Author

Topic: [ANN][Blocknet] truly decentralized exchange | token ecosystem infrastructure - page 208. (Read 1103293 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Fibre Knight
author=BTCMILLIONAIRE link=topic=829576.msg9690030#msg9690030 date=1417271230]

Let us just go ahead and swap a few block on the chain so I can see if you really have a vested interest in this project or not. I will start first, just give me your addy. I am not saying all your post are "troll" but it seems to me that you have alternative interest in whipping up uncertainty, so I am going to leave it at U for now. You willing to put your coin where your mouth is Millionaire? It's not the end of the month yet according to all the calendars I have sitting in front of me and besides they never said " on December 1st we are going to have all this stuff", what they said was "..we will have a test/prototype p2p daemon by the end of the month, if not sooner and with that a clear roadmap and other details regarding this project." To me, this means they will release statement on if they have the test prototype and updated roadmaps and details. You guys are way too literal for a project that is in its infancy. I really appreciate you vetting these guys, but do it with a little class. Otherwise, it's just trolly and spew.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 834
Hello all,

just wanted to provide an update, due to the amount of noise from the trolls creating FUD to lower the market price, its hard to communicate directly with real blocknet enthusiasts.

As I stated, we will have a test/prototype p2p daemon by the end of the month, if not sooner and with that a clear roadmap and other details regarding this project.

While things may seem to be in a lull currently, it is just part of the process of putting everything in order

I'm available via PM for any questions as its hard to keep up w/ all the noise from trolls.

Dan

Found one such post above  Tongue

We have only one month left for legitimately called the end of the fourth quarter of 2014.
Oh don't make me look for the posts from Dan the Man himself suggesting some developments before end of this month.  Angry
Activity: 382
Merit: 250

We have only one month left for legitimately called the end of the fourth quarter of 2014.

no coin = no voice = what your saying.

Just contact a coin rep. It's not like you have to prove ownership of coins first.

If you don't want to work with the people involved in order to shape the Blocknet the way you'd hope it to be, then just leave. There's no sense in fussing over stuff here. Get involved.

If someone asks a legitimate concern or question ....you are told either you are a fudder or you are told to get out........  Kiss Kiss Kiss
There were things that were promised to be done by end of this month...still waitin
Fibre Knight
author=synechist link=topic=829576.msg9684561#msg9684561 date=1417209528

Thank you for keeping a level attitude in the face of this continued causation. I for one also agree you deserve to be paid to defend the innovation from those too incompetent to create something that I can understand takes time to formulate. Based on my assessment of the questions being tossed out, I highly doubt any of these folks have a clue as to the cost of securing legal retainers and all the paperwork involved in creating even a simple corporation. Obviously you need to have a corporation before you can have board members. This one actually had me in stitches earlier. Also, I do understand and appreciate the need to balance transparency with confidentiality and all the intellectual property and assignments. With that said, I do hope you will continue along the path you are going. From what I have listened to, it seems things are progressing nicely.

legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1126

so you're saying, if you just own block, you're voiceless? Seems like passing the buck...

That's precisely the opposite of what I said.

Read it again: you have a voice; speak to your coin representative so your view can be tabled and brought up.

A Coin Representative's function is to stand for the interest of their communities and dev teams.

Furthermore if CoinGateway receives word from Coin Representatives that there are concerns or complaints about a proposed action by the board, then their responsibility is to refuse to sign the relevant transaction until the concern or complaint is successfully resolved.

Read about the process here: http://wiki.blocknet.co/index.php/Multisig_Escrow_of_Funds
(And if you want to suggest amendments to the process itself, you know what to do.)

Maybe I've missed the replies on these questions, however would you mind answering the following:
Is the Board already formed? If yes, who are its members? Which parties have to approve an expenditure?

There is no Board:

http://wiki.blocknet.co/index.php/Board_Members

However:

http://wiki.blocknet.co/index.php/Overview

BOARD MEMBERS
- Are accountable to the Coin Representatives and function to mediate requests and make decisions upon these requests
- Are accountable to the public and are required to publish records of all decisions made
- Review and approve proposals for funding
- Submit their decisions to a third party auditor service (CoinGateway) for authorization
- Cannot spend funds without a majority vote in agreement to spend funds
- Cannot spend funds without the third party auditor’s authorisation to spend funds

I guess what some people are curious about are who the Board Member(s) are... that ultimately approve/deny funding?
Activity: 462
Merit: 250

so you're saying, if you just own block, you're voiceless? Seems like passing the buck...

Read it again: you have a voice; speak to your coin representative so your view can be tabled and brought up.

A Coin Representative's function is to stand for the interest of their communities and dev teams.

Furthermore if CoinGateway receives word from Coin Representatives that there are concerns or complaints about a proposed action by the board, then their responsibility is to refuse to sign the relevant transaction until the concern or complaint is successfully resolved.

Read about the process here: http://wiki.blocknet.co/index.php/Multisig_Escrow_of_Funds
(And if you want to suggest amendments to the process itself, you know what to do.)

Maybe I've missed the replies on these questions, however would you mind answering the following:
Is the Board already formed? If yes, who are its members? Which parties have to approve an expenditure?
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

Just contact a coin rep. It's not like you have to prove ownership of coins first.

If you don't want to work with the people involved in order to shape the Blocknet the way you'd hope it to be, then just leave. There's no sense in fussing over stuff here. Get involved.

legendary

Fibre Knight
author=crackfoo link=topic=829576.msg9684439#msg9684439 date=1417208325

If you just own block, that might be part of the problem. Most the investor's pair against their coin that has been selected into the net in order to strengthen both and become part of a greater community and this next phase in crypto (like it or not) I would venture to say if you just own block, then you are wanting just the assets it will provide and thus the shares/dividends from those and really not an investment into the coin integration or you are again treating it like an investment coin, which it is not. Your voice then would then not have a proper channel. Think of it this way. You own a car and you need to drive it so you partner up with a regulating body so you have a voice in where the roads go and how much you pay to drive on those roads and all the rules and regulations that go with it. Otherwise you're in your backyard going on circles constantly walking back and forth to the service station for fuel. To me it's pretty clear you need to commit to a coin to have a channel for voting and concerns.
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1036
http://wiki.blocknet.co/index.php/Record_of_Accounts

PR - 10.736btc
I believe synechist said that he is volunteering as a PR person, so who got almost 4k USD and for what? Moreover, who approved these expenses if the Foundation has not been formed yet. What about multi-sig address?

Development - 8btc
Is this Dan's salary? For what specific work or code was someone paid 8 BTC.

These expenses are rather vague as there is no explanation behind them. Why were the payments in BTC and not in alts?
+1

The incipient Foundation - i.e. the coin representatives - meet on roughly a weekly basis.

Last week it was decided that some expenses needed to be paid in advance of the Foundation being formalised.

If you're not happy with either:
- the degree of information provided about expenditures
- the expenditures themselves,

then take it up with your Coin Representative. Perhaps in future we'll give more details on expenditures - that is, if there's a majority vote for this.

Let's approach this as a community and in an orderly, productive fashion.

If you want things to work your way, you'll need to communicate this in such a way that the necessary people hear it. So speak to your Coin Representatives and let's get this thing going.

alarm bells....
legendary

PR - 10.736btc
I believe synechist said that he is volunteering as a PR person, so who got almost 4k USD and for what? Moreover, who approved these expenses if the Foundation has not been formed yet. What about multi-sig address?

Development - 8btc

These expenses are rather vague as there is no explanation behind them. Why were the payments in BTC and not in alts?
+1

The incipient Foundation - i.e. the coin representatives - meet on roughly a weekly basis.

Last week it was decided that some expenses needed to be paid in advance of the Foundation being formalised.

then take it up with your Coin Representative. Perhaps in future we'll give more details on expenditures - that is, if there's a majority vote for this.

If you want things to work your way, you'll need to communicate this in such a way that the necessary people hear it. So speak to your Coin Representatives and let's get this thing going.

legendary

PR - 10.736btc

Development - 8btc

+1

Fibre Knight
Concerning the funds, I would imagine you couldn't really examine in great detail where funds go within those categories listed. I think stating what is being spent is a good start and having the milestones and deliverable's is good. I don't ask most of the companies I invest in on the stock market in great detail the funds.

Folks listen, you are either in or out. Please stop trying with the FUD already. This is not a scam and not a P&D, it's competition and obvious you are feeling it or have lost your coins by dumping.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1001
180 BPM
Evening all

Just to let you know that we'll be maintaining a record of accounts for the Blocknet here: http://wiki.blocknet.co/index.php/Record_of_Accounts.

Wow what detailed and accurate book keeping you have produced /sarcasm....You need to be more transparent with the funds that people are expecting you to use wisely.

10.7btc already on PR?? care to explain in more detail - you went to a $900 lunch with one of your mates to tell him what Block is?

For a change I'm on synechist side on this issue, he earned every single satoshi from those 10.736 BTC. Shilling hard for ever-absent developers, turning completely reasonable questions into FUD, discrediting everyone who is not loudly cheering for the project... It's not an easy thing to do and you have to have a stomach to do it successfully.

Anyone would have done that for 1k in the crypto community. Where people build websites for 0.1 BTC and develop coins with mixers/chat/voip for 0.5 BTC.
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1077
^ Will code for Bitcoins
Evening all

Just to let you know that we'll be maintaining a record of accounts for the Blocknet here: http://wiki.blocknet.co/index.php/Record_of_Accounts.

Wow what detailed and accurate book keeping you have produced /sarcasm....You need to be more transparent with the funds that people are expecting you to use wisely.

10.7btc already on PR?? care to explain in more detail - you went to a $900 lunch with one of your mates to tell him what Block is?

For a change I'm on synechist side on this issue, he earned every single satoshi from those 10.736 BTC. Shilling hard for ever-absent developers, turning completely reasonable questions into FUD, discrediting everyone who is not loudly cheering for the project... It's not an easy thing to do and you have to have a stomach to do it successfully.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Evening all

8btc on development - what development?, a website?? an app??, you have no code to show for Blocknet - I dont care how much you say is going on behind the scenes - prove it

0.65btc - You say the foundation is being setup and things done properly. You must have some very cheap legal.

Call me a fudder, ban me ...I dont care, but just remember you are playing with real peoples money - this is not a game of monopoly.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1001
180 BPM

PR - 10.736btc

What PR did blocknet have except BCT posts and twitter?
Jump to: