -DTERMIO -O3 -Wall -DOPENSSL_IA32_SSE2 -DOPENSSL_BN_ASM_MONT -DOPENSSL_BN_ASM_MONT5 -DOPENSSL_BN_ASM_GF2m -DSHA1_ASM -DSHA256_ASM -DSHA512_ASM -DMD5_ASM -DAES_ASM -DVPAES_ASM -DBSAES_ASM -DWHIRLPOOL_ASM -DGHASH_ASM
OPENSSLDIR: "/usr/lib/ssl"

A note for anyone trying to compile the wallet on Ubuntu (and probably any derivatives) with openssl 1.0.1j - ubuntu repositories currently only have 1.0.1f so you will have to get the 1.0.1j deb files from the debian sid repository and install them manually. Hopefully the ubuntu repositories will update to libssl 1.0.1j  soon. I only mention this because the 1.0.1j update is important since it fixes a severe security bug.
legendary
Solutions Architect
Blakecoin 0.8.9.2 for Windows

Built with static dependencies and QR code support

Built with:
Boost 1.55
OpenSSL 1.0.1j
Qrencode 3.4.4
Libpng 1.6.12

https://github.com/BlueDragon747/Blakecoin/releases/tag/v0.8.9.2
legendary
Solutions Architect
Thanks BD, i look forward to the updated wallet. will have to look at some change logs to see whats new in v. 9.3. one question, i was unclear about when poking thru the source. in the makefile.unix there is this line
HARDENING=-fno-stack-protector
The comment for this says it is a work around for a bug, but when i looked up the bug it appears it has been fixed years ago. so would it be better to comment out the above line?

yes you can comment it if you want as like you said its been patched in most newer distro's anyway
Thanks BD, i look forward to the updated wallet. will have to look at some change logs to see whats new in v. 9.3. one question, i was unclear about when poking thru the source. in the makefile.unix there is this line
HARDENING=-fno-stack-protector
The comment for this says it is a work around for a bug, but when i looked up the bug it appears it has been fixed years ago. so would it be better to comment out the above line?

edit: BD, I also just noticed in your current blakecoin github, you have my edit that changes the text color of the splash screen to white, but have the original splash.png which is itself white (so the text will be invisible). I changed it to white since the custom splash.png i had used is a darker blue.  you can change the text color on line 38 of splashscreen.cpp
legendary
Solutions Architect
ok, ill try out forking it on github when i get a chance, but mainly just for the sake of learning - i dont care about taking credit for this. you can look at the .pro file its in the archive; if i recall right all i did was remove the lines that where specific for windows where it specifies the lib dirs and libboost suffix. i used qrencode 3.4.4 which is the current release

I am merging some of the changes but did find a bug with the new leveldb sub version 18 it does not compile on windows so have just used sub version 17 like bitcoin core for now as it does not have same issue  Undecided

I am also working on porting to 9.3 code base but need to setup a new dev environment to compile it  

Edit:
Updated Github with most of the merged changes and a couple of bug fixes
ok, ill try out forking it on github when i get a chance, but mainly just for the sake of learning - i dont care about taking credit for this. you can look at the .pro file its in the archive; if i recall right all i did was remove the lines that where specific for windows where it specifies the lib dirs and libboost suffix. i used qrencode 3.4.4 which is the current release
Pages:
Jump to: