Author

Topic: [ANN][Blocknet] truly decentralized exchange | token ecosystem infrastructure - page 211. (Read 1103293 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Can you reply to my PM please? Thank you.

Ok.

Apologies to everyone who's not heard back from me recently. I have a large and intimidating backlog of PMs, and it's not always possible for me to keep up with the rate at which messages come in.

Any news on the XC front this week? Or Blocknet actually for that matter. Perhaps a weekly update of some sort?

Yeah, you can expect XC-related news on xctalk.com. ;-)

As for the Blocknet, there's a lot of preparatory work going on behind the scenes (regarding the Foundation) and we hope to report back on a bunch of that asap.

Xbridge working sample is supposed to be released this week correct? Or a code update anyway.

Regarding XC.. the NEW TORISO update was not released to the public we just discovered it in the download folder of the website. will there be official ann for that in the XC forum? is it safe to put coins there?

New ISO and it wasn't announced? lol, wtf.

Ok.

Apologies to everyone who's not heard back from me recently. I have a large and intimidating backlog of PMs, and it's not always possible for me to keep up with the rate at which messages come in.

Any news on the XC front this week? Or Blocknet actually for that matter. Perhaps a weekly update of some sort?

As for the Blocknet, there's a lot of preparatory work going on behind the scenes (regarding the Foundation) and we hope to report back on a bunch of that asap.

Thanks. Yes I have been keeping an eye on xctalk.com and the xc thread. I will continue to do so.

Eagerly awaiting the latest on blocknet.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500

Ok.

Xbridge working sample is supposed to be released this week correct? Or a code update anyway.

Regarding XC.. the NEW TORISO update was not released to the public we just discovered it in the download folder of the website. will there be official ann for that in the XC forum? is it safe to put coins there?
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

Ok.

Ok.

Ok.

Thank you.
legendary

Ok.

Hello good folks. Can anyone tell me exactly how the BLOCK / NHZ asset exchange will work when Blocknet goes live?

Here's what I can discern: Currently, you can purchase NHZ coins, called HZ, on Poloniex for BTC. When you own HZ, you can purchase NHZ assets (via the in-wallet NHZ asset exchange), which represent shares in a company-like entity. In the future, Blocknet assets will be available as one of these NHZ assets.

So how will you be able to purchase the Blocknet NHZ assets with BLOCK? Is there actually a way to trade for NHZ assets using an altcoin on the NHZ asset exchange? Or will we get a set number of HZ for each BLOCK, which we can then use to buy the assets? Will people be able to buy these Blocknet shares if they don't own BLOCK, or will BLOCK tokens be the sole method for obtaining these shares?

I understand that this hasn't all been figured out, but I'm just trying to understand what approximately will be the buying power of a BLOCK.

Morning folks.

You will not purchase HZ assets with BLOCK, you will simply redeem your BLOCK for HZ assets.

The Horizon asset exchange is still under some development as far as I know, and so I'm unaware of the precise method by which owners of BLOCK will become owners of the Blocknet asset.

After BLOCK has been redeemed for Blocknet assets, the assets will be tradable on the asset exchange. This means that anyone will be able to buy Blocknet assets - not only owners of BLOCK. However, the supply of available Blocknet assets will be identical to the amount of BLOCK redeemed for it.

legendary
Hello good folks. Can anyone tell me exactly how the BLOCK / NHZ asset exchange will work when Blocknet goes live?

Here's what I can discern: Currently, you can purchase NHZ coins, called HZ, on Poloniex for BTC. When you own HZ, you can purchase NHZ assets (via the in-wallet NHZ asset exchange), which represent shares in a company-like entity. In the future, Blocknet assets will be available as one of these NHZ assets.

So how will you be able to purchase the Blocknet NHZ assets with BLOCK? Is there actually a way to trade for NHZ assets using an altcoin on the NHZ asset exchange? Or will we get a set number of HZ for each BLOCK, which we can then use to buy the assets? Will people be able to buy these Blocknet shares if they don't own BLOCK, or will BLOCK tokens be the sole method for obtaining these shares?

I understand that this hasn't all been figured out, but I'm just trying to understand what approximately will be the buying power of a BLOCK.

Morning folks.

You will not purchase HZ assets with BLOCK, you will simply redeem your BLOCK for HZ assets.

The Horizon asset exchange is still under some development as far as I know, and so I'm unaware of the precise method by which owners of BLOCK will become owners of the Blocknet asset.

After BLOCK has been redeemed for Blocknet assets, the assets will be tradable on the asset exchange. This means that anyone will be able to buy Blocknet assets - not only owners of BLOCK. However, the supply of available Blocknet assets will be identical to the amount of BLOCK redeemed for it.

Activity: 223
Merit: 101

That is what many of us would like to know.
Activity: 422
Meow

Activity: 496
Apologies to those (excepting Unicornfarts, who is banned) whose comments got deleted. It's because you quoted Unicornfarts.

Please don't quote trolls. It just perpetuates their nonsense and gives it opportunity to aggravate more people.

sorry, arlyn. you mean "fartyrdkjkjwhatever", right? lol cryptico  Grin what do unicorn farts smell like, anyway? seriously, i'm curious.

like sulphuric roses. of course.

To understand unicorn fart smell, you must first understand how unicorns are made:

They are born and raised here: http://www.sulphurhorseranch.com/ and then genetically modified with Narwhal http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narwhal genes.  From there they are sprinkled with double rainbow particles at this location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQSNhk5ICTI . After this process they are stored in cryogenics for 2 years at this location : http://strangehuman.werbonics.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/CrySpace_Child.jpeg  - after this process, the unicorn is created and produces silent but pleasant sulfuric rose smelling farts.

Fact.

Smiley
Activity: 407
Merit: 254
Apologies to those (excepting Unicornfarts, who is banned) whose comments got deleted. It's because you quoted Unicornfarts.

Please don't quote trolls. It just perpetuates their nonsense and gives it opportunity to aggravate more people.

sorry, arlyn. you mean "fartyrdkjkjwhatever", right? lol cryptico  Grin what do unicorn farts smell like, anyway? seriously, i'm curious.

like sulphuric roses. of course.
Activity: 121
Merit: 100

sorry, arlyn. you mean "fartyrdkjkjwhatever", right? lol cryptico  Grin what do unicorn farts smell like, anyway? seriously, i'm curious.
legendary

Activity: 196
Fibre Knight
-snip-

so there is no source code avalible at all? no proof this exists? will this be a closed source centralized nightmare?

Can't tell if terrible reading comprehension, FUDing or just Newbie... Anyway if you look to the frontpage you will find a link to GitHUB:
https://github.com/atcsecure/blocknet

Maybe a newbie then. I just don't see any source code other than the wallet. (Why is it just a pos wallet?) I just want to see if there is any active development and I can't see anything to review or anything.

The premise would then be things are being developed, perhaps in a closed fashion to start. Microsoft did not expose their initial code base, neither did a lot of folks (shall I continue)? There are those (always) wanting to see progress, for the idea is they somehow hold shares and expect to rule the board or devs. It really doesn't work that way here in Blocknet I don't think (maybe in other frameworks) from my understanding. Those invested are vested in the trust of the block and the mind behind that vision. We expect the innovation will amaze and allow a seeded tech for all inboard to enrich, but not to the extent other side-visionaries would come shoot and pluck the bird before given to fly. I guess you will just need to trust that not everything (if anything) is going to be on Github for you or anyone else to rape and pillage. It simply doesn't work that way IRL. I would assume mind you there is a certain trust among those coin's in the block to know the deeper roots of the plan, I for one do not and enjoy the idea that should I lose my investment I chuckle to myself knowing that are merits to being heavily diversified in these matters. I will spitfire my wildcat and roll the dice without seeing "what's going on". If you did the homework, you would know "what's going on".
Activity: 779
-snip-

so there is no source code avalible at all? no proof this exists? will this be a closed source centralized nightmare?

Can't tell if terrible reading comprehension, FUDing or just Newbie... Anyway if you look to the frontpage you will find a link to GitHUB:

Maybe a newbie then. I just don't see any source code other than the wallet. (Why is it just a pos wallet?) I just want to see if there is any active development and I can't see anything to review or anything.
Activity: 391

That's just the source to the blocknet wallet, which is just like any other POS wallet, so nothing special there.

The source to what is suppose to be the actual tech is here:  https://github.com/atcsecure/xbridge

Not a whole lot there and it hasn't been updated in awhile.
Activity: 178
-snip-

Activity: 779
Hello,

Someone from SWIFT community asked to come here to make a few statements re:blocknet progression. 

I obviously can not release all information without the Blocknet foundations approval so please excuse my statements if they seem "brief".

Progress within Blocknet :

-Blocknet is in the process of ensuring it complies legally for business interactions in the real world.  This can take time, you must understand that running a business in legal form is much different than running a hobby coin for btctalk users.  There are a lot of things to consider when you join crypto networks into the business world.  Ensuring we have a legal framework is priority #1.

-Meetings are held regularly between the blocknet members.  We are working behind the scenes to decide on best practices for the foundation and its future members.

-Development is ongoing, technology is being discussed, ideas are being shared and progress is being made.

-Blocknet funds and multi sig options are being finalized.

Not sure what else I can say here without giving away to much information.  Please realize that blocknet is being run like a corporation, it involves many people from outside and inside our networks.  Massive Corporations are not built overnight.

Microsoft Progression : http://news.microsoft.com/facts-about-microsoft/
Apple Computers Progression: http://www.softschools.com/timelines/apple_history_timeline/252/
Google Progression:  http://www.google.ca/about/company/history/
IBM Stats:
Year   Gross income (in $m)   Employees
1915   4   1,672
1920   14   2,731
1925   13   3,698
1940   45   12,656
1945   138   18,257
1950   266   30,261
1955   696   56,297
1960   1,810   104,241
1955   696   56,297
1960   1,810   104,241
1965   3,750   172,445
1970   7,500   269,291
1965   3,750   172,445
1970   7,500   269,291
1975   14,430   288,647
1975   14,430   288,647
1980   26,210   341,279
1985   50,050   405,535
1990   69,010   373,816
1995   71,940   225,347

---

Good things take time, remember this.

-BitSwift

Jump to: